My review of Kingdoms

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Grudge
Metal God

My review of Kingdoms

Post by Grudge »

Whats up you shit sucking worthless pukes!

After months of listening to the album, I've formed some conclusions that I can share with you.

Overall Impressions

I understand the criticisms about the songs on this album sounding samey as far guitar tone and notes go, and the drums don't sound pleasant or natural in the mix. Those were my first impressions too. But...

I think that if you continue to listen to the album over time instead of hastily dismissing it, you will pick up on the uniqueness of each song. There are some songs that are really good in fact, and I actually heard traces of Altars of Madness on one. Steve did a fantastic job. I don't hear any noteworthy solos from Trey which is unfortunate. But you know what, Trey is at retirement age as as far metal is concerned, he's just not going to be a fountain of new ideas or energy. Nevertheless there are some very good songs that are not helped by the production but hey who knows they might sound a lot better live. I've had a great time with the album on my car stereo.

Best, most listenable song: Paradigms Warped is the best song on the album. It is the most repeat-listen worthy.

Other good songs: From the Hand of Kings sounds a lot like a song from Altars, like Maze of Torment, must be the drums. These are also great songs; the Pillars Crumbling, Architect and Iconoclast, From the Hands, For No Master, the Fall of Idols.

I would say that I got my money's worth.
Ninny
Metal God

Re: My review of Kingdoms

Post by Ninny »

:interessant: :::::
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

'I don't hear any noteworthy solos from Trey which is unfortunate'

What about 'The Pillars Crumbling' and 'The Fall of Idols'?
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i like it the K
more metal
GMDN

Post by GMDN »

My review: The album is shit, 1/10.
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

GMDN wrote:My review: The album is shit, 1/10.
My review of your review: Your mom is the most whoriest, skankiest bitch out there and you are mentally retarded.
Wide open 'til you see God, then BRAKE!

Kevin Schwantz #34 - Team Suzuki Lucky Strike