Existo Vulgoré *new song*

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness

Re: Existo Vulgoré *new song*

Post by LAVAGOD »

Has anyone else notices how songs like "Beneath the Hollow" "Curse the Flesh" "Praise and Strength" "Stricken Arise" "Within thy Enemy" and a little bit of "God of our own Divinity" "Nevermore" and "Existo Vulgore" all have the same tonality. Sure the choruses and riffs in the middle all vary but the main intro riffs all seem to have the same tone or sound kinda like a chug chug chug chug chug chaahhh chug chaahh chug chaaaahhhh chug chahhh chugga chugga chaahhh chug chaahhhh chugga Chaahahh chug chaah chug chahh chug. Sure the riffs are all cool and the songs are very interesting espesically on heretic each song has a cool riff in the middle, but why is there the same sounding riff over and over yeah there cool and it's easy to write those chug chahh riffs but I think Trey is overplaying them. Does anyone think maybe it's some type of occult thing (haha) but maybe the fret number of the tone has some type of meaning like if it's always the 3rd fret riff or it's always the wah chug wah maybe it's some tonality shut that Trey thinks is sacred haha! Or maybe he's plain out of riffs? Let me know your opinions :bang:
LAVA!!!
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="uni777"]Different dictionary:

existo: to become.

vulgo: to spread, publish, impart, make accessible.[/quote]

Where'd that duder who imparted his Latin knowledge on us about the album title go?
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

It's fresh, gets better after a bit of beer :greenie:
Svartmetall

Post by Svartmetall »

[quote name="Ninny"]It's fresh, gets better after a bit of beer :greenie:[/quote]

Many things do :D

It's grown on me, I found 'VULGOOOORRREEEE!' stuck n my head yesterday in work...
Uros

Post by Uros »

[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Has anyone else notices how songs like "Beneath the Hollow" "Curse the Flesh" "Praise and Strength" "Stricken Arise" "Within thy Enemy" and a little bit of "God of our own Divinity" "Nevermore" and "Existo Vulgore" all have the same tonality. Sure the choruses and riffs in the middle all vary but the main intro riffs all seem to have the same tone or sound kinda like a chug chug chug chug chug chaahhh chug chaahh chug chaaaahhhh chug chahhh chugga chugga chaahhh chug chaahhhh chugga Chaahahh chug chaah chug chahh chug. Sure the riffs are all cool and the songs are very interesting espesically on heretic each song has a cool riff in the middle, but why is there the same sounding riff over and over yeah there cool and it's easy to write those chug chahh riffs but I think Trey is overplaying them. Does anyone think maybe it's some type of occult thing (haha) but maybe the fret number of the tone has some type of meaning like if it's always the 3rd fret riff or it's always the wah chug wah maybe it's some tonality shut that Trey thinks is sacred haha! Or maybe he's plain out of riffs? Let me know your opinions :bang:[/quote]

Your observation is correct, all those songs are similar. That only goes to show how Trey has lost any interest in inventing new things as an artist, imo. Nowadays, he is not looking for new ways of expressing himself any more (save for the poor gabba crap or whatever the fuck that is cold). He had that very creative moment on H with experimental miking and two-songs-at-once thingy, I'll give him that.

No one is asking for another A or B or C or F, I would only like to feel that he is inspired, that he has a passion, but I don't feel it man. With David back in the fold, all the bad things are accented.

MA were always ahead of things, be them good or bad. With this new album they are just part of the stream. In my humble opinion anyway.

edit: remembering some part of a song doesn't necessary has to mean that it's good, or bad. I know some shitty pop music, it's stuck in my head, but I know that it's crap. And even if it was that way, I feel that MA were always above that lowest form of song appreciating, so to speak. They were so much more.

Dunno, I am just really bummed atm.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

For a genuine death metal song to actually stick after 1-2 listens, it sure is an achievement. Most death metal is barely memorable after half a dozen+ listens.

