New Audio Interview With DAVID VINCENT - May 27, 2009

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

New Audio Interview With DAVID VINCENT - May 27, 2009

Post by Mesarthim »

MORBID ANGEL: New Audio Interview With DAVID VINCENT Available - May 27, 2009

Bassist/vocalist David Vincent of legendary Florida extreme metallers MORBID ANGEL was recently interviewed by Andrew Haug of Triple J's "The Racket" (based in Australia). Listen to the chat in streaming audio at the Triple J web site: Windows Media, Real Media (NOTE: The first part of the Vincent interview begins around the 29-minute mark). Check out the program's entire playlist at this location: <!-- m -->http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/racket/playlists.htm<!-- m -->
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
zim
Zim(a)

Re: New Audio Interview With DAVID VINCENT - May 27, 2009

Post by zim »

*listening*

first part - 29:16

second part - 1:36:10

Second part the interviewer asks David about F-H. Basically he says that their spending time working on newer material rather than learning the stuff he wasn't a part of. :huh: :huh:

also, David says they should be on a new label next month.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="zim"]

Second part the interviewer asks David about F-H. Basically he says that their spending time working on newer material rather than learning the stuff he wasn't a part of. :huh: :huh:[/quote]

That kind of makes sense to me though...

New label! I'm anxious to know which one...
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

there should be a petition made for david to learn f-h stuff
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="TAM TAM"]there should be a petition made for david to learn f-h stuff[/quote]

he really is a bitch for not wanting to learn that material. it wouldn't take no time at all to learn those songs, pete and trey obviously know them, I'm sure it wouldn't take thor anytime at all. it's not like MA have huge complex baselines
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Maybe every band member has an ego that's a little too big? ...........I don't know them in person so I can't tell.

But a band that's been around for so long, can have some issues in the long run.

Anyways, I for one can understand why they focus on the new material more than learning the Tucker-era songs. Although I agree it wouldn't be that much work...
Uros

Post by Uros »

He had plenty of time to learn those songs by now. That is, if he could get past his ego. Judging by how he performed Bil ur sag on this past tour, I don't wanna see them performing f-h songs with David at all.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Uros"]Judging by how he performed Bil ur sag on this past tour, I don't wanna see them performing f-h songs with David at all.[/quote]

I agree.
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Uros"]Judging by how he performed Bil ur sag on this past tour, I don't wanna see them performing f-h songs with David at all.[/quote]

I agree.[/quote]

really ? it was that bad?
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I guess it wasn't THAT bad... but I couldn't sense any soul or feeling in it... maybe because they're not his songs.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Void"]I guess it wasn't THAT bad... but I couldn't sense any soul or feeling in it... maybe because they're not his songs.[/quote]

I think we're all pretty upset that MA will probably never have sets filled with songs from F-H again but maybe it's best that those songs are left untouched by David. Like you said, they're not his songs. David doesn't have the voice or feeling for those songs anyway.
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Void"]I guess it wasn't THAT bad... but I couldn't sense any soul or feeling in it... maybe because they're not his songs.[/quote]

I think we're all pretty upset that MA will probably never have sets filled with songs from F-H again but maybe it's best that those songs are left untouched by David. Like you said, they're not his songs. David doesn't have the voice or feeling for those songs anyway.[/quote]

yeah.... worst part is, F-H have some of the best music that Trey has written
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="zim"]

I think we're all pretty upset that MA will probably never have sets filled with songs from F-H again but maybe it's best that those songs are left untouched by David. Like you said, they're not his songs. David doesn't have the voice or feeling for those songs anyway.[/quote]

yeah.... worst part is, F-H have some of the best music that Trey has written[/quote]
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
xpocalypse

Post by xpocalypse »

I cen't the file in the archive sites. And when I open click the link you posted a today's broadcast plays...

where's the interview? :/ :necro:
http://www.lastfm.pl/user/TorturePainKill

"Kill. Kill them all. Pigs written in blood on the walls..."