new aic record (hey ryan)

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

new aic record (hey ryan)

Post by droidspawn »

ALICE IN CHAINS will enter Studio X in Seattle later this month to begin recording the long-awaited follow-up to 2013's "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" album for a tentative early 2018 release. Helming the sessions once again will be Nick Raskulinecz, who produced the band's last two studio efforts, 2009's "Black Gives Way To Blue" and the aforementioned "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here".

During an appearance on the "Let There Be Talk" podcast, ALICE IN CHAINS bassist Mike Inez said (hear audio below): "We're going back home to do a record, really. The last two [albums] were [recorded] in L.A., and they were cool. I just feel in 2017, it's time for ALICE IN CHAINS to go back to Seattle — drink that water, breathe that air. My HEART family's up there. There's just such a history — every street corner for us is a memory; crazy shit happened or some beautiful stuff. Seattle's a really special place, especially this time of year. It's the best."

According to Inez, ALICE IN CHAINS is not currently signed to a label, having completed its previous two-record contract with the Universal Music Group. "This [upcoming album], we're not sure where it's gonna land," the bassist said. "We wanna partner with somebody, and we'll see where it goes. I mean, we financed ['Black Gives Way To Blue'] on our own too, so we're not too worried about that stuff. We've just gotta get it out to… ALICE is a global band, so it has to be a significant label that has the infrastructure where you can get this stuff in stores in, like, fucking Singapore when we play or South America… wherever."

Studio X, which was originally owned by Ann and Nancy Wilson of the band HEART under the name Bad Animals, was the studio where ALICE IN CHAINS recorded its 1995 self-titled album.

I hope its more varied. bgwtb but even more experimental with william singing lead on lets say half the record this time (6 tracks) instead of 2-3 like the previous two albums. Pretty excited theyre back in Seattle for it.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Re: new aic record (hey ryan)

Post by rhino »

yup, can't wait. hard to believe tdpdh is almost 5 years old already, and i want william to take more lead this time too :xx:
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

This will be the worst album under the Alice in Chains name
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:pepper:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Doubt it
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Been jamming both bgwtb and tdpdh the last few days. I like tdpdh but bgwtb really blows it out of the water still, for me. I skip a lot of the tracks on devil while I only skip take her out on blue.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

i find that i tired out a few songs on tdpdh, which is not like me when it comes to alice in chains
Aðalsteinn
Metal God

Post by Aðalsteinn »

I am excited for this :akane:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

william can do so much more as a vocalist than he currently is in aic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wajvPECty4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHSh9sJDaws