hey stormy

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

hey stormy

Post by droidspawn »

what are your thoughts on arcade fire? youre more than likely the only dude on here besides myself that fancies them. neon bible is my favorite just because that was my introduction to them but i think the suburbs is their best work. havent heard reflektor. funeral needs more spins, i like it a lot but its definitely my least listened to of the three that ive heard.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Re: hey stormy

Post by jawn galliano »

i think i got through reflektor once and deleted it, i didn't click with the single they were using to promote it and the album didn't do anything to turn the initial impressions around. might go back to revisit at some point to see if my thoughts have changed on it, but i haven't felt compelled thus far

suburbs was my introduction and for a while was definitely my favorite, but i think at this point i'd rate them neon bible > funeral > suburbs. it's a great album, but quality-wise i think is the most uneven of their releases (in that the really great standout tracks seem kinda counterbalanced by a few major duds that i routinely skip over). whereas neon bible doesn't have any bad tracks

i haven't jammed arcade fire in quite a long time though, i might bust those out over the weekend and reassess :bulb:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

:gay:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i only listened to suburbs today, but i think i've settled on: wasted hours and the half lights should've been cut, and probably city with no children as well. if you pulled those it'd go from really good to flawless :idea:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyp34v6Lmcc

the motherload of all jams. and that video is ace to go along with it
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

hmm, i thought that was a peter gabriel song but it looks like he just covered it. i like his version more though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTZQ2IB_x7c
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

so uhh there's a new single out. if you absolutely cannot get enough of the disco/dance-pop stylings of sprawl and also the whole entire last album, well, here you go:

:oldryan:::::::::::::::
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

That was abysmal, ugh.