Dream Theater - 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Svartmetall

Dream Theater - 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'

Post by Svartmetall »

if you like DT but have been a bit 'meh' about the last few studio albums...my copy turned up today. This the best album they've done since '6 Degrees...'! I've gotten more of a buzz from just listening to this today than from any new DT stuff for a long time; it always takes a while to absorb everything that's going on on a DT album, but I can already tell this is going to be one of my most-listened-to studio CDs by them.

So, basically, if you were wavering...buy it, it's really good.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Re: Dream Theater - 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings'

Post by Shredlord »

Hell yeah! The opening track even has a little blast beat in it! And a lot of the songs have some pretty fast double-bass. It's not Morbid Angel fruital, but it's still pretty damn heavy for them. I bought the 3-CD set--the disc of covers is great, especially Rainbow's "Stargazer." The third disc is an instrumental version of the main CD, so if you don't like James Labrie's voice, that is the disc for you!
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

I don't have the courage for the experience of listening a full Dream Theatre album. I admit it.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

I'll have to check the album when I get to it.