New album title revealed

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Re: New album title revealed

Post by Shredlord »

David Vincent posted that it translates as "Those Insane Gods."
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Those Whom the Gods Detest,To Hell with God,Those Insane Gods.

:xx:
sworn
Neophyte

Post by sworn »

does anyone here know how to reach David?

The multiple facebook pages are not actual pages that have email, but just allow you to "like" them.... I think that I found Trey and sent him one.
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

<!-- m -->http://www.facebook.com/officialdavidvincent<!-- m -->

this is official david vincent page, that is all

I you want to reach TUCKER then I can help you
Jackass in the will of god
Amduscias
Neophyte

Post by Amduscias »

[quote name="Shredlord"]David Vincent posted that it translates as "Those Insane Gods."[/quote]

In order to get that meaning, the phrase would be 'illi insani/amentes dii'. 'divinus, a, um' is not 'god'. That would be 'deus, -i'.

'Ille divinus insanus' (masculine) or 'illud divinum insanum' (neuter) are singular. The head of the noun phrase in both cases is 'insanus. -a. -um', and 'divinus, -a, -um' functions as an adjective.

In order to get the 'famous' meaning, the order should be 'divinus insanus ille', i.e. 'the famous god-like insane one' or something like that.