Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

captain twat. IV.
Ancient One

Re: .

Post by captain twat. IV. »

Lady Gaga??
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Is that a cross around his fucking neck?!
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Uros

Post by Uros »

yeah, hes idol is God, and hes a catholic. it says on myspace :santa:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

well he seems like he is back on his feet, good for him. I just hope he is off the junk and doing better :bang:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

holy shit, i never knew he was from MA! that is fantastic
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

So he's a god fearing christian now?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:frown:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

This is really lol. Newborn christian...
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

meh, who cares. didn't he have a serious drug problem for a while? probably picked it up during rehab.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

why does anyone give a shit what faith someone else is? If that's what creams their twinkie, then fine, as long as they aren't shoving it up everyone else's dicks.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Jackson

Post by Jackson »

D.O.A.

Post by D.O.A. »

Brunelle sounds like a nice hard-on bearer
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Religion is epic, viral fail.
;,,;
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

RELIGION IS THE PLACEBO OF THE MASSES!
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Brilliantly put, Sir Gleeso.
;,,;
Santyago

Post by Santyago »

It was a quite a shock for me to know that Richard Brunelle is christian. Oh well, it's his problem.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

Found this on wikipedia:

Christianity was created by some decadent and degenerated Romans as a tool of oppression, in the late Roman era, and it should be treated accordingly. It is like handcuffs to the mind and spirit and is nothing but destructive to mankind. In fact I don't really see Christianity as a religion. It is more like a spiritual plague, a mass psychosis, and it should first and foremost be treated as a problem to be solved by the medical science. Christianity is a diagnosis. It's like Islam and the other Asian religions, a HIV/AIDS of the spirit and mind.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

'Religious' should be included in the DSM as a psychological disorder.
;,,;
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

That's a Varg quote. :idea:

DAMN I WANT THE ALBUM TO LEAK!
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

[quote name="desolation"]Religion is epic, viral fail.[/quote]

overuse of the word epic is fail. :santa:

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i can't stand to see or hear the words epic or fail anymore or any other goddamn retarded internet meme for that matter
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

yeah, fail is fucking gay too, and O RLY was never funny. It was fucking stupid "try to hard to be random and cute" bullshit.

Fail doesn't get on my nerves nearly as bad as the over-& mis-use of the word epic. I actually went on a long rant on here about epic in a new thread, and instead of posting it I accidentally clicked the wrong thing and sarded typing it all out again. Fail is still fucking stupid though.

TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

hey ryan :santa:

Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

So.

Richard Brunelle then. .
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Way to dodge the point.

While fail is stuck in the meme, when you consider Christianity's history and massive general demographic, epic is literal.
;,,;
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

touche.

regardless, why does it bother you so much the he is an apparent christian? He still seems like a normal metalhead hard-on bearer to me, and it has obviously been beneficial to him, and in no way affects you. So why does it matter to you?

ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

:xx: Richard Brunelle

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="TAM TAM"]touche.

regardless, why does it bother you so much the he is an apparent christian? He still seems like a normal metalhead hard-on bearer to me, and it has obviously been beneficial to him, and in no way affects you. So why does it matter to you?[/quote]

Hey TAM TAM, I think it bothers some people because of how music is held in esteem to certain individuals' lives. If the individual - as an interpreter between thought and music - equates the music as an expression of a certain idealogy or way of life or thinking, for that person then to see another who embraced that style of music, which consequently in the interpreter's mind automatically means they embrace that way of thinking, then "being a christian" is a contradiction in terms for the interpreter at hand. Think about this: the almost equal backlash like 10 - 12 years ago against christian metal bands for many "like-minded" metal heads. It was for the same reasons: that these metal heads felt an infiltration of precisely the mentality they had found escape from through metal music. I do think however this kind of reproach to the automatic tie-in of a certain mentality and music has somewhat deflated in our times. I suppose it can be seen as good and bad by many.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Trypticon"]It's only the MUSIC not your LIFE

I usually don't give a fuck for lyrics and meanings.[/quote]

And that is the point though really, how you as an individual interprete music and meaning. Some mix them, some don't. For some, music is life, for some it's music.

