Formulas in the car

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
vO)))id
Metal God

Formulas in the car

Post by vO)))id »

Today I put the Formulas cd in my car after years of not listening to it (or any MA really) and I (re)noticed how raw the album actually sounds. It all sounds so real, up front and aggressive. Especially the opening song Heaving Earth. I always felt that song had a slightly different mix than the rest of the album, namely the vocals.

I'm glad I'm listening to this record again because it's a goddamn masterpiece. And I hear once more why I fell in love with this band back in 1998.

PS- lyrically I always thought the second song (Prayer of Hatred) was originally called Heaving Earth but somehow the titles got swapped.
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: Formulas in the car

Post by shadowalk »

Considering my driving habits, this is something that I really, really shouldn't do. :redneck:
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

shadowalk wrote:Considering my driving habits, this is something that I really, really shouldn't do. :redneck:
"Formulas Fatal to the Freeway."
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Also how the hell did Trey come up with all of this pseudo fake Sumerian? That's not just Lovecraft inspiration... that's some drug induced trance-like dream sequence. All thise translations, incantations... no wonder this album felt surreal and magical when I was 12 years old.
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Formulas :xx:
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Shredlord wrote:
shadowalk wrote:Considering my driving habits, this is something that I really, really shouldn't do. :redneck:
"Formulas Fatal to the Freeway."
:rocker:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

iamgoat wrote:Also how the hell did Trey come up with all of this pseudo fake Sumerian? That's not just Lovecraft inspiration... that's some drug induced trance-like dream sequence. All thise translations, incantations... no wonder this album felt surreal and magical when I was 12 years old.
drugs :shbp:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

morbid board eli wrote:
iamgoat wrote:Also how the hell did Trey come up with all of this pseudo fake Sumerian? That's not just Lovecraft inspiration... that's some drug induced trance-like dream sequence. All thise translations, incantations... no wonder this album felt surreal and magical when I was 12 years old.
drugs :shbp:
Fo sho
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

:llama:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people