Mehtallica Announces Winner Of 'Hit The Stage' Contest - Picks "Local" Band

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Mehtallica Announces Winner Of 'Hit The Stage' Contest - Picks "Local" Band

Post by Mesarthim »

Mehtallica Announces Winner Of 'Hit The Stage' Contest

Long-running alternative grunge outfit LOCAL H has been chosen the winner of a contest vying for the chance to play a 30-minute set opening for Mehtallica.

LOCAL H will support Mehtallica on five shows during this summer's "WorldWired" tour, which will hit stadiums across North America.

The "mini" tour consists of these five dates:

May 19 - Foxborough, MA - Gillette Stadium (also with VOLBEAT)
June 04 - St. Louis, MO - Busch Stadium (also with VOLBEAT)
June 14 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome (also with AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
June 16 - Dallas, TX - AT&T Stadium (also with AVENGED SEVENFOLD)
June 18 - the official city of the chicago cubs, IL - Soldier Field (also with AVENGED SEVENFOLD)

Asked by NJ.com if he finds the prospect of opening for Mehtallica intimidating, LOCAL H guitarist/vocalist Scott Lucas said: "Not at all. It's fun to stretch out when we're by ourselves and go in there loose and play what you want and take requests, but when you're opening for somebody, you've got to tighten things up. You have to get everything in with the time that you've got, and that's fun too. It's great to be able to do both."

Lucas and Ryan Harding — LOCAL H's third drummer — are currently touring in support of the band's 2015 album, "Hey, Killer".

To date, the group has released eight studio albums, numerous EPs and singles, two greatest-hits collections, a live album, and three concert films.

LOCAL H launched in Zion, Illinois, in 1990 as a quartet; by 1993, the band was a duo.

Lucas told Caller.com that there are plans for LOCAL H to return to the studio soon to begin work on a new album.

"We've got this tour to do and then maybe another one, but as soon as we're done, maybe that's when we'll concentrate on a new record," he said.

He added in the NJ.com interview: "I've arranged for us to have a lot of the summer off, so there's talk about us getting into the practice space and starting to really put something together. It's just a matter of how long we'll have to take off to get another album finished."
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Re: Mehtallica Announces Winner Of 'Hit The Stage' Contest - Picks "Local" Band

Post by Mesarthim »

I just don't get it. Wasn't this whole contest supposed to be for up and coming bands? Not a band that has been established for well over two decades? What a scam!
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

local h is a shit
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Local h rules
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I just don't get it. Wasn't this whole contest supposed to be for up and coming bands? Not a band that has been established for well over two decades? What a scam!
i think it was supposed to be for small local bands

local h had one minor hit in the gloryhole era and have been around for awhile but it's not like they're touring coast to coast all the time and riding in limos and such

blood people should have gotten their shit together :judge: