Page 1 of 1

Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 31 Jan 2018, 21:00
by Abzu
April 20 at the Palladium

There's no way I'm missing it like their last Mass stop.

I'll buy you ein beer

:xx:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 31 Jan 2018, 21:05
by Nick
I thought there were some tour dates but its just a festival

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Feb 2018, 00:58
by Hitoshura
oh shit no way! i'll definitely be there, they haven't played the palladium in forever.

fuck yes :thingy::::::::::: it's on a friday too, this is beyond excellent news

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Feb 2018, 06:18
by Abzu
:xx::::;;;;

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Feb 2018, 07:03
by Hitoshura
somewhat of an excitement dampener, that is day one of metalfest :oldryan: which means it'll be pricey, but i'll still go because MA

i believe that will make it the first i've attended since 2005 :alien:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Feb 2018, 07:21
by Abzu
Hitoshura wrote:somewhat of an excitement dampener, that is day one of metalfest :oldryan: which means it'll be pricey, but i'll still go because MA

i believe that will make it the first i've attended since 2005 :alien:

The last time you were there, I was too? :redneck:

Yeah, I think a single day is $45. I'm going to shell it out though, because fuck I missed the last nearby MA gig and this is my first time seeing them with Tucker live.

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Feb 2018, 07:30
by Hitoshura
if that was the year king diamond and nile played then yes!

this will be my 900th time seeing tucker live and it will rule like all the others :xx::::::::::

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Feb 2018, 08:21
by morbid board eli
mabb mini-meetup :gay:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Feb 2018, 08:31
by Abzu
:xx::::;;;;;;

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Feb 2018, 08:32
by Abzu
I haven't seen Nile since I was in Philly in 2001 and they were touring with Cradle of Filth and God Forbid.

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Feb 2018, 08:44
by Nick
Last time I saw nile I'm pretty sure they were on tour with king diamond

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 02 Feb 2018, 22:47
by Abzu
What album was that in support of? I don't remember hearing about that.

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 02 Feb 2018, 23:25
by Nick
It was in 05 so it was between puppet master and give me your soul.

King diamond/nile/behemoth/black dahlia murder

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 02 Feb 2018, 23:27
by Rufus T. Firefly
2005 - King Diamond / Nile / The Black Dalia Murder / Behemoth. caught that tour twice.

Annihilation of the Wicked was the album.

the last time I saw Nile was 2007 on the Ithyphallic tour. I got in a fight with Nile's tour manager Pinky or whatever his name was. fucking foreskin fungus.

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 07 Feb 2018, 11:13
by Abzu
BSoV was the one I saw them on. .. so basically they will let me down this year :redneck:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 07 Feb 2018, 11:21
by Hitoshura
yeah, that whole package got rolled into metalfest that year. pretty sure that was the last time i saw nile, or at the very least the last time i was interested in seeing them.

here's some wild shit: if they were so inclined, they could do a nostalgia set for nephren-ka's 20th anniversary, which occurs the week after this show :dizzy:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 08 Feb 2018, 23:08
by Abzu
Hitoshura wrote:yeah, that whole package got rolled into metalfest that year. pretty sure that was the last time i saw nile, or at the very least the last time i was interested in seeing them.

here's some wild shit: if they were so inclined, they could do a nostalgia set for nephren-ka's 20th anniversary, which occurs the week after this show :dizzy:

That... would... make... my... year.

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 09 Feb 2018, 01:17
by Hitoshura
i'd love to see it happpen, but karl doesn't strike me as the kind of person willing to settle for doing a nostalgia tour

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 11:34
by Abzu
:shakefist:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 11:35
by Abzu
Soulfly is performing as Nailbomb up here in March with Today Is The Day opening. Fuck, Higher Ground in So.Burlington is actually booking interesting things now.

(I'm not a particularly big Soulfly fan, but Nailbomb was great.)

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 10 Feb 2018, 12:05
by Nick
Today is the motherfucking day :thingy:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 11 Feb 2018, 08:31
by Ninny
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:2005 - King Diamond / Nile / The Black Dalia Murder / Behemoth. caught that tour twice.

Annihilation of the Wicked was the album.

the last time I saw Nile was 2007 on the Ithyphallic tour. I got in a fight with Nile's tour manager Pinky or whatever his name was. fucking foreskin fungus.

If someone wants to videotape that fatty from Nile he should be honoured

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 11 Feb 2018, 20:47
by morbid board eli
only 10 weeks to go :gay:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 19 Feb 2018, 11:20
by Hitoshura
nine weeks, i've barely got time to plan my outfit :eek: fashion stormy is gonna take over the remodeled palladium and show all the local chuds how its done

mostly by showering and wearing deodorant that day, but maybe in other ways too

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 19 Feb 2018, 11:21
by Hitoshura
Ninny wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:2005 - King Diamond / Nile / The Black Dalia Murder / Behemoth. caught that tour twice.

