Gateways To Annihilation 10th. anniversary

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
VARG

Gateways To Annihilation 10th. anniversary

Post by VARG »

Gateways To Annihilation was realesed on October 17th. 2000...

<!-- ia0 -->1213.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
zim
Zim(a)

Re: Gateways To Annihilation 10th. anniversary

Post by zim »

well here's to one of my favorite albums :beer:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

[quote name="zimberly"]well here's to one of my favorite albums :beer:[/quote]
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="zimberly"]well here's to one of my favorite albums :beer:[/quote][/quote]
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="shadowalk"]
[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="zimberly"]well here's to one of my favorite albums :beer:[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="shadowalk"]
[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="zimberly"]well here's to one of my favorite albums :beer:[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

[quote name="Maze"]
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]
[quote name="shadowalk"]
[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="zimberly"]well here's to one of my favorite albums :beer:[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Cybermetatron

Post by Cybermetatron »

I remember when they released their 10 years of madness shirt ! Now they can do a 10 years of annihilation shirt ! Time flies...
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Feeling old in this period.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User
Metal God

Post by User »

gateways :xx:
more metal
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

4 cool facts related to Gateways:

1. In Opening of the Gates From :10 sec mark there were two drum tracks recorded for the kick pattern. You can hear the doubles of course and overlayed are the kicks with the single hits accenting certain beats in a waltz feel.

2. And in OPTG, the part at 1:25, let's call it "chorus", was more of an experimentation in editing. Those double kicks there were helped along a little bit :grin:

3. The chaotic solo in God of the Forsaken is actually Erik (I mentioned this in another thread before)

4. Kawazu track duration equaled Trey's age in 2000. Kinda silly, but you know me :hard-on bearer:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

After all the times i've listenend to this one it is still my least favorite album. The only song i really like is god of the forsaken.

I just cannot get into the groove of this album... don't know what it is.
Santyago

Post by Santyago »

Great album, the grooving intro of Summoning Redemption makes me get into the whole album!

I like also Secure Limitations with Trey's vocals :bang:
captain twat. IV.
Ancient One

Post by captain twat. IV. »

[quote name="uni777"]The only song i really like is god of the forsaken.

[/quote]

To the victor the spoils?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Secure Limitations is one of my favorite songs of all time, it just feels like pure evil to me :grim:
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="Cybermetatron"]I remember when they released their 10 years of madness shirt ! Now they can do a 10 years of annihilation shirt ! Time flies...[/quote]
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="mabb_"]
[quote name="uni777"]The only song i really like is god of the forsaken.

[/quote]

To the victor the spoils?[/quote]

no, sorry...
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

1. In Opening of the Gates From :10 sec mark there were two drum tracks recorded for the kick pattern. You can hear the doubles of course and overlayed are the kicks with the single hits accenting certain beats in a waltz feel.

2. And in OPTG, the part at 1:25, let's call it "chorus", was more of an experimentation in editing. Those double kicks there were helped along a little bit :grin:

3. The chaotic solo in God of the Forsaken is actually Erik (I mentioned this in another thread before) [/qoute]

Great! I'm gonna enjoy checking this when I get home. :santa:

4. Kawazu track duration equaled Trey's age in 2000. Kinda silly, but you know me :hard-on bearer:

:thingy: Wow! How did you find out?
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

3. The chaotic solo in God of the Forsaken is actually Erik (I mentioned this in another thread before) [/qoute]

Great! I'm gonna enjoy checking this when I get home. :santa:

:thingy: Wow! How did you find out?

Ahah dude one thing you should know about me is I see patterns or occult things where it may otherwise be overlooked. Especially with numerology or astrology. Like a "Rainman" skill.

Basically a useless talent :lol:

but i enjoy it
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Impressive!! Have you uncovered more patterns in Morbid Angel's work?
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

This thread has sent me on a major gateways revival over the last week. :xx:

Fuckin hell, secured limitations :fonz:
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

[quote name="uni777"]After all the times i've listenend to this one it is still my least favorite album. The only song i really like is god of the forsaken.