I rarely get pop hits stuck in my head from only a few listens, only after being forced to listen to them repeatedly.
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="DustyVagina"]What are you on about salad bar?The person who said he dosn't even listen to Death Metal anymore a while back?[/quote]

Say that to my face and we'll see what time do you call this![/quote]

You can't be over 17 years of age.If so,grow the fuck up and get a life.Noone is scared of you.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

you younguns need to go sit in your respective corners awhile fore you get the dunk tank
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
general lee
Neophyte

Post by general lee »

[quote name="Lavabug"]For a genuine death metal song to actually stick after 1-2 listens, it sure is an achievement. Most death metal is barely memorable after half a dozen+ listens.

[/quote]

Modern Death Metal, yes, the old classic stuff like the first MA, Deicide, Obituary, Entombed, Carcass, Death etc., no. When bands start out they have a drive and hunger and want global domination (no pun intended), they are very true to their ideals, have a certain image/mystique that is bigger than the collective in the group, put on killer shows and mean every single word of what they sing. After album number 3 or 4, and after some sort of moderate success they either a) stick to a tried and true formula or b) take a major left turn creatively and completely alienate their fanbase in search of some goal or glory that's completely beyond their reach because they have an "extreme" name. The reason most modern day death metal songs don't stick in the conscience is because they are shit. Many bands have horrible plastic productions and try to outblast each other, it's almost like a race.

In recent memory, the only new bands that I am genuinely excited about are Dead Congregation, Necros Christos, Teitanblood, Tribulation, Necrovation and Cruciamentum. All theses bands have what all the old bands had back in day. I highly recommend some of you guys checking out those bands, there's definately a higher power at work in their music :bang:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="general lee"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]For a genuine death metal song to actually stick after 1-2 listens, it sure is an achievement. Most death metal is barely memorable after half a dozen+ listens.

[/quote]

Modern Death Metal, yes, the old classic stuff like the first MA, Deicide, Obituary, Entombed, Carcass, Death etc., no.[/quote]

There are plenty of unmemorable early death metal tunes, including whole Deicide, CC, Obituary records, ... and Malevolent Creation. Unmemorable songs are not a novelty in death metal.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

I think the both of you are seeing things a little to black and white.

Though i must agree with the General that a lot bands nowadays seem to competing in a blast contest for the sake of being more extreme instead of writing songs.
general lee
Neophyte

Post by general lee »

[quote name="Lavabug"]

[/quote]

Modern Death Metal, yes, the old classic stuff like the first MA, Deicide, Obituary, Entombed, Carcass, Death etc., no.[/quote]

There are plenty of unmemorable early death metal tunes, including whole Deicide, CC, Obituary records, ... and Malevolent Creation. Unmemorable songs are not a novelty in death metal.[/quote]

So you mean to tell me that stuff like "Dead by Dawn" or "Hammer Smashed Face" or "Slowly We Rot", you can't remember how they go??? :sicken:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

i think you might be overlooking his point juuust ever so slightly there. for every hammer smashed face there's an ordain the hierarchy or a why bother or such like
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I thought I was being more moderate by rejecting the dogmatic notion that the quality/memorability of oldschool > newschool, by default.

Of course I know said tunes, but outside of 2-3 additional tracks from Obituary and CC, Legion, and a handful of other songs, I feel like I've already heard everything each of these bands has to offer (which I applaud).

Its bands like MA that keep me interested, because they make a lasting impact.
general lee
Neophyte

Post by general lee »

[quote name="Lavabug"]I thought I was being more moderate by rejecting the dogmatic notion that the quality/memorability of oldschool > newschool, by default.

Of course I know said tunes, but outside of 2-3 additional tracks from Obituary and CC, Legion, and a handful of other songs, I feel like I've already heard everything each of these bands has to offer (which I applaud).

Its bands like MA that keep me interested, because they make a lasting impact.[/quote]

Oh I see, I completely understand you now, in fact I'd nearly agree with how a lot of those bands became repetitive. But I have a major boner for the old stuff because it was around 1990/'91 when I got into death metal. 1991 was a crazy year for quality releases, Effigy Of The Forgotten, Human, Unquestionable Presence, Necroticism, From Beyond etc....