Annihilation of the Wicked was the album.

the last time I saw Nile was 2007 on the Ithyphallic tour. I got in a fight with Nile's tour manager Pinky or whatever his name was. fucking foreskin fungus.

If someone wants to videotape that fatty from Nile he should be honoured


also, this is a severely underrated and extremely correct post

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 19 Feb 2018, 21:11
by Nick
Hitoshura wrote:nine weeks, i've barely got time to plan my outfit :eek: fashion stormy is gonna take over the remodeled palladium and show all the local chuds how its done

mostly by showering and wearing deodorant that day, but maybe in other ways too


A trip to the barber too I'd imagine

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 19 Feb 2018, 22:01
by Nick
Fashion stormy also sounds like a barbie :redneck:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 20 Feb 2018, 01:49
by Josh
Nick wrote:Fashion stormy also sounds like a barbie :redneck:


Comes with fast action Kung fu grip

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 22 Feb 2018, 09:12
by Abzu
Hitoshura wrote:nine weeks, i've barely got time to plan my outfit :eek: fashion stormy is gonna take over the remodeled palladium and show all the local chuds how its done

mostly by showering and wearing deodorant that day, but maybe in other ways too

ooo! I will shower and wear deodorant also! We can start a gang!

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 22 Feb 2018, 10:41
by Hitoshura
#hygienegang

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 23 Feb 2018, 02:47
by shadowalk
awesome lineup! :thingy: get drunked and post pics!

Image

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 23 Feb 2018, 02:49
by shadowalk
also it looks like dying fetus is using an old logo of theirs these days

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 23 Feb 2018, 03:01
by zim
shadowalk wrote:also it looks like dying fetus is using an old logo of theirs these days


:idea:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 07:08
by Hitoshura
hey abzu, if you didn't get your ticket already, friday passes are 20% off this weekend :bulb:

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1632364

i am working until 5 on friday but i will be back in worcester by 5:30ish. if you wanna figure out some sort of plan for food and/or beers before the show get at me in the ein private messages :greenie:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 01:20
by Abzu
Hitoshura wrote:hey abzu, if you didn't get your ticket already, friday passes are 20% off this weekend :bulb:

https://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/1632364

i am working until 5 on friday but i will be back in worcester by 5:30ish. if you wanna figure out some sort of plan for food and/or beers before the show get at me in the ein private messages :greenie:

daaaannnng I got my ticket almost immediately :redneck:

Doors open at 1pm, but I think MA is last in the lineup and I read somewhere they are letting people out and back in all day. I see multiple bands on the bill I don't mind walking away from to get some eats and a beer. :xx:

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 16 Apr 2018, 02:39
by iamgoat
Holy shit dawg

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 24 Apr 2018, 11:30
by Abzu
Stormy is a wicked fun duder, Karl Sanders is really friendly in person, and Morbid Angel fucking killed it Friday night.

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 30 Apr 2018, 08:18
by Paste Human
I saw MA last night. It was a last minute decision and I wasn't really in the mood to see a show, but since it was only a 15 minute bus ride to the venue I had a hard time passing it up.

I got there right when Origin started. I don't know if it was the venue - which is notorious for bad acoustics - or a bad mix, or maybe their music just doesn't translate well live, but I couldn't even make out any of the riffs. Nothing but double bass and shrieking. Although I was also standing way in the back and hadn't put earplugs in yet, so that might have been part of the issue too.

I was able to get right up to the front for Morbid Angel (probably only about 100 people there) and they sounded great. They were very tight and everything was audible. Trey looked much more focused on getting his parts right than I had seen him in live videos from the past few tours with David Vincent.

I'm glad I went but like I said I wasn't really in the mood for music when I went in and unfortunately remained in that mood all night. Good to see the band can still put on a good show. I'd probably see them again if they come to town on the next U.S. tour, but it would have to be a different set list. Also I think they lucked out with picking up the drummer they have, but I do definitely prefer Pete's style of playing live. Oh well.

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 31 May 2018, 16:33
by iamgoat
Abzu wrote:Stormy is a wicked fun duder, Karl Sanders is really friendly in person, and Morbid Angel fucking killed it Friday night.


:xx:

They really need to tour Europe goddammit.

Re: Hey Stormy :santa:

Posted: 01 Jun 2018, 20:09
by morbid board eli
Paste Human wrote:I'm glad I went but like I said I wasn't really in the mood for music when I went in and unfortunately remained in that mood all night.


judging by the clips i've seen this is the case with all the crowds on the current tour :redneck: :homework: