TREY on video, playing "Get That Money" (Morbid Angel Aftershow Party)

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Arise212
Neophyte

TREY on video, playing "Get That Money" (Morbid Angel Aftershow Party)

Post by Arise212 »

You guys will probably find this entertaining.
During their last U.S tour, (Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Revocation, Withered)
The band members played a game called "Get That Money"
It appears to involve putting cash on a plate with some gross shit and seeing what homeless people did with it.
A fan followed Trey around outside the L.A gig (in June) filming him playing the game

https://youtu.be/lXlhHTxIBFw

UPDATE: The dude who uploaded the video to youtube ended up removing it

Luckily, it's up on another site
TamPron
Metal God

Re: TREY on video, playing "Get That Money" (Morbid Angel Aftershow Party)

Post by TamPron »

I went rat fishing with Trey in Arkansas..it was a good time.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

What the fuck.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Am i wrong in finding this quite disrespectfull? Or am i missing something here?
Arise212
Neophyte

Post by Arise212 »

Uni777 wrote:Am i wrong in finding this quite disrespectfull? Or am i missing something here?

How is it disrespectful? Did you even watch the video?

Watch the end of it, Trey told him to post it to youtube, and name it Morbid Angel "Aftershow Party," he also told him that it was a game called gettin that money. It was Trey who suggested that he post it online
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

....putting cash on a plate with some gross shit and seeing what homeless people did with it....

This just makes me sad, but that might just be me.
Arise212
Neophyte

Post by Arise212 »

Uni777 wrote:....putting cash on a plate with some gross shit and seeing what homeless people did with it....

This just makes me sad, but that might just be me.
Well, to me it just looked really disgusting what they had on the plate by the time they finally set it down on the sidewalk for the homeless dude. They could have just left the money there, but I don't know, at least they gave him money
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

That's what i mean. I see absolutly no fun in this.
Especially with all the talk about spirituality and Karma etc. in the past. To me this is just abuse coated in a very untasteful game.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

Dude's warped his brain on psychedelics, I doubt he meant it in a degrading or mean way, just some goofy off the cuff idea he came up with.
Arise212
Neophyte

Post by Arise212 »

TamPron wrote:Dude's warped his brain on psychedelics, I doubt he meant it in a degrading or mean way, just some goofy off the cuff idea he came up with.
Apparently all the bands on the tour were involved in the game, I think this was just Trey's turn to do it, I don't know if he's the one who originally came up with it, it could have been the idea of one of the guys in Suffocation
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

This is just weird in all honesty.

It reminded me of the old Bum Fights videos. Pretty sad although the second plate got a smirk reaction, because I'm a terrible person and all.
Uni777 wrote: Especially with all the talk about spirituality and Karma etc. in the past. To me this is just abuse coated in a very untasteful game.
This is pretty spot on. At the end of the day some homeless people also got some money and food so I'm pretty 50/50 on it all.

Looking forward to this thread reaching 5 pages and seeing the general internet outrage, particularly if Mike Browning comments on it haha.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

Arise212 wrote:
TamPron wrote:Dude's warped his brain on psychedelics, I doubt he meant it in a degrading or mean way, just some goofy off the cuff idea he came up with.
Apparently all the bands on the tour were involved in the game, I think this was just Trey's turn to do it, I don't know if he's the one who originally came up with it, it could have been the idea of one of the guys in Suffocation
It was his idea. While rat fishing in arkansas, the idea popped into his head about doing the same thing, but with money on the fishing line.
Arise212
Neophyte

Post by Arise212 »

Olden Polynice wrote:This is just weird in all honesty.

It reminded me of the old Bum Fights videos. Pretty sad although the second plate got a smirk reaction, because I'm a terrible person and all.
Uni777 wrote: Especially with all the talk about spirituality and Karma etc. in the past. To me this is just abuse coated in a very untasteful game.
This is pretty spot on. At the end of the day some homeless people also got some money and food so I'm pretty 50/50 on it all.

Looking forward to this thread reaching 5 pages and seeing the general internet outrage, particularly if Mike Browning comments on it haha.

lol, someone should send it to Mike Browning's facebook
Arise212
Neophyte

Post by Arise212 »

TamPron wrote:
Arise212 wrote:
It was his idea. While rat fishing in arkansas, the idea popped into his head about doing the same thing, but with money on the fishing line.

The video was filmed LITERALLY the night after I just saw them in San Fransico. I was thinking of going out to the tour bus to see if I could meet Trey again, but I was so tired after the show, now I wish I did, because he might have been playing it that night too. (I met him breifly in 2013 on the Covenant anniversary tour)
Vooder
Mature Neophyte

Post by Vooder »

Not funny Trey, not funny at all! -_-
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

While rat fishing in arkansas.
:huh: Is this fishing for rats or using rats as bait?
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

For rats
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I'm with uni on this. It's childish bullshit.

Then again I can see that Trey visibly got old and kinda lost his marbles I guess... whatever.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

That would be bad enough if he were 15, but isn't he 50 or older now?
Arise212
Neophyte

Post by Arise212 »

I don't get why people are getting so offended at what Trey did, I personally thought this video was kind of funny.

Especially the part where he had the first plate with the 4 dollars covered in crackers, honey and some other nasty shit, he was posing with fans taking a picture with it, and a
homeless person inquired about what he had in his hand before he hid it on the ground, he was like "NO MAN DON'T LOOK AT THIS" and tried to get away from him saying "DON"T LET HIM BEAT ME UP!!" lol

I think Trey was just bored waiting for the bus to load up and take them to the next town so he was being goofy, the rat fishing that TamPron brought up, sounds funny too.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

We all have different kinds of humor. :santa:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

this is a bad
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Yeah, if you try to defend this, you are a fuckface. Crackers and poop on some money? No different from the cunt that gave a homeless person a literal shit sandwich. You end up in jail for this kind of shit. Nice job commenting the place and date and all the people involved, should anyone try to press charges for it.

Shame on him for humiliating and intentionally poisoning the homeless.

Lost all respect, couldn't even watch the rest of the video. I don't think any amount of past drug use makes this acceptable behavior.

And now here's something to reflect on:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Well, perhaps I jumped the gun. Is that actually p.oop on the plate? There's no mention in the video.
Arise212
Neophyte

Post by Arise212 »

Lavabug wrote:Well, perhaps I jumped the gun. Is that actually p.oop on the plate? There's no mention in the video.
It looked to me like little pieces of sh**, at one point I heard him say they were cocopuffs, idk. If you watch later in the video they put a second plate down and it was far more disgusting, bits of fish ketchup, mayo, and crushed pop tarts, it looked like vomit, mixed with money. They filmed a homeless man trying to get the money out of it, and Trey was laughing about it. I don't think Trey was trying to be cruel it was just all a joke and the man still got some money, there is even a part where he sits down with one of the homeless guys listening to him do a rap song
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I did watch a bit more and saw that second plate, it seemed to be all just junk food and nothing potentially hazardous like shit.

But even if everything they laid down was safe to eat, this is still literally baiting the poor for entertainment. The world has more than enough mockery and violence towards the indigent. Let's not try to sanitize it by saying "but hey he got $5".
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

My point exactly.

I cannot imagine what somebody has to go through to end up this way. There is no justification for this.
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

This reminds me of those crazy dreams where you finally meet someone you wished to meet for a long time and the dream goes off in funny ways where the person is nothing like you thought they were.

I watched it. A little bit distasteful but nothing excessive.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

yeah i don't really care one bit about whether or not we think this was done with malicious intent, that doesn't make it any less cruel or demeaning to people whose lives are already abject fucking misery. this is beyond shitty.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Who goes a fuck the important thing is this album is great and MA are back. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather read about its production!
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

jorsh wrote:Who goes a fuck the important thing is this album is great and MA are back. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather read about its production!
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

you could even go post about it in the thread devoted to that purpose, if you so chose

:bulb:
-M-
Ancient One

Post by -M- »

Making fun of poor and homeless people is not fun at all. It's disrespectful and disgusting.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

I never watched the video and don't intend to. I see enough horrible shit with bag of diarrhea inside another, bigger bag of diarrhea and conservatives on a daily basis as it is
forcedharmonics
Neophyte

Post by forcedharmonics »

jorsh wrote:I never watched the video and don't intend to. I see enough horrible shit with (jorsh's preferred insult here) and conservatives on a daily basis as it is
OMG Trey Azagthoth trolling the homeless... hahaha this is epic, and funny. Watch it! Don't get so easily offended ;)
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

But its really not that funny
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

I can't say I'm offended by it. Just kind of saddened really.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

It's not funny, it's definitely not "epic" but it's lame. I'm not personally offended but it's just sad.
Go have a conversation with someone or whatever... there's plenty of nice stuff to do besides this shit.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

forcedharmonics wrote:
jorsh wrote:I never watched the video and don't intend to. I see enough horrible shit with (jorsh's preferred insult here) and conservatives on a daily basis as it is
OMG Trey Azagthoth trolling the homeless... hahaha this is epic, and funny. Watch it! Don't get so easily offended ;)
this is a bad take
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

This video disappoints me.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

At first I thought he was tripping his mind out again, but the video starts with him talking about 9-11? lol

He sounds quite washed up with many pauses in his sentences. The LSD effected him permanently.

That baitplate's got chocolate and honey. And later some sauces. Disrespectful but harmless childish 'fun' I guess. Touring must be really boring.

It's quite sad though, as they stole all the money, that came from selling Pete's shirt, meant for Pete's surgery, and now they're trolling homeless people with a few dollar bills.

It reminds me of some PSV soccerclub supporters in Rome, Italy, that were throwing coins at gypsy's if they would do push ups first and all that.

They're dicks and so is Trey here. And everybody around him is kissing his ass.

"I'd say this is every bit as funny as the actual concerts, it's the aftershow party" I wonder how much fun playing concerts it still is to him? I get the feeling it just became work to him.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Wackadoo
Ninny wrote:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Mutilator wrote:At first I thought he was tripping his mind out again, but the video starts with him talking about 9-11? lol

He sounds quite washed up with many pauses in his sentences. The LSD effected him permanently.

That baitplate's got chocolate and honey. And later some sauces. Disrespectful but harmless childish 'fun' I guess. Touring must be really boring.

It's quite sad though, as they stole all the money, that came from selling Pete's shirt, meant for Pete's surgery, and now they're trolling homeless people with a few dollar bills.

It reminds me of some PSV soccerclub supporters in Rome, Italy, that were throwing coins at gypsy's if they would do push ups first and all that.

They're dicks and so is Trey here. And everybody around him is kissing his ass.

"I'd say this is every bit as funny as the actual concerts, it's the aftershow party" I wonder how much fun playing concerts it still is to him? I get the feeling it just became work to him.
this was a big edit :redneck:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Yeah, I was posting while watching it.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Nick wrote:Wackadoo
flap-doodle
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

Mutilator wrote: It's quite sad though, as they stole all the money, that came from selling Pete's shirt, meant for Pete's surgery, and now they're trolling homeless people with a few dollar bills.
:huh: Elaborate, please. As near as I can tell, Trey and Pete are still on good terms.
forcedharmonics
Neophyte

Post by forcedharmonics »

Mutilator wrote:At first I thought he was tripping his mind out again, but the video starts with him talking about 9-11? lol

He definitely seems a bit mentally off in the video, either he is slightly drunk or on some kind of drug, or possibly just really tired.

There's a moment in the video where he had the first plate and was about to take a picture with some fans, then they relocated across the street, he seemed kind of out of it, then he clapped his hands together for a second and said "What are we doing???" umm, we're taking a picture Trey.

He also seems to believe the "official story" of 9eleven, which makes him a sheep, I thought he was smarter than that.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

TamPron wrote:
Mutilator wrote: It's quite sad though, as they stole all the money, that came from selling Pete's shirt, meant for Pete's surgery, and now they're trolling homeless people with a few dollar bills.
:huh: Elaborate, please. As near as I can tell, Trey and Pete are still on good terms.
Again on good terms indeed.

Pete's sister paid completely for his surgery.
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

forcedharmonics wrote:

He also seems to believe the "official story" of 9eleven, which makes him a sheep, I thought he was smarter than that.