No news at all

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Ninny
Metal God

No news at all

Post by Ninny »

Not since that Covenant tour. Maybe they are writing new songs :xx: It's true that no MA album is a like any other. So the possible next one won't have that trance nonsense. If they keep David in check, it might just work out right :xx:
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Re: No news at all

Post by Mesarthim »

let's hope. the last one got such a bad fan reception - hopefully that was a wake up call for the band.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

The MA Facebook page is promoting that tabliture book that was posted here :mmno:
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

[quote name="Ninny"]It's true that no MA album is a like any other. So the possible next one won't have that trance nonsense. If they keep David in check, it might just work out right :xx:[/quote]

This is the only reason I'm still interested in Morbid Angel as an active band. There's also always the chance that MA will dissolve and Trey will release his own stuff, which would at least be worth hearing.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

the question is, can morbid angel become relevant artistically

and, based on the events of the past six or seven years, the answer seems to be: they are not interested in artistic endeavors
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I think Trey set out to do something bold and had an idea, but he couldn't figure out how to do it and got pressured into releasing whatever it was he had on hand prematurely. Then David Vincent contributed.

Not to let either of them off the hook, because it was a terrible album, and after the experience Trey had with Domination you'd think he would have learned his lesson (assuming he was not a huge contributing factor in I being terrible).

At any rate I look forward to at least giving a chance to whatever Trey comes up with next. I just hope David Vincent is not involved.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

well but even though I was terrible their whole approach to marketing it was a big pile of shit that they shit right into the fans' laps. their attitude was that of a totalitarian government. "no, there isn't really any dissent, we are happy with the product and everyone we've talked to really digs it, people are starting to appreciate how brilliant it is." that is a bullshit attitude and defiant in that it adheres to a corporate "no negatives" strategy. :fuckoff: to that

meanwhile they have never played more than three songs from I at one show and not more than four songs from the entire album period and of those, nevermore is a song they have been playing since 2008. you can always tell when a band has zero confidence or interest in its new material by looking at the setlists
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

To me Trey's near complete silence on the album is a glimmer of hope, since he apparently never acknowledged what was released. The optimist in me wants to believe that he was unsatisfied and will move on (remember how after D we got F?).

I do think he was a coward for releasing two half-baked ideas as a matter of convenience, but I'm hoping he goes on to do better things, because he has a long track record of being a brilliant musician, which still excites me.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

i applaud your optimism but i do not share it
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I'm not holding my breath on anything. I just know that he's capable of producing amazing music, and he apparently did not make any commitments to the content of their last release. Because of that I'm still interested in what Trey is up to.
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

[quote name="Paste Human"]To me Trey's near complete silence on the album is a glimmer of hope, since he apparently never acknowledged what was released. The optimist in me wants to believe that he was unsatisfied and will move on (remember how after D we got F?).

I do think he was a coward for releasing two half-baked ideas as a matter of convenience, but I'm hoping he goes on to do better things, because he has a long track record of being a brilliant musician, which still excites me.[/quote]

Come on, do you really believe Trey didn't have any ideas regarding what they were releasing? Don't fool yourself dude. The hard-on bearer left the "swamp"/"lava" eras to their demise. I pray they don't release another steaming turd of shit and let their legacy unaffected.
Wide open 'til you see God, then BRAKE!

Kevin Schwantz #34 - Team Suzuki Lucky Strike
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

The electronic stuff was Trey's idea. SoM hared it when it got to them. Daid wants more metal on the next album. Trey isn't really interested in that.

The band might as well just stop at this point.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

who fucking cares this band sucks
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

[quote name="Abzu"]Daid wants more metal on the next album.[/quote]

Is this true ?
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

i'm sure it's true of daid, who the fuck knows what david wants though
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

I didn't want to look rude and correct it :redneck:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

What the fuck happened to my typing in that post?!
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

[quote name="H4T3M4CH1N3"]
[quote name="Paste Human"]To me Trey's near complete silence on the album is a glimmer of hope, since he apparently never acknowledged what was released. The optimist in me wants to believe that he was unsatisfied and will move on (remember how after D we got F?).

