Trey Azagthoth the paradigm shifter

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Trey Azagthoth the paradigm shifter

Post by Mutilator »

<!-- m -->http://angemorbide.free.fr/interview33.html<!-- m -->

"The music is always so important. It's art; it's an expression. When I write Some riffs and stuff, I'm thinking I'm making a difference; I'm trying to add something that maybe will fuel other People In the some way that I was fueled and fed by Eddie Van Halen when he first appeared. To me he is the most Important living guitar player there 's, at least In America, because he changed so much.

I would like to change things. Maybe not on that scale, but I do have a lot of ideas, I am a paradigm shifter - In other words, I like to go out and try to build something from in here (taps chest). It doesn't matter what's cool today, it doesn't matter if it doesn't fit in. I write a song because ultimately I wanna press this song on CD with a great sound and be able to Sit down and enjoy it. That is a total self-indulgence. I wrote the riff for "where the slime" and to me that had to be built. When I listen to it I think it's a wonderful thing. The next step is when I can share that with others."

Question is what a paradigm shifter actually is? A Paradigm is a group way of thinking; so on what aspect(s) has he changed which group on it's way of thinking exactly? :huh:

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradigm_shift<!-- m -->
Abzu
Postwhore

Re: Trey Azagthoth the paradigm shifter

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Mutilator"] so on what aspect(s) has he changed which group on it's way of thinking exactly? :huh:[/quote]

[quote name="Trey"]When I write Some riffs and stuff, I'm thinking I'm making a difference; I'm trying to add something that maybe will fuel other People In the some way that I was fueled and fed by Eddie Van Halen when he first appeared. To me he is the most Important living guitar player there 's, at least In America, because he changed so much.[/quote]

I'd say he did so exactly as he described. How many guitarists now are very inspired by his way of playing and methodology? I have been very much inspired by him.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;