Back on topic though, I think EV is quite catchy. David Vincent's vocals are excellent, they just exude confidence, almost arrogant. I like the stop/start stuff in there too.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

That's amazing
SCYTHE_OF_ANTICHRIST
Neophyte

Post by SCYTHE_OF_ANTICHRIST »

[/quote]

Modern Death Metal, yes, the old classic stuff like the first MA, Deicide, Obituary, Entombed, Carcass, Death etc., no. When bands start out they have a drive and hunger and want global domination (no pun intended), they are very true to their ideals, have a certain image/mystique that is bigger than the collective in the group, put on killer shows and mean every single word of what they sing. After album number 3 or 4, and after some sort of moderate success they either a) stick to a tried and true formula or b) take a major left turn creatively and completely alienate their fanbase in search of some goal or glory that's completely beyond their reach because they have an "extreme" name. The reason most modern day death metal songs don't stick in the conscience is because they are shit. Many bands have horrible plastic productions and try to outblast each other, it's almost like a race.

In recent memory, the only new bands that I am genuinely excited about are Dead Congregation, Necros Christos, Teitanblood, Tribulation, Necrovation and Cruciamentum. All theses bands have what all the old bands had back in day. I highly recommend some of you guys checking out those bands, there's definately a higher power at work in their music :bang:[/quote]

For sure! Just got the latest NECROS CHRISTOS from Mors/Malte...a monument in performance,sound, and atmosphere...also NECROVATION is a TOTALLY and CRIMINALLY ignored band, all their demo stuff,full length, and latest 7" e.p. are fine definitions of what great modern death metal can be...and not just in the "Swedish" way....
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

So how do you view the change of direction in MA's musical development?

All the recordings you were/are involved with are as far as i know pure DeathMetal.

Please understand, i'm not trying to weasel you in badmouthing them but you've known them for years and from closer up as the lot of us.

I always wondered why you weren't a candidate for the 2nd guitarist.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Who is this man of mystery :mmno: ?
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Lavabug"]Who is this man of mystery :mmno: ?[/quote]
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Gene...

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7404">viewto ... &t=7404</a><!-- l -->

Awesome guitarist from a equally awesome band (RIP)
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

oh yeah! angelcorpse :bang:
general lee
Neophyte

Post by general lee »

[quote name="SCYTHE_OF_ANTICHRIST"]

[/quote]

In recent memory, the only new bands that I am genuinely excited about are Dead Congregation, Necros Christos, Teitanblood, Tribulation, Necrovation and Cruciamentum. All theses bands have what all the old bands had back in day. I highly recommend some of you guys checking out those bands, there's definately a higher power at work in their music :bang:[/quote]

For sure! Just got the latest NECROS CHRISTOS from Mors/Malte...a monument in performance,sound, and atmosphere...also NECROVATION is a TOTALLY and CRIMINALLY ignored band, all their demo stuff,full length, and latest 7" e.p. are fine definitions of what great modern death metal can be...and not just in the "Swedish" way....[/quote]

Cheers Gene :bang: Was only blasting Exterminate earlier funnily enough. How's the Apocalypse Command full lenght coming along? The demo is savage and is constant rotation in this house.

Yeah, new Necros Christos is amazing, great atmosphere, oozes evil. took me a while to get my head around it.
SCYTHE_OF_ANTICHRIST
Neophyte

.............I guess to reply to some of the last posts....I had to laugh when I was in Europe in 2008 on the MILITANT ANTICHRIST tour with ANGELCORPSE/REVENGE/ARKHON INFAUSTUS just how many times daily people would ask me, or in some cases were CONVINCED that I would be the "new" MA player...bear in mind that that tour was right at the time the whole youtube thingy was going on about the MA auditioning people...A) I guess i don't have the tech to put up youtube videos, B) I have/had my own band and we we're doing a quite successful and utterly violent tour with the other bands involved, C) because of my own creative reasons I would'nt want dribble out songs/riffs into yet another band when I've got more than one of my own.....Soooooooo, despite a longtime fan of the band, I just did NOT want to go there at all...

My opinion on the new MA? The only song i've heard is what i believe is the song "Blades of Baal" (at the time i heard it a month or so ago i didn't know the title...just that Vincent was growling something that sounded like "Flames of Hell" which i assume now was actually "Blades of Baal"...).....totally rough mix, completely blasting "Domination" era type song, with a heavy MYRKSKOG/ZYKLON style, due to it being a Thor song...I don't really follow mp3 or blog postings so even this "Existo" tune or even "Nevermore" i'm not too familar with...Anyways from that one "metal" track I would say on a positive note that if you like the "Domination" era MA and you are into the MYRKSOG stuff too that you can likely get into at least the "metal" tracks....

.......APOCALYPSE COMMAND? The FINAL masters for the "Damnation Scythes of Invincible Abomination" debut full length were just received by the label, INVICTUS PRODUCTIONS(Ireland) and the release is expected for May. It is absurd how long it took to get all the artwork and other whatnot completed for this thing...you can hear a rough mix sample track of it at:

myspace.com/blasphemicapocalypse

Oh and while I'm at it (floating my own boat) check out the post/ANGELCORPSE stuff at myspace.com/perditiontemple
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:xx: :bang:

Y'know... you should post more. You seem like a pretty cool duder.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
xpocalypse

Post by xpocalypse »

This is my first day with this song and....

I really fckn miss the vibe of Formulas and Gateways, but wait a minute... we already have these albums. Both of them are complete pieces of art so let's let leave that.

This really is NEW MA with some nice portion of brutality and energy and I like it. I find riffage mediocre, its too simple but it still has a cool drive. The solo is way below my expectations, I hope to hear more mind-twisting soloing and guitar work on the rest of the album.

Vocals are great, not sure about the lyrics yet but fuck, this and the guitars are not boring - they are designed to be played live. This song will be awesome to hear live - straightforward blow in the face...

Right now Im SO WAITING for the whole album. This bought me!
http://www.lastfm.pl/user/TorturePainKill

"Kill. Kill them all. Pigs written in blood on the walls..."
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

I just love the rythmic fragments and the arrangement. It's so living and groovy. You can really hear that the arrangement is worked out to 100%. How the vocals is comming in, this is what I love the most. David Vincent is so powerful, he has a way of phrasing certain words wich makes it very powerful and groovy. It's all genius. And the guitars! Wow! I'm really excited about this song actually, I like this more than Heretic or Gateways. Those albums were great, I love them but they're so digital sounding. I definatly get some Domination feeling from this.

Also, welcome to the board Gene!
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I continue to have the middle part stuck in my head and it's the best part of the song, pretty massive.

Still not overall satisfied but I'm gonna leave it until the album comes out.
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="Void"]I continue to have the middle part stuck in my head and it's the best part of the song, pretty massive.

Still not overall satisfied but I'm gonna leave it until the album comes out.[/quote]

The midtempo part with the chromatic riffing?
Cybermetatron

Post by Cybermetatron »

[quote name="general lee"]In recent memory, the only new bands that I am genuinely excited about are Dead Congregation, Necros Christos, Teitanblood, Tribulation, Necrovation and Cruciamentum. All theses bands have what all the old bands had back in day. I highly recommend some of you guys checking out those bands, there's definately a higher power at work in their music :bang:[/quote]

In the same vein I also recommend Stench Of Decay and Krypts: new bands playing old-school death-metal ! :bang:
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="Cybermetatron"]
[quote name="general lee"]In recent memory, the only new bands that I am genuinely excited about are Dead Congregation, Necros Christos, Teitanblood, Tribulation, Necrovation and Cruciamentum. All theses bands have what all the old bands had back in day. I highly recommend some of you guys checking out those bands, there's definately a higher power at work in their music :bang:[/quote]

In the same vein I also recommend Stench Of Decay and Krypts: new bands playing old-school death-metal ! :bang:[/quote]

There's a whole load of these kind of bands to explore. I'd second Cruciamentum and add Mutant Supremacy, Horrendous, The Wakedead Gathering, Vortilich and Deathevokation.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Maze"]
[quote name="Void"]I continue to have the middle part stuck in my head and it's the best part of the song, pretty massive.

