Killer MA stuff.

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Re: Killer MA stuff.

Post by Mutilator »

Hmm I once bought that box empty: it can fit 3 cd's: does it only have the AOD cd and a patch though? It should contain more!

Promo's I don't care for and signatures...rather on vinyl. Only the Domination sticker would interest me :redneck: can you post a picture of that?
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

The idea behind the b o x was that you could fill it up with Altars and blessed which were released prevously.

The initial deal with earache was 2 albums. Abomination was the third released to halt the bootlegging of it. For covenant they renegotiated a new deal.

It sort of celebrated the completion of the first contract.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:thingy:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="uni777"]The idea behind the b o x was that you could fill it up with Altars and blessed which were released prevously.

The initial deal with earache was 2 albums. Abomination was the third released to halt the bootlegging of it. For covenant they renegotiated a new deal.

It sort of celebrated the completion of the first contract.[/quote]

Ok thanks again for the info :)

I also put Altars and Blessed in the b o x because I own 3 of each: both original, remaster & remaster w/ dvd :redneck:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Mutilator"]

I also put Altars and Blessed in the b o x because I own 3 of each: both original, remaster & remaster w/ dvd :redneck:[/quote]

Jup that what i ment a few posts back haha

Altars: CD, Rerelease slipcase, rerelease + DVD, East european pressing CD, LP, PD old, PD new.

Blessed: CD, CD rerelease slipcase, Rerelease +DVD, LP, PD

etc, etc.. :redneck:

It is really getting silly haha.

Altough i do hope there will be a rerelease of Covenant with all videos and some live stuff from that era.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I wonder if Trey has a copy of everything that has been released :interessant:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Somehow I doubt it, but then again it would make it easier to turn around his own riffs and see how they sound..

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]

I also put Altars and Blessed in the b o x because I own 3 of each: both original, remaster & remaster w/ dvd :redneck:[/quote]

Jup that what i ment a few posts back haha

Altars: CD, Rerelease slipcase, rerelease + DVD, East european pressing CD, LP, PD old, PD new.

Blessed: CD, CD rerelease slipcase, Rerelease +DVD, LP, PD

etc, etc.. :redneck:

It is really getting silly haha.

Altough i do hope there will be a rerelease of Covenant with all videos and some live stuff from that era.[/quote]

Haha it's a bit of overkill indeed haha. I think the Blessed dvd could've been more though I offered Earache the bootleg from Texas from that tour, but they went for the docu only containing Dave :/

Hopefully Covenant will contain live material again, preferably the gig from where there was shown a snippet in Headbangers ball back then..but why was Trey into that headband thing suddenly?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

They could have made one killlllller special DVD from the re-release videos and sold it separately.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Mutilator"]but why was Trey into that headband thing suddenly?[/quote]

Beats me... I know from interviews at the time he was really into Ninja's... he was wearing a ninja suit recordin "C" and in the photos from a guitar world article he was wearing Ninja pants. I always had the idea of a warrior with that look... :redneck:

Around that time they also sold MA bandana's.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]but why was Trey into that headband thing suddenly?[/quote]

Beats me... I know from interviews at the time he was really into Ninja's... he was wearing a ninja suit recordin "C" and in the photos from a guitar world article he was wearing Ninja pants. I always had the idea of a warrior with that look... :redneck:

Around that time they also sold MA bandana's.[/quote]

Haha probably his Japanese Anime cartoon fetish :redneck:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="uni777"]

:lol:

I'd kill for a MA bandanna
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="zimberly"]
[quote name="uni777"]

:lol:

I'd kill for a MA bandanna[/quote]

Here ya go! :ba:

...oh, you said bandanna...
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

a morbid banana :grim: :ba:
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="zimberly"]a morbid banana :grim: :ba:[/quote]

Indeed, every morning, with my cherrios
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

:taking notes:
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

[quote name="uni777"]

Yea, I used to have two: one with the logo and one with the blasphagram. They were pretty cool. Got themat a concert ages ago, they didn't survive the rest of time tho :shakefist: