When vincent left MA

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
bob_here
God of Emptiness

When vincent left MA

Post by bob_here »

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWpcL5rLpcw<!-- m -->

sort of interesting to see and hear the moment he announced it
Mutilator
Ancient One

Re: When vincent left MA

Post by Mutilator »

Thanks for posting, missed that back then.

A lot of people would like to see a 2013 version of this announcement, but that would probably end the band.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Mutilator"]A lot of people would like to see a 2013 version of this announcement, but that would probably end the band.[/quote]

:redneck:

i wonder if trey had any specific ideas for a vocalist at the time. also, does anyone know how ma came into contact with tucker?
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Mutilator"]Thanks for posting, missed that back then.

A lot of people would like to see a 2013 version of this announcement, but that would probably end the band.[/quote]

:taint: lol

Zim if I recall, him and Jared Anderson were in a band together. So Erik knowing Jared, and him knowing tucker most likely

got them all hooked up.

I remembered when FFF came out, I was sitting in the Tower records parking lot opening the shrink wrap of the cd, popped it in,

and when I heard the vocals, and even though I actually really liked Domination vocals (especially that era during the live shows),

I was really satisfied and excited with Tucker's vocals. I think I just loved that sense of urgency, rawness, and fatigue driving phrasing

too. For me FFF vocals always conjures up some evil mummy with a half decimated, sand-blown face growling :rahh:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I'm confused, who was in a band with Tucker? Trey or Erik?
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Jared
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I remember the first time I heard Formulas. Goddamn it brought MA to a new level for me. My inspirations for guitar were drying up at that point and Formulas just fucking injected madness and inspiration right in.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

The thing just opens up with whirling chaos: that flanger haze over the guitar that Trey likes to do occasionally.

The section after the verses in Rapture, another example. Blasphemy, during and after the first solo.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

yessss

That album's guitar work not only had monstrous riffs but wondrous textures and layers. Tucker's voice really complimented that. The album has such fantastic fucking atmosphere.
;,,;