I'm definitely not saying one way trumps the other but merely pointing out the convention of what may be happening "behind the scenes" to try and explain what TAM TAM is questioning.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

I just can't wrap my head around why a person gives a shit about someone else's personal life, whom they have no personal involvement with, whether it be something like this, or bullshit in the tabloids. Does Tiger cheating on his wife make him any less of a golfer? Does Elton John's sexual orientation have anything to do with the quality of his music? Fucking stupid.

bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="TAM TAM"]I just can't wrap my head around why a person gives a shit about someone else's personal life, whom they have no personal involvement with, whether it be something like this, or bullshit in the tabloids. Does Tiger cheating on his wife make him any less of a golfer? Does Elton John's sexual orientation have anything to do with the quality of his music? Fucking stupid.[/quote]

As far as tabloid fodder goes and how the masses interprete the person's talents with unrelated personal matters, I couldn't agree with you more. (Although, the same convention I've explained that happens in music, sort of still happens with other things as well, such as in golf.)

Music however, by its virtue is something different and even more serious. It's always been and will be something more esoteric. Now because of that, people tend to tether life idealogies along with the music they gravitate towards. Incidentally, I've always felt this is one reason, aside from the aural and sonic assault, as to why extreme metal never really obliged the masses, because traditionally there are more serious and perhaps deeper idealogies that co-exist with metal. Again, I'm just offering an explanation as to why this happens. I'm not saying it's good or bad. Music is a refuge for many to compile who they are, which also includes lyrical and mental ideas found with that music. If there's an element in there that threatens the core of that music - i.e what's become "themselves" - then it is a symbolic threat against who they are.
Santyago

Post by Santyago »

Now that I look to his myspace profile... House Music? :puke:
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Santyago

Post by Santyago »

[quote name="Jackson"]
[quote name="Santyago"]Now that I look to his myspace profile... House Music? :puke:[/quote]

[quote name="Santyago"]Re: Whatever happened with Trey and Death Metal?

If he listens to other music genres rather than Death Metal, it is not a problem to me if he continues to make great riffs and Morbid Angel still releasing great albums.[/quote]

DIE, YOU FUCKING MORON!!! :ra:[/quote]Oh... busted :tear:

But I just can't stand house music... well, better shut up my mouth sometimes.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

[quote name="TranscendingMusic"]Music however, by its virtue is something different and even more serious. It's always been and will be something more esoteric. Now because of that, people tend to tether life idealogies along with the music they gravitate towards. Incidentally, I've always felt this is one reason, aside from the aural and sonic assault, as to why extreme metal never really obliged the masses, because traditionally there are more serious and perhaps deeper idealogies that co-exist with metal. Again, I'm just offering an explanation as to why this happens. I'm not saying it's good or bad. Music is a refuge for many to compile who they are, which also includes lyrical and mental ideas found with that music. If there's an element in there that threatens the core of that music - i.e what's become "themselves" - then it is a symbolic threat against who they are.[/quote]

good take on it :hard-on bearer:
more metal
captain twat. IV.
Ancient One

Post by captain twat. IV. »

[quote name="Jackson"]
[quote name="Santyago"]Now that I look to his myspace profile... House Music? :puke:[/quote]

[quote name="Santyago"]Re: Whatever happened with Trey and Death Metal?

If he listens to other music genres rather than Death Metal, it is not a problem to me if he continues to make great riffs and Morbid Angel still releasing great albums.[/quote]

DIE, YOU FUCKING MORON!!! :ra:[/quote]

Over reacting much?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="TAM TAM"]touche.

regardless, why does it bother you so much the he is an apparent christian? He still seems like a normal metalhead hard-on bearer to me, and it has obviously been beneficial to him, and in no way affects you. So why does it matter to you?[/quote]

Richard Brunelle's beliefs matter to me no more than any other thing I make a passing comment about "Oh look at that gay car," or, "She has great tits." The topic of religion on a whole indeed matters to me, however, because it is a virus more harmful to our species than any other so far.
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="TAM TAM"]I just can't wrap my head around why a person gives a shit about someone else's personal life, whom they have no personal involvement with, whether it be something like this, or bullshit in the tabloids. Does Tiger cheating on his wife make him any less of a golfer? Does Elton John's sexual orientation have anything to do with the quality of his music? Fucking stupid.[/quote]

On that, I've not said it made him any less of a guitarist. I'm sure he's just as good on the strings, if not better, than he was in Morbid Angel.
;,,;
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

We did go through a phase of over-discussing it. I think. Maybe I imagined that.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Oh, I'm speaking personally. The thread as a whole, yeah maybe it was over-discussed.
;,,;
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

I meant on the bard, some months back. But nevermind. It matters not, young child.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:hard-on bearer: You're not more than three quarters my age, if that.
;,,;
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

But I am wise. Like a mountain puncturing the sky on a dimly lit evening.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Psh like a schnitzel puncturing zim for the first time
;,,;
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

I'm listening to Drudkh, "False Dawn". It's a bit bland.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Then put in Autumn Aurora
;,,;
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

Hate Forest seem to be better.