I do think he was a coward for releasing two half-baked ideas as a matter of convenience, but I'm hoping he goes on to do better things, because he has a long track record of being a brilliant musician, which still excites me.[/quote]

Come on, do you really believe Trey didn't have any ideas regarding what they were releasing? Don't fool yourself dude. The hard-on bearer left the "swamp"/"lava" eras to their demise. I pray they don't release another steaming turd of shit and let their legacy unaffected.[/quote]

The only new ideas that were clearly his seemed pretty incomplete. I don't know what to make of that, along with going years without a release and suddenly not having any time to wait for Pete to recover before the next one (he sounds great in recent Terrorizer live vids, by the way). I'm sure it was complicated.

The point I'm making is that Trey has a long track record of awesome ideas. I'm always open to giving them a listen. Nothing about David Vincent has ever really impressed me, so I'm hoping whatever creative input he has from here on out is as limited as it can be. But I am aware that the band's days of releasing even somewhat cool albums is almost certainly done.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

I still find it very funny people blame mostly Vincent for 'I". Sure Radicult and I am Morbid are :oldryan:

But Trey is the one who wanted the techno thing on there. His fondness of that genre was obvious since all those post of him years ago about "are metal fans openminded...".

Well, a lot of us are.. but that does not mean we like a metalband not doing what they are good at and delivering another genre which they are bad at.. And the Riffdaddy only delivering a handfull of DM songs and allowing two mediocre DM tracks on there are also testament to that. He is interested in other things.

David does want more metal in MA. It is a public secret that there have been several heated discussions among them. TBH i truly believe that without David in the band there wouldn't be much happening at all.

As for contributing stuff to MA i think Vincent added a lot as to how big they have become in the old days. His creative input from Altars to Covenant (arrangements, lyrics & art direction) complimented Trey perfectly and his business insight made MA larger than Trey could ever have done alone.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Uni returns with some truth. :xx:

sup, duder? :santa:
;,,;
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

trey is to blame, no one says differently. evil taint is the spokesman for the band and is arrogant to boot, so he takes most of the blame

:santa:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="ein dusto"]trey is to blame, no one says differently. evil taint is the spokesman for the band and is arrogant to boot, so he takes most of the blame

:santa:[/quote]

Evil Meh's ridiculousness may have a hand in that as well.
;,,;
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

the only thing that will halt this idiocy is a fucking great album
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

That's the truth right there.
;,,;
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

:idea:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Someone should let them know that if they really want to keep doing the unexpected, a really good album would be about the most unexpected thing from them at this point.
;,,;
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

get a pizza and put the message inside
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

inside the nearest hand towel
;,,;
beandorkio
God of Emptiness

Post by beandorkio »

If someone took a hatchet to Trey's internet connection the next bastard fucking album would be out already fuckin
[quote name="it the dusto"]Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks[/quote]

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

do you think he is still jamming quake 3 on the dreamcast
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

No news at all? So nobody is aware that their about to headline the Summer slaughter tour?

<!-- m -->http://www.metalinjection.net/tour-date ... p-revealed<!-- m -->

Magnificent line up btw, I wish this would also come to Europe.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

By 'is aware' do you mean 'cares'?
;,,;
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

[quote name="Mutilator"]No news at all? So nobody is aware that their about to headline the Summer slaughter tour?

<!-- m -->http://www.metalinjection.net/tour-date ... p-revealed<!-- m -->

Magnificent line up btw, I wish this would also come to Europe.[/quote]

I noticed this a few days ago. I'm leaning toward checking it out since they'll be in my town on a weekend and the venue they're playing at looks pretty cool. Plus I haven't seen Morbid Angel live in over five years. That's long enough that I'm actually eager to see some of their classic material in person again.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

they still put on a good show.

i wish i could have seen pete with them when i saw them tho
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I think the absence of Pete is what convinced me to pass over seeing them the last time they came through. I've only ever seen them live when he was in the band. It always seemed like he was physically putting in 100% just get through the set, and I think that really added something to the show as a whole.

I have nothing against the newer generation of blast beat drummers who make it look pretty effortless, but they have nothing on Pete's style imo.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i agree. while tim is a proficient drummer, there's nothing like seeing one of the original innovators of death metal drumming
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

They are doing a euro Covenant tour the end of the year.
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:xx:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

December 13th Eindhoven metal meeting.. Only one dutch gig.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Uni"]December 13th Eindhoven metal meeting.. Only one dutch gig.[/quote]

Then that's where I'll be :jugcheers: