Chapel of Ghouls

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

Chapel of Ghouls

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

Anybody have the entire show?

[youtube]ybDUNJtQUsA[/youtube]
Fuck 'em
lavaBorn

Re: Chapel of Ghouls

Post by lavaBorn »

good quality :hard-on bearer:
Jackass in the will of god
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

i hate vincent's stage presence and his way of interaction..

Following your wife that much is harmful :shakefist:
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

:xx: FUCKING fruital :xx:

Around 4:47 it slows just a bit and is sick!

Love this song!!!!!!!!
Fuck 'em
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="lavaBorn"]i hate vincent's stage presence and his way of interaction..

Following your wife that much is harmful :shakefist:[/quote]

This is from the day though, a whole different animal then

[youtube]PbwFHxE4qqk[/youtube]

And I have to ask, anybody have this one either? Fucking great sound!
Fuck 'em
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

Thor's is not a solo gut, he plays solos out of beat :wall:
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="lavaBorn"]i hate vincent's stage presence and his way of interaction..

And I have to ask, anybody have this one either? Fucking great sound![/quote]

i must say it again, wish if I was born in 70s, just to see this. :eyes:
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]

And I have to ask, anybody have this one either? Fucking great sound![/quote]

The video is of live madness, audio is original track.

BTW its official immortal rites video.

everybody has live madness
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="lavaBorn"]The video is of live madness, audio is original track.

BTW its official immortal rites video.

everybody has live madness[/quote]

Yeah, true I should have realized that :wall: But the Chapel video is what is really cool. Hoping somebody may have more info on it or possibly have a copy to share. :fonz:
Fuck 'em
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

the old(A and B) evil voice of Vincent :xx:

and this too

[youtube]0V304gqrww4[/youtube]

and one of the deepest track after invocation
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]Yeah, true I should have realized that :wall: But the Chapel video is what is really cool. Hoping somebody may have more info on it or possibly have a copy to share. :fonz:[/quote]

That performance of Chapel of Ghouls is from their Hellfest 2008 gig. There's more videos of that concert on YoutTube. I always like Trey's solo portion in this song and the one in that video is particularly good. As for Thor, I always feel as if he is trying to play in the Erik Rutan style, without ever being succesful.
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]Yeah, true I should have realized that :wall: But the Chapel video is what is really cool. Hoping somebody may have more info on it or possibly have a copy to share. :fonz:[/quote]

That performance of Chapel of Ghouls is from their Hellfest 2008 gig. There's more videos of that concert on YoutTube. I always like Trey's solo portion in this song and the one in that video is particularly good. As for Thor, I always feel as if he is trying to play in the Erik Rutan style, without ever being succesful.[/quote]

he is no where near to this :waa:

[youtube]U1AKfYPCkbc[/youtube]
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

You know i respect your opinion. But to make this point in (almost) every thread gets a bit old. If you don't like it go watch the stuff with steve.

What is he doing wrong in this particular video? He is being apreciative to people who travel half across the world to be at those festvals.

Very few Deathmetal frontman have the charisma David has. Steve was very energetic but he did not have the same stage presence. Jared was more fruital than Steve but couldn't match him either.

So far i've seen all lineups (excluding with mike Browning) and i must say so far I find the stage perfomance of Thor and the lack of inspiration in Treys playing far worse than David's performance. Who the fuck cares if he wears a latex shirt. Btw people were calling them gay in old days because they wore those leathers...

* e d i t *

just listened to the Chapel version with Steve. But i feel Davids voice fits the song much better...
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="uni777"] i must say so far I find the stage perfomance of Thor and the lack of inspiration in Treys playing far worse than David's performance. Who the fuck cares if he wears a latex shirt.[/quote]

exactly what I stated in the other thread.
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

[quote name="uni777"]

You know i respect your opinion. But to make this point in (almost) every thread gets a bit old. If you don't like it go watch the stuff with steve.

What is he doing wrong in this particular video? He is being apreciative to people who travel half across the world to be at those festvals.

Very few Deathmetal frontman have the charisma David has. Steve was very energetic but he did not have the same stage presence. Jared was more fruital than Steve but couldn't match him either.

So far i've seen all lineups (excluding with mike Browning) and i must say so far I find the stage perfomance of Thor and the lack of inspiration in Treys playing far worse than David's performance. Who the fuck cares if he wears a latex shirt. Btw people were calling them gay in old days because they wore those leathers...[/quote]

I dont have any problem with what he is saying, i mean look at him, the way he stands, the way he walks around, the way he holds his hair :lol:

I have one live concert with Norman of 2005 i guess, David was shaking his ass on god of emptiness beats :alien:

I dont have any problem with his costume, better than those early gay ass glam/hair metal costumes and makeup :waa:
ddrum
Neophyte

Post by ddrum »

[quote name="uni777"]

So far i've seen all lineups (excluding with mike Browning) and i must say so far I find the stage perfomance of Thor and the lack of inspiration in Treys playing far worse than David's performance. Who the fuck cares if he wears a latex shirt. Btw people were calling them gay in old days because they wore those leathers...

* e d i t *

just listened to the Chapel version with Steve. But i feel Davids voice fits the song much better...[/quote]

Very good point! :beer:
lavaBorn

Post by lavaBorn »

also no problem with his vocals considering his age :bang:
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]

That performance of Chapel of Ghouls is from their Hellfest 2008 gig. There's more videos of that concert on YoutTube. I always like Trey's solo portion in this song and the one in that video is particularly good. As for Thor, I always feel as if he is trying to play in the Erik Rutan style, without ever being succesful.[/quote]

:grimsanta: I'll start looking now. Did not know which show, thanks :bang:
Fuck 'em