When was the last time they played live......

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Abzu
Postwhore

Re: When was the last time they played live......

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="uni777"]OK i get it. For a moment i thought you had gotten a sneak peak of the material, knowing you have been in contact with Tom.. :santa:[/quote]

[quote name="Void"]And no sneak peaks of Uni's material until it's released :shake:[/quote]

If I thought I even had a remote chance of talking him into it, I'd be on it; but alas there is no chance. I must wait. :shakefist:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

[quote name="uni777"]Then it would be wise to investigate a little before making statements.[/quote]

apologies :)
Jackass in the will of god
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="lavaBorn"]
[quote name="uni777"]Then it would be wise to investigate a little before making statements.[/quote]

apologies :)[/quote]

Check out: Internecine - the book of lambs. Good stuff.
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

[quote name="Void"]Fuck reading this had me listening to KOAK again... what a great record.

Erik told me that the production of the new one is closer to I, Monarch than F&F - but more clear and open. He had Ride The Lightning's production as one of his main influences for this one... can't wait! :xx:[/quote]

I must concur on this point. Ride the Lightning has got to be one of the greatest records for just in your face, clean, yet down and dirty guitar playing. (I put Cowboys From Hell right there as well, clean, yet so fucking amazing!) Granted I am partial to the fuckers being the first band I ever really got into (as I will say most metal heads my age did) but it is just a great sounding album. Matter of fact, listening to it now

And Eric Rutan is :xx: :evil: :xx:

[quote name="Void"]And no sneak peaks of Uni's material until it's released :shake: [/quote]

can't wait to hear it :bang:
Fuck 'em
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="uni777"]

Check out: Internecine - the book of lambs. Good stuff.[/quote]

Yeah, great record! :bang: I keep meaing to try and get hold of the CD.

[quote name="Void"]it's only audio :redneck:[/quote]

For some reason I expected it to be a video. :huh: Thanks anyway!
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="TranscendingMusic"]JJ told me recently the new Hate Eternal album came out great. He said they did a lot of classic twsited Hate Eternal riffing but that there's also more

groove and space surrounding all the blasting, pummeling stuff. That's good to hear, but I am always concerned with the sonic quality of H.E records, for some

reason they always miss the mark sonically. Sit down and compare the timeline from KOAK to I,Mon to FAF and you'll notice a depreciation in sonic quality from each record.

It's bizarre. I hope they nail the audio with this new record.[/quote]

HE is next to MA my favorite band. But the production of the last one was so difficult to get a grasp on. Although i must say i love the rawness of the band. The demo as wel as KOAK are always a inspiration to me.

Having been working on my own recordings with Void recently, i must admit it is hard to let go. You tend to go back and work on it again and again. I guess that's what happenend with FAF. I must say i like the way Monarch sounds.

I also think a lot of modern deathMetal albums sound to polished or fake nowadays. All the reamping makes for interchangable guitar sounds. Drums are not human anymore with all the digital correction. The ridiculously hard compressed mastering. I do not like it one bit. It loses all the edge Death Metal stood for. All the "dirt" that made it organic is gone.

I really hope what we are creating has that oldschool vibe I think it has. But i've been so close to it lately i'm not objective anymore.[/quote]

I totally agree with the "rawness" point. Thre is a line though between "raw" sounding and abrased sounding and for some reason the HE stuff sounds like it's always been picked at and picked at until

it becomes lifeless. Also there's always a resonant boom around the kick drums that interferes with clarity. It may due to a null or may be again it's the constant tweaking (understandably because it's your own

baby). The old Metallica stuff is a good example of creating rawness and combining it with good production in just the right ways. If it can sound clear and still fruital like that, all the better!
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]

[quote name="Void"]it's only audio :redneck:[/quote]

For some reason I expected it to be a video. :huh: Thanks anyway![/quote]

It's just your synesthesia kicking in :fonz:
Fuck 'em
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="TranscendingMusic"]

I totally agree with the "rawness" point. Thre is a line though between "raw" sounding and abrased sounding and for some reason the HE stuff sounds like it's always been picked at and picked at until

it becomes lifeless. Also there's always a resonant boom around the kick drums that interferes with clarity. It may due to a null or may be again it's the constant tweaking (understandably because it's your own

baby). The old Metallica stuff is a good example of creating rawness and combining it with good production in just the right ways. If it can sound clear and still fruital like that, all the better![/quote]

Yes you are right. And HE productions suffer from what you explain.

For me Covenant is a perfect example of a raw, organic natural production. Flemming again.

That said HE is for me one of the band that are really savage. They just need to capture it better.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I think Conquering captured that raw essence very well (next to their demo). Next in line for me is I, Monarch.

About Flemming... he makes magic. :grin:
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Void"]I think Conquering captured that raw essence very well (next to their demo). Next in line for me is I, Monarch.

About Flemming... he makes magic. :grin:[/quote]

I tend to agree with that. Conquering has such a vibe to it. Man Fleming is an engineering inspiration to me from a time when it was about engineering! I also love

LaurentX, he's done Gojira, Pitbulls In A Nursery....such unique tones and mixes.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Anjel"]
[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Anjel"]I have the said bootleg. The quality is pretty horrible.[/quote]

Could you share that eventhough the quality isn't that good?[/quote]

<!-- m -->http://www.mediafire.com/?68hgvav5yaokpe8<!-- m --> :redneck:[/quote]

He did some of those a lot deeper than I expected.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="TranscendingMusic"]
[quote name="Void"]I think Conquering captured that raw essence very well (next to their demo). Next in line for me is I, Monarch.

About Flemming... he makes magic. :grin:[/quote]

I tend to agree with that. Conquering has such a vibe to it. Man Fleming is an engineering inspiration to me from a time when it was about engineering! I also love

LaurentX, he's done Gojira, Pitbulls In A Nursery....such unique tones and mixes.[/quote]

Gojira's records, especially From Mars... and Way Of All Flesh have great production... perfect examples of records which have clarity but have not sacrificed the organic feeling.
Foxi
Mature Neophyte

Post by Foxi »

[quote name="Desoppus"]They should do "Blessed are the 20 years tour" and then play the whole fucking album.[/quote]

Did they ever play Rebel Lands live?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I always liked Rebel Lands' name. Trey is big into both Kabala and Sumerian, so it's a cool title. The Sumerian word for Rebel Land is kibala.

[quote name="UPenn ePSD"]kibala [REBEL LAND] (167x: ED IIIb, Lagash II, Ur III, Old Babylonian) wr. ki-bala "rebel land" Akk. māt nukurti[/quote]

;,,;
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

I don't know if I like this or not, hopefully it will grow on me.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I think the new HE track is amazing!

But let's keep that in it's own topic shall we? :)

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8549&p=135400 ... p135400</a><!-- l -->
NothingButFear
Mature Neophyte

Post by NothingButFear »

I liked that new HE track. Much better in songwriting (and production!) than Fury and Flames. I couldn't listen to that album much. The production :oldryan:

As for MA, I'd like to see them play Pain Divine, Nothing But Fear/Eyes to See (I always thought those two songs worked well together), Unholy Blasphemies and Visions from the Dark Side.

Also, definitely some stuff from F and ESPECIALLY G. If there is one MA album that does deserve to be more or less ignored, it's Heretic.

I find it interesting that most fans seem to want material from these albums played, but MA just won't do it. :huh:
Your time is now!

With screams you defy, still silence rings

Prayers to some god won't change a thing

The gleam in your eyes reduced to tears

And deep in your heart you have nothing but fear...