pete is a jesus freak?

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

pete is a jesus freak?

Post by droidspawn »

i don't normally post in the chapel but just read this

During a brand new interview with Invisible Oranges, MORBID ANGEL bassist/vocalist David Vincent was asked whether it was weird to perform the band's 1993 album, "Covenant", in its entirety on the group's current North American tour without MORBID ANGEL's longtime drummer Pete Sandoval.

"Nope. Not at all," Vincent replied. "Tim's [Yeung, MORBID ANGEL's current drummer] an excellent drummer. He handles the material very well. He was a big fan of the record when it came out, too. He's a couple years my junior, but it's cool. He feels the songs really well, and it's fun.

Regarding whether Sandoval is still a member of MORBID ANGEL, Vincent said: "Pete's no longer in MORBID ANGEL." He added: "His whole way of life has changed. He's in a different spot, and the spot that he's in right now, Pete Sandoval and MORBID ANGEL are not compatible."

Pressed to elaborate on this supposed "incompatibility" between Sandoval and MORBID ANGEL, Vincent offered: "Well, [Pete] has found Jesus. You can see where the incompatibility comes from."

During a chat with Brazil's Som Extremo in October 2011, Sandoval was asked for his opinion about MORBID ANGEL's "controversial" new CD, "Illud Divinum Insanus", which incorporates industrial and electronic elements into the band's traditional death metal sound. "No comment! I don't play on that album." He was then questioned about what he thought he would have done different on "Illud Divinum Insanus" had he played on the record. "More exreme deathgrind metal and less DJ, boring awful typical I care less industrial experimental same as everybody boring bull!" he said. "This is not what MORBID has been all about! ...Hmmmmmm, and I really care less...!"

Sandoval recently celebrated the 24th anniversary of TERRORIZER's classic album "World Downfall" by performing the LP in its entirety at several shows. He was joined at the gigs by Lee Harrison (MONSTROSITY) and Sam Molina.

Read more at <!-- m -->http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid ... 6KqE4m6.99<!-- m -->

or is :taint: full of shit :interessant:
zim
Zim(a)

Re: pete is a jesus freak?

Post by zim »

i think david is full of shit.

despite pete becoming religious, i assume trey would have enough respect towards him to not let it affect their work, otherwise, trey and david are real assholes.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

Maybe I'm confusing two separate issues, but didn't Pete use religion to help him overcome some personal issues (I thought it was substance abuse, but again this is coming from an "I seem to remember" perspective). This subject was brought up here about a year ago, albeit through an indirect source: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21255">viewto ... t=21255</a><!-- l -->.

At any rate, Pete's contributions to metal are much more important than his world outlook. At this point I'd make much more of an effort to see him blast Terrorizer material than I would to watch Trey fuck up all his leads and generally phone it in :pete:
scunt.
Metal God

Post by scunt. »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jorsh">
Omg Ali is so hot I want to fuck both nostrils, earholes, even his armpits and elbows. Basically I want to fuck him everywhere except his ass and mouth.

To jizzfinity and beyond
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hitoshura">
also when you exit an unsuccessful interview you should just leave them with: 'if you can't slam with the best, you'll just have to jam with the rest'
</blockquote>
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

Now he'll never be elected into public office :tear:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:lol:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

why pete, why :pete:
Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs
Metal God

Post by Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs »

:lol: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

scunt.
Metal God

Post by scunt. »

i think i broke the chapel
Omg Ali is so hot I want to fuck both nostrils, earholes, even his armpits and elbows. Basically I want to fuck him everywhere except his ass and mouth.

To jizzfinity and beyond
</blockquote>
also when you exit an unsuccessful interview you should just leave them with: 'if you can't slam with the best, you'll just have to jam with the rest'
</blockquote>
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Why did he sent you these?
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

"stroke me, for i wish to orgasm"...is that picture for real? That dick looks like it's been circumcised, and since Pete is Salvadorian, it's unlikely that he's cut unless he had it done later in life. (Or is he a Salvadorian Jew?)
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
scunt.
Metal God

Post by scunt. »

i found these on another message board

To jizzfinity and beyond
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

Rob Halford's?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

SMN
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

that board is full of retards
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

and Pete's dick, apparently
;,,;
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

what the hell is happening?

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

blood is flowing to his cock and making it erect
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

:jizz:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Verbal"]blood is flowing to his cock and making it erect[/quote]

med school certainly worked out well for you
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Wait, Shredlord, how close were you examining this?
;,,;
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="Abzu"]Wait, Shredlord, how close were you examining this?[/quote]

Well, I didn't have a magnifying glass or anything...what's your point?
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

This is sorta old news, Pete's been posting bible verses on his fb page for over a year now.

At any rate, Vincent really needs to disappear, I have a feeling he played a big part in pete not being involved any longer. Trey needs to re-grow a pair and boot this pompous ass.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

my assumption is that it won't happen. morbid angel is probably a source of some income for the remaining members and david being in the band is probably a big part of that. all of us here at mabb may hate david but i'm sure there are a ton of fans who like david being back in the band as he is the original vocalist on some of their most influential/popular albums. they can afford to lose pete because hey, who pays that much attention to the drummer anyway. tim yeung probably brings his own fan base to morbid angel which brings more income, plus he's a young, healthy drummer that can probably play anything they throw at him without a problem.

i actually have no idea why they don't want pete in the band and why they didn't welcome him back after his surgery. there something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. not letting pete in the band because of his religious beliefs doesn't sound legit to me but i guess i could see it happening. when pete expressed his dislike of illud, i think it shows that he wasn't involved in the creative process which probably means the material was written without him (after he left for surgery)?

also - i think it's safe to assume that all the material written for illud was done in a short amount of time. if this assumption is correct, then we can probably also assume that trey didn't write anything for something like 7-8 years. this paints a clear picture of trey losing interest in composing metal music.

i can't imagine that morbid angel generates enough income to live on so i'm almost curious as to why they even bothered with all that reunion touring - i guess they could have done it for pleasure? surely trey, pete, and david have real jobs, i would hope that they aren't living on the small scratch they earn from festivals/small venue tours.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

i wish trey would either boot that jackass, find a new dude, and get his shit together, or can the whole thing and pull a Carcass in 10 or so years with Tucker or a new hard-on bearer.

Whatever bullshit they're doing is not working, and people outside of south america aren't gonna support it a whole lot longer.

TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

I'd be more interested in Trey just fucking off and doing whatever for awhile, than to have Vincent and the Morbid Angel's putzing around.

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="zim"]my assumption is that it won't happen. morbid angel is probably a source of some income for the remaining members and david being in the band is probably a big part of that. all of us here at mabb may hate david but i'm sure there are a ton of fans who like david being back in the band as he is the original vocalist on some of their most influential/popular albums. they can afford to lose pete because hey, who pays that much attention to the drummer anyway. tim yeung probably brings his own fan base to morbid angel which brings more income, plus he's a young, healthy drummer that can probably play anything they throw at him without a problem.

i actually have no idea why they don't want pete in the band and why they didn't welcome him back after his surgery. there something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. not letting pete in the band because of his religious beliefs doesn't sound legit to me but i guess i could see it happening. when pete expressed his dislike of illud, i think it shows that he wasn't involved in the creative process which probably means the material was written without him (after he left for surgery)?

also - i think it's safe to assume that all the material written for illud was done in a short amount of time. if this assumption is correct, then we can probably also assume that trey didn't write anything for something like 7-8 years. this paints a clear picture of trey losing interest in composing metal music.

i can't imagine that morbid angel generates enough income to live on so i'm almost curious as to why they even bothered with all that reunion touring - i guess they could have done it for pleasure? surely trey, pete, and david have real jobs, i would hope that they aren't living on the small scratch they earn from festivals/small venue tours.[/quote]

Mid-life crisis maybe? Trying to avoid the painful realization that it will never support them financially?
;,,;
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

i can't imagine that morbid angel generates enough income to live on so i'm almost curious as to why they even bothered with all that reunion touring - i guess they could have done it for pleasure? surely trey, pete, and david have real jobs, i would hope that they aren't living on the small scratch they earn from festivals/small venue tours.

I'm pretty sure the reunion touring (or really any touring) along with the merchandize they move while doing it is the only way they make any money. Based on Pete's myspace page he was a handy man for a while, and at one point taint made some vague references to shit like real estate deals he was doing for a while. No idea about Trey.

I don't know how use of the name Morbid Angel works within the band. Like if Trey wanted to go off on his own to create whatever type of music he has in mind, but still wanted to do it under the name Morbid Angel, I wonder if he has to get permission from past members or worry about paying them money to use the name.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Paste Human"]I don't know how use of the name Morbid Angel works within the band. Like if Trey wanted to go off on his own to create whatever type of music he has in mind, but still wanted to do it under the name Morbid Angel, I wonder if he has to get permission from past members or worry about paying them money to use the name.[/quote]

i don't think they would have to get permission from any previous band members - i think contractual obligations with past members probably only deal with royalties, use of their personal name, etc. if trey is smart, he owns the name morbid angel (like axl rose owning gnr). trey could probably turn MA into a dubstep outlet if he wanted, it would be a dumb move, but it's a possibility.

the majority (if not all) of illud probably should have been released as a side project by trey and david. it would have taken more work to get that product moving though, releasing it under the MA brand was the fastest way for them to get a product on the market. trey's interest in electronic music is most likely stronger than his interest in metal and we hear that result on illud. the cool thing about morbid angel is that they constantly changed their sound. but this time is different, it's uninspired, uninteresting, and generic to those who were interested. they aren't pushing the boundaries of the genre, they aren't breaking the genre, they aren't even in the genre. also, i'm really curious about why they don't play most of the songs on illud live. i think that is also saying something by itself.

what doesn't make sense to me is that IF morbid angel is their primary source of income, why create an album like illud? surely they know the fan base and what they(we) like. it seems like an incredibly stupid business move to me.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Doesn't David work for Dean when they aren't touring? Something about him getting Trey work there as well?
;,,;
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]what the hell is happening?[/quote]

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Verbal"]blood is flowing to his cock and making it erect[/quote]

med school certainly worked out well for you[/quote]

:gaylol::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

This 'Pete finding jesus is incompatible with Morbid Angel so that's why he is no longer in the band' suggestion line is just half of the story. Pete indeed said somewhere that he as a newborn christian is against the blasphemic nature of Morbid Angel while Terrorizer is political so that's ok for him.

The initial reason though, is that Pete is fed up with Morbid Angel because they fucked him over on the money made by his tribute shirts sold on tour! He got a lot less than he should, therefore his sister had to pay for the majority of the expenses coming from his back surgery & recovery.

I got the impression also that David Vincent worked for Dean but I can't recall from where that came? :huh:

It's ironic that David Vincent is always in saleman pitch mode during interviews while Illud is indeed a very stupid move business wise. Alienating the fanbase and a too lame effort to attract new fans.