I just cannot get into the groove of this album... don't know what it is.[/quote]

I've learned to appreciate it throughout the years. But it's just so slow and the drums don't sound real.
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Ninny"]
[quote name="uni777"]After all the times i've listenend to this one it is still my least favorite album. The only song i really like is god of the forsaken.

I just cannot get into the groove of this album... don't know what it is.[/quote]

I've learned to appreciate it throughout the years. But it's just so slow and the drums don't sound real.[/quote]

I think a lot of Trey's vision comes through so blatantly on this album and Pete's drumming is superb. :thingy:
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Mutilator"]Impressive!! Have you uncovered more patterns in Morbid Angel's work?[/quote]

I think obviously the biggest one is the occult audio stuff such as what I demonstrated with the backwards riffs for example or the hidden historical enigma of a coloseum in the Blessed intro.

But yea I see and investigate other things. You already know about FFF I'm sure. FFF = 666, and also FFF being the 6th album...

I think they (may be just Trey) also used numerology to determine release dates on some albums, well at least the calendar day. NOT for every album, but it seems trey would try different occult elements every other album and whatnot. So, here's a couple. If you break down words into numerical equivalents, like for COvenant you'd get 3-15-22-5-14-1-14-20. Now, Covenant was the 3rd official album released right, released June 22, 1993. Now count in 3 numbers in that sequence. You land on "22". Domination: 4-15-13-9-14-1-20-9-15-14. 4th album, released May 9,1995. Count in 4 numbers in that sequence, you land on "9". Gateways, as well, released on 9-25-2000. Count in 7 in it's sequence and you land on "25".

Heretic. One would wonder what all of those extra tracks were for. A total of 62 tracks. In numerology, you break down total numbers into single digits. So 62 = 8. Heretic is the 8th album MA released.
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Trey likes to play around with us :idea:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

our heads just might explode with the release of I - 7 years of ideas might be to much for our brains to handle
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Brilliant stuff!! Considering his age on myspace, I think you are correct with the numerology. Trey intends al these things. You should do an interview with him about all this someday :thingy:

So this means the new album title will be at least 9 letters long. It's great to check this when the title and release date are announced :santa:

I still think the title begins with Ice since it's the original bandname (Heretic the second).
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

Yea I don't think there's much of anything that Trey does that isn't planned and "masterminded". Those non-musical elements that were about creating schemes and a more-than-meets-the-eye mentality of MA enthralled me along with the earth shattering music. Mutilator I didn't catch how you arrived to the "at least 9 letters long" idea for the title. Can you elaborate on that?
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Skintoxication"]probably because I is the 9th letter of the alphabet[/quote]

Oh, well yea. I was looking for correlation with the previous patterns. But sure, if that's what Mutilator was implying, they could go that route. I'm trying to see if there is any pattern with the actual name. Although that's a tougher one because the name is what most likely needs to be the foundation, created in a sort of cerebral vacuum, of everything else which can then be calculated off of.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Because you've unraveled the release day pattern, counting in the album number of letters in the name.

Covenant: 3rd album: 3rd letter: number of V in the alphabet is 22: release date 22th day

I : 9th album: 9th letter: number of ... in the alphabet is..: compare with release date and see if it fits.
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Mutilator"]Because you've unraveled the release day pattern, counting in the album number of letters in the name.

Covenant: 3rd album: 3rd letter: number of V in the alphabet is 22: release date 22th day

I : 9th album: 9th letter: number of ... in the alphabet is..: compare with release date and see if it fits.[/quote]

Ok yea I see what you're saying now. That even though the pattern otherwise is only based on what's given [i.e the name]

in which, and this is assuming they will use this formula, we can then derive release day - at the very least we can say it will be 9 letters. ALTHOUGH!

And here's a wrench. I noticed something about Altars and Blessed lol. They have their count-ins reversed. Altars released 5-12-89. Counting the letters though, 12 is the 2nd number.

Blessed released 5-2-91 has the 2 as the 1st number! So, 1st album has it's release number 2nd and 2nd album has release number 1st.

We could have a lot more fun of course if the album name was established already! :idea:
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

Just staring at my notes here I'm just going to throw this out there as what i think will be the release date. Since they do switch it up a bit every other album as far what the occult element is

this is my conjecture as to a possible approach of figuring out a release date. It's probally totally wrong lol but here it is:

Thus far, 8 albums have been released. 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8 = 36 = 3+6 = 9. As in 9th album. So I will say March 6th, 2011 as the release date :bang: :lol:
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Haha great and a very logic pattern. You've got me convinced.

I understand Altars as the second release after Abominations, but Blessed as the first album would only be half true since half of the album are re-recorded songs. :huh:

Maybe an idea to write to askearache about the numerology? They should at least know about the release date patterns.
Uros

Post by Uros »

You guys are seriously over-thinking it :redneck:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Uros"]You guys are seriously over-thinking it :redneck:[/quote]

Well..., TM is really on to something. The amount of ""silent" tracks on Heretic were done on purpose as was the total length of the album.

Steve has hinted on this in many interviews.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Uros"]You guys are seriously over-thinking it :redneck:[/quote]

Well..., TM is really on to something. The amount of ""silent" tracks on Heretic were done on purpose as was the total length of the album.

Steve has hinted on this in many interviews.[/quote]

Can you elaborate in this also please?
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I like the idea behind that TM! Although there's a glitch, which is that in Europe the Day comes before the Month. In the US and UK they write, for example, 3/28/2010. In the EU they write 28/3/2010. This would make your month and day incorrect. ;) I know it wasn't serious, but as long as we're bs'ing here.... :redneck:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Void"]I like the idea behind that TM! Although there's a glitch, which is that in Europe the Day comes before the Month. In the US and UK they write, for example, 3/28/2010. In the EU they write 28/3/2010. This would make your month and day incorrect. ;) I know it wasn't serious, but as long as we're bs'ing here.... :redneck:[/quote]

Personally, when I write the date out, I use the following formats:

15 March 2010

3/15/2010
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Humwawa
Mature Neophyte

Post by Humwawa »

The numerology-thing definitely adds to the Morbid Angel-enigma. Underneath their fruital style of music, there is a deeper dimension of intellectual thinking... It's all there for a reason and It's up to us to discover these secrecies...

I remember as a young kid I was quite intrigued by the "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"-album (Iron Maidens VIIth album). There seemed to be more to that album than just the songs... The opening with the 7 riddles (7 deadly sins/7 ways to win/... and so forth) really dragged me into their concept.
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Void"]I like the idea behind that TM! Although there's a glitch, which is that in Europe the Day comes before the Month. In the US and UK they write, for example, 3/28/2010. In the EU they write 28/3/2010. This would make your month and day incorrect. ;) I know it wasn't serious, but as long as we're bs'ing here.... :redneck:[/quote]

Ahah these are valid points buuuuuuut, I'm simply going on the pattern within how Trey set it up. So basically he's dictating the format :grin:

Off of that then the format must be m/d/y... My release prediction should be taken with a grain of salt however, only because the particular occult formula I used

is not necessarily one he's used - YET. But it's still utilizing numerology so I'm going to stick with it (3/6/2011) until we get that damn album name! :waa:

EDIT: fixed date
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

u mean 2011 ;)
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Void"]u mean 2011 ;)[/quote]

Doh! :wall: Yep! thanks for catching that lol
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

we're only getting the album name in 2011, the album won't be released until 2012!

:lol:

:eyes:

:ryan:
Uros

Post by Uros »

^^ 2012 - 9th Morbid Angel album, and death of the world. Maybe there's some kind of connection between those two :light:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

2011, 2+0+1+1=4

2012, 2+0+1+2=5

4+5=9

plus 14... 23. :redneck:
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

April First release date would be 4/1/2011, 4+1+2+0+1+1=9

:hard-on bearer:
;,,;
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

:huh:
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Godsdefeat"]:huh:[/quote]

Nice to see the concept of basic addition is lost on you.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:gaylol:
;,,;
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

hello my mad mabb brethren, I didn't want to open a new thread for this, but I got all of this stuff organized into a new vid if you wana check it out:

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKeGLoet9Sk<!-- m -->

:xx: