TREY ANSWERS FAN'S QUESTIONS ON AUG ISSUE OF GUITAR WORLD

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
VARG

TREY ANSWERS FAN'S QUESTIONS ON AUG ISSUE OF GUITAR WORLD

Post by VARG »

Has anybody checked out the aug. 2010 issue of guitar world? Trey's in it answering some fan's questions!

You should check it out!!
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Re: TREY ANSWERS FAN'S QUESTIONS ON AUG ISSUE OF GUITAR WORLD

Post by Verbal »

use a link to connect the interview with this thread
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

<!-- m -->http://www.guitarworld.com/new_issue_pr ... ugust_2010<!-- m -->

Chapel of Ghouls Tab in that issue :interessant:

the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Chris Broderick :xx:

It was fun to watch him live with Megadeth as nothing seemed to be impossible for him to play. Man he can make everybody look beginners while he is on stage with them.
:xx:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]Chris Broderick :xx:

It was fun to watch him live with Megadeth as nothing seemed to be impossible for him to play. Man he can make everybody look beginners while he is on stage with them.[/quote]

I saw him in 2008 and was just blown away. Dave has also stepped up his game, kicking some guitar ass. :bang:
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

[quote name="nell's tits"]Obviously off topic, but what-ev, a hard-on bearer that I was totally blown away by when I saw him play live was Micheal Romeo (I think that's it, for some reason I can't think of the band name right now...something with the word symphony in it). He's a shred hard-on bearer, which unfortunately has a bad connotation on it, but his solos are very emotive and creative.[/quote]

Google it? You know the guys name and half of the bands name too?

If you are really looking at Michael's band it is Symphony X
:xx:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

would love to see some scans of the article in question :idea:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="nell's tits"]Obviously off topic, but what-ev, a hard-on bearer that I was totally blown away by when I saw him play live was Micheal Romeo (I think that's it, for some reason I can't think of the band name right now...something with the word symphony in it). He's a shred hard-on bearer, which unfortunately has a bad connotation on it, but his solos are very emotive and creative.[/quote]

Sorry but Broderick kick his ass. Romeo is Malmsteen on speed to me and Symphony (Suc)X is a total ripoff of anything proggy but with bad taste. Not to be an ass to you dude. Just the way i felt after seeing them and listening to their albums.
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

loved that Andy Mcdude, with the fan-fretted acoustic git!
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

4 search results for "Chris Broderick"

1. Ballistic Chris Broderick (Jag Panzer, Nevermore, Megadeth) (...)

2. Jag Panzer Chris Broderick (Ballistic, Nevermore, Megadeth) (...)

3. Megadeth Chris Broderick - Guitars (2008-) (Ballistic, Nevermore, Jag Panzer) (...)

4. Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

I read the interview. He answers fans' questions. Well, actually, he blathers on in his typical pseudo-spiritual nonsensical Trey-speak, but it's still interesting!
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

i havent read it yet, but "pseudo-spiritual"?
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]would love to see some scans of the article in question :idea:[/quote]
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Never saw anything about being able to submit questions for him to answer :eyes:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="Anjel"]
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]would love to see some scans of the article in question :idea:[/quote][/quote]

Please do. It's not for sale here. :krinor:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="Anjel"]
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]would love to see some scans of the article in question :idea:[/quote][/quote]

Please do. It's not for sale here. :krinor:[/quote]

Yes it is. Bought it yesterday.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Shredlord"]I read the interview. He answers fans' questions. Well, actually, he blathers on in his typical pseudo-spiritual nonsensical Trey-speak, but it's still interesting![/quote]

What, exactly, is "pseudo-spiritual"?
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="Anjel"]

Yes it is. Bought it yesterday.[/quote]

Sorry, I don't live in neither here nor there.

Yes, I figured you live in the Netherlands.

It would be cool if you could scan it.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="Anjel"]

You bought it in Utrecht? Where, at the station kiosk maybe?
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="desolation"]
[quote name="Shredlord"]I read the interview. He answers fans' questions. Well, actually, he blathers on in his typical pseudo-spiritual nonsensical Trey-speak, but it's still interesting![/quote]

What, exactly, is "pseudo-spiritual"?[/quote]

if i had to take a stab at it

something that attempts to mimic or emulate disparate elements of various established traditions, but doesn't really form a cohesive or consistent whole. new-age, to put it in more familiar terms.

of course i understand what you're trying to imply here, i just don't think it's a very interesting way to approach the subject.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]

something that attempts to mimic or emulate disparate elements of various established traditions, but doesn't really form a cohesive or consistent whole. new-age, to put it in more familiar terms.

of course i understand what you're trying to imply here, i just don't think it's a very interesting way to approach the subject.[/quote]

That pretty much covers it! Anyone who has read an interview with him knows what I'm talking about. Doesn't he frequently mention something like trying to "channel my center of creativity" or words to that effect? What exactly does that mean? Someone who has the magazine can quote him verbatim.
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]

of course i understand what you're trying to imply here, i just don't think it's a very interesting way to approach the subject.[/quote]

So, by your reckoning, for the philosophy and belief of spirituality, one has to conform only to systems or traditions that have some preset minimum of time behind them or they are pseudo-spiritual beliefs?
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

as in any other serious discipline, legitimacy and consistency are established through scholarly study, which requires a little more effort than hacking together a few chapters of nice-sounding self-aggrandizement that appeals to peoples' narcissistic tendencies and dumping it in the self-help section at B&N. is there some arbitrary length of time required to establish legitimacy? nope. i'm not particularly invested in any of it, but i do think it's a bit disingenuous to assume it's all the same because they may share some common elements.
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

I just bought it, had to go to 6 different places to find it though :waa:
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="desolation"]So, by your reckoning, for the philosophy and belief of spirituality, one has to conform only to systems or traditions that have some preset minimum of time behind them or they are pseudo-spiritual beliefs?[/quote]

I'm referring to statements that sound nice but really don't mean much. I'm beginning to regret mentioning in the first place. TREY CAN SAY OR DO NO WRONG. :grin:
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

he can be pseudo-wrong
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

*waiting for scan*

:santa:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Maze"]*waiting for scan*

:santa:[/quote]
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

Scan please guys, thanks!

I remember he answered fan questions on the IRC chat thingy years ago. Wish I saved that chat :waa:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]as in any other serious discipline, legitimacy and consistency are established through scholarly study, which requires a little more effort than hacking together a few chapters of nice-sounding self-aggrandizement that appeals to peoples' narcissistic tendencies and dumping it in the self-help section at B&N. is there some arbitrary length of time required to establish legitimacy? nope. i'm not particularly invested in any of it, but i do think it's a bit disingenuous to assume it's all the same because they may share some common elements.[/quote]

You do realize you just applied a notion legitimacy to something unprovable (outside of being a simple psychological construct) like spirituality, right? I mean really, it's all a cock, so taking the parts one likes of various time-worn spiritual disciplines to make one's own personal system is no better, worse, nor even different than conforming to one of the aforementioned elder traditions. It really is all the same in that they are spiritual beliefs. Aside from some more ethically or generally morally abhorrent sects, the fact that they are all rather untrue, insofar as what has been (or rather has not been) proven, makes them all pretty much on level playing field.

[quote name="Shredlord"]
[quote name="desolation"]So, by your reckoning, for the philosophy and belief of spirituality, one has to conform only to systems or traditions that have some preset minimum of time behind them or they are pseudo-spiritual beliefs?[/quote]

I'm referring to statements that sound nice but really don't mean much. I'm beginning to regret mentioning in the first place. TREY CAN SAY OR DO NO WRONG. :grin:[/quote]

Well, that relies on the assumption that he doesn't wholeheartedly believe in the spiritual things he professes. Anyone can do wrong, sir. Please do not seek to apply some fanboyism to me in anything more than fun jest.
;,,;
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="Anjel"]

You bought it in Utrecht? Where, at the station kiosk maybe?[/quote]

I bought it at Bruna. And Yes normally the station kiosk has it also.

@ mutilator: I could buy one for you if it is still in stock and mail it to you. PM if you want me to.

I do not have a scanner. We had a very expensive one at work so i did not bother buying one....
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

read it in the shop & take a photo with your phone.

they seem they can do anything these days :redneck:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="Anjel"]

You bought it in Utrecht? Where, at the station kiosk maybe?[/quote]

I bought it at Bruna. And Yes normally the station kiosk has it also.

@ mutilator: I could buy one for you if it is still in stock and mail it to you. PM if you want me to.

I do not have a scanner. We had a very expensive one at work so i did not bother buying one....[/quote]

Thanks you for your kind offer, but I already read it quickly in the station in Nijmegen when I was on my way to see Shining perform lateron.

To me, this 1-page interview, mainly was about Trey thinking that some old habits are silly nowadays and that he doesn't use scales but plays on feeling alone and that playing fast is due to muscle practice and that he still really likes his InstaGIB guitar. Nothing really new or in-depth imo.

You'll get a beer from me though at the next Holland Morbid Angel show if I meet you there (probably next to Void, the biggest hard-on bearer up front).
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Yes you are right. Everyone who knows a little about Trey already knows all the answers..

Bought it also for the tabs but those are curious to say the least :huh:

The Ozzy article is a nice read though.. :redneck:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

@mutilator: that's right! somehow we always tend to meet at a MA show :redneck:

@uni: gotta show me that tab, if it's curious...
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

What is so curious about the tabs?

Anyway here seems to be a scan of Epitaph magazine with a Morbid Angel interview. found it on Lockjaw.

Haven't read it myself yet, but maybe it's unknown and hopefully interesting :)

<!-- m -->http://www.mediafire.com/?jmyizdnzjgn<!-- m -->
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

They should have tried to tab out the solos. :lol:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

There are solos in the tab.
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

There is?

I want to see this tablature.
Desoppus

Post by Desoppus »

And me too!

Can someone scan those tabs and send to this forum?
Desoppus

Post by Desoppus »

[quote name="Skintoxication"]from what ive experienced, guitar world tabs are notoriously wrong[/quote]

That is probably true, and I think that many of MA solos is very difficult to tab. I have seen some versions of MA solos and these was shoddy, but I am still interested to see the Guitar World's version.
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Incorret and defect tabs is the woooooorst.
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Verbal"]he can be pseudo-wrong[/quote]

You can be pseudo-anything these days.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

there is a condition called pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism

yes, there are supposed to be two pseudos there
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

You could make a placaebo and call it pseudopseudoephedrine.

Just not in front of the patients :redneck:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

What about the Pseudopatients? :mmno:
;,,;
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

Oh, what a (pseudo) monster I have spawned!