Covenant album cover mystery figured out

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
sworn
Neophyte

Covenant album cover mystery figured out

Post by sworn »

A while back there was a post about why the sigils in the "Book of Ceremonial Magic" on the Covenant album cover varied. Some covers have two sigils, most have one, and some even have both blotched-out. The general consensus was that it must have been due to some kind of copyright restriction varying by country and by publication date of a given album (earlier ones likely would have slipped by without being "edited").

There was a user on here who said that he owns the book in question, and said that on page 124 (the page where the sigils do or do not appear) there is a list of months or something. This is true, but only for some versions of the book. As it turns out, there were numerous copies of the book and each had their own pagination. What I did was find an out of copyright version of the book on Google Books, and did a word search for some of the words that are clearly visible ("to punish your enemies or evil persons") and found that, in this version at least, the page in question is page 99. I extracted the page, made it into a jpg, and put it up on IMGUR so you all can see it. Oddly enough, the left sigil in the book (the one that is blotched-out on most album covers) is not the same as the one that appears on the covers with two sigils. Instead, the two sigil covers merely "copy and paste" the one the right. Lame.

Also, the layout of the text in the two versions of the books varies by a slight amount: "Section XII" begins above the sigils on the Covenant album cover version of the book, and it begins just after the sigils in the version that I have; so basically off by two lines.

Nonetheless, here's the real page and a good-sized image of the cover to cross-examine that it is the same page, just different pagination.

Enjoy!

Mutilator
Ancient One

Re: Covenant album cover mystery figured out

Post by Mutilator »

:interessant:
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

you guys know this forum isnt actually about morbid angel, right?
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="Mutilator"]:interessant:[/quote]

it's not something I ever contemplated but yes very interesting indeed.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Verbal"]you multiple hard-on bearers know this forum isnt actually about morbid angel, right?[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
scunt.
Metal God

Post by scunt. »

:lol:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jorsh">
Omg Ali is so hot I want to fuck both nostrils, earholes, even his armpits and elbows. Basically I want to fuck him everywhere except his ass and mouth.

To jizzfinity and beyond
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hitoshura">
also when you exit an unsuccessful interview you should just leave them with: 'if you can't slam with the best, you'll just have to jam with the rest'
</blockquote>
scunt.
Metal God

Post by scunt. »

gleeso :thingy:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jorsh">
Omg Ali is so hot I want to fuck both nostrils, earholes, even his armpits and elbows. Basically I want to fuck him everywhere except his ass and mouth.

To jizzfinity and beyond
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hitoshura">
also when you exit an unsuccessful interview you should just leave them with: 'if you can't slam with the best, you'll just have to jam with the rest'
</blockquote>
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

I'm not sure what the point is, but I've known what this is from for a long time and posted it, it's called the black pullet, and it's a series sigils and rings to make yourself invisible or whatever. You can find this in most any big box bookstore. Or just google search black pullet.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]