Pearl jam tickets sold in 7 minutes

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Ninny
Metal God

Pearl jam tickets sold in 7 minutes

Post by Ninny »

Ziggodome is something like 14.000 seats ;) Berlin is close but one ticket is €97,- :huh: That ticketbastard affair is long forgotten. I think I'll wait :idea:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Re: Pearl jam tickets sold in 7 minutes

Post by rhino »

dang yall
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Both london shows were sold out instantly and not long after were already up for resale at 3x-5x the ticket price.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:shakefist:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

chinese bots :hard-on bearer:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

7 minutes is an eternity! big releases like that are typically botted within seconds. i'm also reasonably certain ticketmaster also allocates a large chunk of their tickets for big events to affiliated third party resellers, which probably doesn't help.

i remember the first FNM reunion show in boston was sold out instantly, but TM immediately had listings for resale tickets at a large multiple of the face value.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Yup and even if you get a fan club or some other kind of presale the seats available are usually hot garbage.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

eh, the more this kind of shit happens maybe artists and governments will do something about it.

from a "sold out" show at Wembley Stadium in London. A huge portion of tickets were bought up by bots/scalpers and sold at huge markups - so even if they only sell a fraction of those tickets the scalpers still make a profit. some Artists like Iron Maiden and U2 have acted by requiring the credit card used or an ID of at least 1 party member to be presented when entering the gates. It's a start.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i went to maiden this summer and i can assure you no such measures were taken. those were fan club presale tickets, which actually weren't bad at all -- not as good as the ones we got for the 2012 show, but nothing to sneeze at.

anyway i don't think it's something artists have an awful lot of control over, since they have zero control over who owns the major venues and ticketing contracts. this is something that could've at least been partially addressed by the FTC, but like every single other case that came up before them, they rubber-stamped the merger of ticketmaster and livenation, subject to some toothless token provisions. thanks, obama!