Hey Ryan

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Hey Ryan

Post by droidspawn »

What do you think of the new apc record?
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Re: Hey Ryan

Post by rhino »

need more listens, i was underwhelmed to be honest, it feels like it could be a grower, i do like some songs quite alright but can't do a top 3 or anything. so long and thanks for all the fish is whats stuck in my head the most. different, but exactly what i was expecting

i will have to soak it up more :santa:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

talktalk is pretty :xx:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

I enjoy 8 of the 12 tracks. The opening track is plodding, overlong and boring as all hell. 2-7 is where it's at. 8 is another snoozer. 9 is filler instrumental. Idk what maynard was thinking with the effects on his vocals for track 10, it sucks. Feathers is good shit. Get the lead out has a hip hop beat and I surprisingly love it, catchy as fuck

Definitely their weakest without a doubt. Listened to it about 6-7 times so far

TalkTalk is my second or third favorite. I'll always be in favor of sticking it to Christians and their do as I say not as I do bullshit
So Long and Thanks for all the fish is amazing. Really dig the upbeat structure with the apocalyptic, doom lyrics and themes only Maynard can do.
By and Down the River is proably my favorite track.
Disillusioned grow on me a lot
The Contrarian is weird with Maynard's super high pitched verses but it's a grower too and one of my favs
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

I've yet to hear it. :bulb: Must unsard to remember to listen to said...too much stuff going on at the workplace lately. :wall: