Australian Tour, US show + info

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
vO)))id
Metal God

Australian Tour, US show + info

Post by vO)))id »

AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND:

2009/05/30 - Transmission Room, Auckland

2009/06/01 - Billboards Club, melbz

2009/06/03 - Capitol, Perth

2009/06/05 - The Metro, Sydney

2009/06/08 - The HiFi Brisbane, Brisbane -

!(changed from June 7th/Arena/Brisbane)!

World Management would like to announce that

Morbid Angel have added a date in Los Angeles

at the Key Club on May 26, 2009

on the way to their Australian Tour.

Tickets are now on sale at <!-- m -->http://www.TicketMaster.com<!-- m -->

as well as on <!-- m -->http://www.EnterTheVault.com<!-- m -->

and, of course, the venue.

This is the band’s first appearance in the USA

sine 2006 and is at present the only show

planed thus far in 2009 for the USA.

The band continue to work on the new album

slated for a possible late 2009 release.
User
Metal God

Re: Australian Tour, US show + info

Post by User »

i thought the melbz gig was on the 2nd of june :huh:
more metal
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

this comes straight from <!-- w -->www.morbidangel.com<!-- w -->
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

I really don't see why they don't play at their hometown of Tampa. I would be there in a heartbeat.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

they fucking changed it
more metal
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

I'm ready for Sydney & Brisbane! :beer:
Goddess of Chaos
Neophyte

Post by Goddess of Chaos »

+
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Goddess of Chaos"]
[quote name="Aaron himself"]I really don't see why they don't play at their hometown of Tampa. I would be there in a heartbeat.[/quote]

I'm trying REALLY hard to get them to play a local show. I'll keep at it but everyone should as well. Put it in their MySpace comments like I do...LOL...I'll try anything, being the Goddess of Chaos. Besides, I've never, ever seen Trey play a guitar live in person. EVER. It's just NOT FAIR!![/quote]

Strange, you are so very close to the Azagthoth family yet you haven't seen Trey perform live with MA yet and you are still new to their music. :huh:

That's a pity I must say. Most of the time they're great live!
Goddess of Chaos
Neophyte

:bang: :bang:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I see.

Yes Mama Azagthoth is one cool person :idea:
Goddess of Chaos
Neophyte

-
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i remember she used to post on the old sailor scouts board from time to time, i didn't know she's been coming here though :bulb:
Goddess of Chaos
Neophyte

[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]i remember she used to post on the old sailor scouts board from time to time, i didn't know she's been coming here though :bulb:[/quote]

I begged so maybe she'll come here. MAMA!! Be here!
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i just realised it is a week and a half until i see MA :mmno:

it doesn't feel right, i don't see MA, it is not what happens.

:xx: THIS IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AWESOME :xx:
more metal
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Luke"]i just realised it is a week and a half until i see MA :mmno:

:xx: THIS IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AWESOME :xx:[/quote]

:jizz: :jizz: :jizz: :jizz: :jizz: :jizz: :jizz: :jizz: :jizz:

PICS! Promote the MABB! :)
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

[quote name="Luke"]i just realised it is a week and a half until i see MA :mmno:

:xx: THIS IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AWESOME :xx:[/quote]

Bit longer for me but I am R E A D Y ! ! :rshot:
beandorkio
God of Emptiness

Post by beandorkio »

HOW WAS IT?!?!
[quote name="it the dusto"]Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks[/quote]

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
latem
Mature Neophyte

Post by latem »

i thought they were unbelievable-soundwise,performance,song selection.i havent seen a line like the one at the merch stand either that lasted for well over an hour!they had shirts that said on the back"extreme music for extreme aussies"! :lol: normally i have a few or more beers at a gig but i drove to this so i could actually remember it!wise choice.as usual there were a couple dickheads in the mosh pit ,looking at you -hard-on bearer with the 5foot long dreads. :kiss: the music before M.A. came on was techno stuff that trey is into now,which started to piss off the crowd who wanted :bang: metal :bang: next time i hope they dont wait solong to come back,after the new album hopefully :idea:
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

i hope to get a fucking :xx: shirt tonight! just hope they don't only have lame Vadim art shirts!!

i wonder who the support is too?
User
Metal God

Post by User »

okay, finally i get to make this post. the MA show was the day before i flew to laos, and i had my last exam that same day too. i handed in my last three essays on the way to the airport ... there were also lady dramas for the preceding three weeks, so the point is that it was a fucking busy period that culminated in a cache of awesome; MA and then laos.

this was the first gig i had been to since 2007. i THINK the last gig i went to was actually beany's berzerker show, but it might have been cannibal corpse or satyricon, i can't remember the order. the point is that it had been a long time and i had passed over a lot of gigs in the meantime, of bands that i really like; immortal, amon amarth, dying fetus, necrophagist, the haunted and carcass to name a few. so i was pretty excited already to be going to a gig, let alone it being MORBID FUCKING ANGEL. seeing MA means i have seen two of my top three bands live, an accomplishment i never ever thought i would achieve. i considered myself very lucky to see MA and have no illusions that it might not happen again.

the support bands were shit and i can't remember their names. in the interim between their set and MA's, i could see dave and zyklon-hard-on bearer through the second-floor gay man&#39;s telescope surveying the crowd. it was very cool as nobody seemed to have noticed them yet, even though they were only a few metres away if you tilted your head up. it may seem fanboyish and exceedingly gay but i was pretty pumped just seeing the band in the flesh behind a gay man&#39;s telescope. pete walked past skulling a bottle of whiskey. it was amusing. anyway, then the hardcore trance started.

and when the trance started, trey came into view. he did not survey the crowd. he jumped up and down and looked like he was yelling. it was fucking hilarious. he was literally pumping himself up for the show by listening to this crazy electronic music. for a sample, imagine some hard-on bearer yelling 'HARD SHIT HARD SHIT THIS SOME HARD SHIT HARD SHIT LISTENIN TO SOME HARD SHIT HARD SHIT' over and over and over again for fifteen minutes with a repetitive electronic beat in the background. then picture trey jumping up and down like a sexy leopard elevator with clenched fists and an open mouth. it was fucking hilarious. the band soon disappeared though, and the music kept going. as other people have said it was interesting watching the metal crowd react to the electronica. some people were clearly pissed off, others were getting into it and jumping around. glosticks would not have gone unused. it was a fantastic moment, seeing the metal crowd - a staple sight, black shirts, low growls, beers and the serious-but-not-serious fruital handshakes, to a dance soundtrack. it put me in the mood for MA.

when they came on and started into rapture i got the shivers and all that. they played the same set that other aussies have posted. vincent is a supreme showman but his antics were pretty ridiculous sometimes. i understand how MA made it big in their early years on the live scene. i was of course disappointed by his fairly lame 'gimme an oi!' type shit ruining every few songs, but you gotta go with the flow. there were about 1000 people there, pretty sure it was a sell out show. trey was brilliant, he was visibly pissed off when a string broke, but made up for it with the lava. i don't know what i was expecting, but they played pretty flawlessly, i had a brilliant time, and i haven't had such a sore neck or deaf ears for a loooong time.

something unfortunate about the whole experience is that i think i may have g00med from the live experience. i found it hard to absorb the metalness for what it was, like i used to when i was younger, and i definitely had an aloof attitude to the way people acted there. the music and show was incredible, but it was competing with the lack of space, expensive drinks, sweaty people and boring conversation. something has changed.
more metal
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

it happens sir.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

Cool personal review, thanks
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

nice one Luke.

and "i was of course disappointed by his fairly lame 'gimme an oi!' type shit ruining every few songs, but you gotta go with the flow" - totally agree, i found it lame, but you just go with it coz it's MA :beer:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

sounds awesome luke, davids stage persona has just gone through the roof
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Godsdefeat"]Cool personal review, thanks[/quote]