Hey Stormy

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Ninny
Metal God

Hey Stormy

Post by Ninny »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Walfqpd59xs
Nasa had a successful flyby of Ultima Thule, this news made me wonder...does Blut Aus Nord - Ultima Thulée has some kind of space theme?
Ninny
Metal God

Re: Hey Stormy

Post by Ninny »

:huh:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i don't imagine so, i'm pretty sure the ultima thule referenced in the first BAN album was more a reference to the classical notion of an impossibly-northern land. difficult to say with any certainty though because i don't think the lyrics are published (and they're likely french anyway so even if they were i'd have no insight, i don't speak anything besides english :redneck:), but those first couple of releases were pretty conventional in terms of aesthetics.

they didn't really start delving into any space-inspired stuff until much later, and i doubt they have much interest in particular locales within the universe besides.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

:xx:
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Image :al:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i've been listening to a lot of blut aus nord lately, specifically 777 - Cosmosophy
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

yeah the 777 series was fantastic. jammed parts 2 and 3 obsessively in particular. really hard to go wrong with any era of BAN, they've had a few releases here and there that didn't really hook me but on the whole they've been uncommonly consistent at putting out good ass tunes