Still not overall satisfied but I'm gonna leave it until the album comes out.[/quote]

The midtempo part with the chromatic riffing?[/quote]

Yep.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

like duh

it's the most unmistakeably Morbid Angel sounding part of the song
SCYTHE_OF_ANTICHRIST
Neophyte

heard this "existo" tune the other night, soundwise it is right there with "Blades of Baal", just obviously a "Trey" song vs. a "Thor" song...

all in all both so far are solid death metal songs from a longtime band...

I've run into people around who exibit such total rancor for this album and they have not heard ANYTHING at all!!! It is something i've never really run into before in conversations, it is as if some want to "will" this album to be bad...like it will make everything O.K.(for them) if the new MA is a fail....

I'm sure there will be some weirdness on the record with the techno or Hard Dance(as Trey calls it) but with the 2 studio cuts for the "metal" stuff I've heard this album will saddle right there with the other records...

And awwww pooooo...if someone really can't handle this new one, I'm sure there will be at least 10 other albums that come out the same week that they'll be able to gush over....

of course all in my most humble of opinions....
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

[quote name="general lee"]Any opinions?? First impressions?[/quote]

:thingy:

I like it!

I can hear the BASS fuck yeah!!!

[edit]
Fuck 'em
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

[quote name="Void"]I think I have to come to the conclusion, IMHO, that this is a totally new Morbid Angel. And for me, it doesn't have anything to do with their previous work, except for maybe some riffs that were a bit Heretic-ish. Of course I'd have to hear this song, and the rest, in the context of the album and maybe then it will make sense to me. But judging only on this one song, it feels like a new, different band.[/quote]

Feeling this same way Void. :idea: I have it on loop right now and each pass and listen I am hearing something new and different and it is sinking nice and deep into the cranial matter. I like that growl he does around 1:41. It IS different and hell with Pete not being there, technically it IS a different Morbid Angel but this song is kicking. I keep liking it more and more. June can not get here soon enough.
Fuck 'em
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE TITS"]Wonder why this hasn't made it to youtube yet.[/quote]

I got my copy from YouTube and it is even better sounding I than the MediaFire link. I can't post from work but search for this and see: Morbid Angel - Existo Vulgore HQ
Fuck 'em
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE devy's clits"]Wonder why this hasn't made it to youtube yet.[/quote]

I got my copy from YouTube and it is even better sounding I than the MediaFire link. I can't post from work but search for this and see: Morbid Angel - Existo Vulgore HQ[/quote]

It can't be... the mediafire one is a VBR? :huh:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="SCYTHE_OF_ANTICHRIST"]heard this "existo" tune the other night, soundwise it is right there with "Blades of Baal", just obviously a "Trey" song vs. a "Thor" song...

all in all both so far are solid death metal songs from a longtime band...

I've run into people around who exibit such total rancor for this album and they have not heard ANYTHING at all!!! It is something i've never really run into before in conversations, it is as if some want to "will" this album to be bad...like it will make everything O.K.(for them) if the new MA is a fail....

I'm sure there will be some weirdness on the record with the techno or Hard Dance(as Trey calls it) but with the 2 studio cuts for the "metal" stuff I've heard this album will saddle right there with the other records...

And awwww pooooo...if someone really can't handle this new one, I'm sure there will be at least 10 other albums that come out the same week that they'll be able to gush over....

of course all in my most humble of opinions....[/quote]

No doubt in my mind there are a lot of people who want to see them loose face in an epic faliure.

Believe me i'm not one of them.

I know i have been very critical about Existo. As i feel some of the old vibes are missing. Whereas the older stuff had this mystical aura i felt through the music. I do not in this case.

Perhaps i expected something which they are not. And do i have some romantisized image of the Band.

If my critisizm came across as badmouthing them, i sincerely apologise.
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="pulsar"]I think that I will enjoy the album as a whole. I also think that when Pete returns for J, it will be fucking astounding. Funny, I've never thought of myself as an optimist before, but this is certainly a wholly optimistic viewpoint, non?[/quote]

Will Pete return? I keep reading shit about he has quit the band, but that seems like BS as he is just recovering. Hopefully just false Internet rumor shit.
Fuck 'em
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i honestly think this will be the last morbid angel album
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="M.Bison"]
[quote name="Conservative_Heretic"]
[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE devy's clits"]Wonder why this hasn't made it to youtube yet.[/quote]

I got my copy from YouTube and it is even better sounding I than the MediaFire link. I can't post from work but search for this and see: Morbid Angel - Existo Vulgore HQ[/quote]

It can't be... the mediafire one is a VBR? :huh:[/quote]

Bison I may have downloaded a different one that what was posted here. a fellating lover sent me the link and I pulled it down this morning, literally was not even out of bed yet. It sounded good, but then I did the YouTube rip of it and found it a good bit more powerful. But since it is VBR I will try it out tonight.
Fuck 'em
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One

[quote name="zim"]i honestly think this will be the last morbid angel album[/quote]

I don't know Zim. Looking from a purely business perspective a LOT will depend on sales. I would be curious as to what kind of presale numbers have been generated so far. The YouTube I mentioned earlier I ripped from already had 50k views since uploaded yesterday, that seems impressive, but I could be wrong. Ultimately I think the sales and showing will be a big determiner.

I do agree with others though that this is a new Morbid Angel and I think that this album will be like the others - different. Maybe some if it is the having been so long since being in studio, perhaps the do so much of the festival type events now and this song GROWLS for liveness. I am imagining over a massive sound system, Fuck yeah! Though if you are speaking in a spiritual sense(for lack of a better word) then we will have to wait for the entire album. :santa:

On one hand I desire a "leak" of more now than ever yet I also don't want tot see potential sales diminished for them.
Fuck 'em
Humwawa
Mature Neophyte

Post by Humwawa »

It surprises me some of you guys think of "Existo" as something new and groundbreaking. Just like 'Nevermore' it is just classic Morbid Angel from beginning to end!

Those two songs are just in the vein of a lot of the C-D-F-H material. You must be deaf not to hear that.

Don't get me wrong, they're great songs but the reason I loved Morbid Angel since 1989 is for their trendsetting abilities. So I'm looking forward to the rest of the stuff, which really promises to shock the metal world.

ALL HAILS TO THE TRUE INNOVATORS :xx:
VARG

Post by VARG »

[quote name="Humwawa"]It surprises me some of you guys think of "Existo" as something new and groundbreaking. Just like 'Nevermore' it is just classic Morbid Angel from beginning to end!

Those two songs are just in the vein of a lot of the C-D-F-H material. You must be deaf not to hear that.

Don't get me wrong, they're great songs but the reason I loved Morbid Angel since 1989 is for their trendsetting abilities. So I'm looking forward to the rest of the stuff, which really promises to shock the metal world.

ALL HAILS TO THE TRUE INNOVATORS :xx:[/quote]

Nevermore sounds like Heretic to me only better! Existo sounds something between a little bit of Covenant and Domination only more modern I think.

Whatever, it IS 100% Morbid Angel.
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="VARG"]Existo sounds something between a little bit of Covenant and Domination only more modern I think.[/quote]

:idea:
VARG

Post by VARG »

[quote name="zim"]i honestly think this will be the last morbid angel album[/quote]

Me too. unfortunately :(

Because of everything that's been going on lately; Trey getting into techno and his obvious growing desinterest in Death metal, Pete's injury and uncertainty about his return and the ridiculously long time it took them to make the new album.

Still if so, I don't understand why a band would reunite with it's original vocalist to make just one album and then quit.
general lee
Neophyte

Post by general lee »

[quote name="VARG"]

Still if so, I don't understand why a band would reunite with it's original vocalist to make just one album and then quit.[/quote]

Seems to be the trend lately what with Judas Priest and Nevermore. Hopefully not the case here though.
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="VARG"]

Still if so, I don't understand why a band would reunite with it's original vocalist to make just one album and then quit.[/quote]

Seems to be the trend lately what with Judas Priest and Nevermore. Hopefully not the case here though.[/quote]

I thought Nevermore had a completely stable lineup apart from their second guitarist?
general lee
Neophyte

Post by general lee »

[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]
[quote name="VARG"]

Seems to be the trend lately what with Judas Priest and Nevermore. Hopefully not the case here though.[/quote]

I thought Nevermore had a completely stable lineup apart from their second guitarist?[/quote]

Apparently not. Loomis and Van Williams quit this week.