how many more years do we have to wait

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Re: how many more years do we have to wait

Post by Verbal »

Same with the new Lykathea Aflame.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

it's only February but yeah, an update of some sort would be really nice
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Stop whining. They've been gigging for years now and you could've seen them somewhere.

They're in recording mode and the record deal is solid so everything's well.

They don't have time to inform the world while still making the album and that's perfectly understandable.
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

really, how many more years we have to wait for the quit of Iron Maiden???? :zzz:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

It's because they like shadowalk's greatest fear
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

captain twat. IV.
Ancient One

Post by captain twat. IV. »

My favourite band of all time,but I'm not getting my hopes up for this release.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="rocknrollcola"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]

They don't have time to inform the world while still making the album and that's perfectly understandable.[/quote]

they dont have time to inform the world?????? a paragraph long blog is too much to ask? are you retarded?

it would take 5 minutes to type. i didnt ask for them to tour, i wanted a new album?

if they dont need to inform anyone about whats going on, then why bother having a website? why bother doing interviews?

why bother hiring a publicist?[/quote]

They probably will when they hit the studio.

Before that, the creative process should be uninterfered as possible. If you know anything about being creative, you'd know it comes from within and to do that at best, you should know to lock the outside as far away as possible, meaning also communication.

bottom line: Trey is in his lava state of mind. Be patient, it'll will come. In the meantime, live a life.
Uros

Post by Uros »

I think that band's view on this issue is well known. Trey have said it on a few occasions that, if it's up to him, they wouldn't let the world know any info about upcoming MA album until the very last moment, so the impact would be as big as possible. So I think it's clear why there are no studio updates or anything, unlike say Behemoth.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

don't you think there would be a bigger impact if there were at least a few updates here and there? i mean after so long people start to forget/care
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Uros

Post by Uros »

[quote name="zim"]don't you think there would be a bigger impact if there were at least a few updates here and there? i mean after so long people start to forget/care[/quote]

no, ofc there wouldn't be a bigger impact. the best example - behemoth. their numerous studio updates at first glance gave them (wanted) public attention, but in the end just accented their not so great album. The way Trey want is much better, because all those expectations are being kept to a minimum. Imo, if people forget (it's not realistic, but anyway), as you say, it's good! Because, when the album get released (and hopefully material on it is great) the-blown-away factor is gonna be much bigger.

MA do make money. but I don't think they are purely in it for the money, so then why would they apply "business logic", and upload their toilet updates...
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

good point(s) :santa: :bang:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I don't care anymore how long it's going to take to have the album come out... when it's done it's done, when it's out it's out.

There's more than enough incredibly great music around to listen to.

Also, I agree with Uros' words. The way Behemoth posted so many videos of the process, made my expectations go way too high, making the final product not as interesting (although I do love to see how their studio looks like, how they work, etc.). The only real news we got from MA is that they're recording, that's enough for me.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="rocknrollcola"]i cant believe how many of you justify the lack of news. you must not read blabbermouth or band interviews. who needs information? why should anyone care about whats going on?[/quote]

I used to care a lot, until the end of last year or so. I just didn't want to worry about it anymore. The album will be out when it's out.
Santyago

Post by Santyago »

If we waited this long, I think we can wait a few months more.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

[quote name="Uros"]
[quote name="zim"]don't you think there would be a bigger impact if there were at least a few updates here and there? i mean after so long people start to forget/care[/quote]

no, ofc there wouldn't be a bigger impact. the best example - behemoth. their numerous studio updates at first glance gave them (wanted) public attention, but in the end just accented their not so great album. The way Trey want is much better, because all those expectations are being kept to a minimum. Imo, if people forget (it's not realistic, but anyway), as you say, it's good! Because, when the album get released (and hopefully material on it is great) the-blown-away factor is gonna be much bigger.

MA do make money. but I don't think they are purely in it for the money, so then why would they apply "business logic", and upload their toilet updates...[/quote]

These are good points, but I do believe occasional news and such is good to keep a steady level of interest and anticipation, but that doesn't mean you have to flood the public with news updates constantly
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

deathgrow
Neophyte

Post by deathgrow »

I hope they find some good inspiration. This is a new album with Dave back in the mix!!!
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

Ola new lady. :santa:
deathgrow
Neophyte

Post by deathgrow »

:fonz: lol at your silly emoticon names.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="deathgrow"]I hope they find some good inspiration. This is a new album with Dave back in the mix!!![/quote]

I'd prefer Steve but David is still alright
deathgrow
Neophyte

Post by deathgrow »

Preference aside, it's cool to see the trio back together and recording their first album since fifteen years ago.