new deftones record

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

new deftones record

Post by droidspawn »

Abe just said in a live chat today that it was supposed to come out July 24. Now it’s “pushed back slightly” because of corona :necro:

I wonder how long pushed back slightly is. Also Abe played like 3 seconds of a new track on his phone but it sounded like steph just jamming out a plain-ish riff. Wasn’t very exciting tbh. Granted it was 3 seconds haha.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Re: new deftones record

Post by rhino »

I'm not feeling much excitement for it at the moment, it would be great if they pulled off something like diamond eyes or Kyn even, but it's a guessing game at this point
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

And bands (record labels) need to quit delaying shit because of the virus, everybody is fucking streaming it anyway. The physical copies are being ordered online, no ones going to fucking fye to buy it or some shit. Just put it out for the fans and tour when its possible
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Damn, I'm being a bit hostile :redneck:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

rhino wrote:And bands (record labels) need to quit delaying shit because of the virus, everybody is fucking streaming it anyway. The physical copies are being ordered online, no ones going to fucking fye to buy it or some shit. Just put it out for the fans and tour when its possible

This. So much this. I mean fucking Best Buy doesn’t even sell cds anymore. And are there even any fyes left? carcass pisses me off most of all. Album due August 7. Then postpone it indefinitely? What a fucking joke. Release it digitally for purchase. Record labels are so worthless.

Also the new tones record has way more steph/guitars. It’s been known from interviews for a while since they recorded it over a couple year period like how they used to do it old school pre diamond eyes. I guarantee it’ll be better than gore. They realize how they fucked up with gore. That’s why terry date produced the new record again. Plus they haven’t played any songs off gore live for the last 3 years and it only came out 4 years ago. I know you’re not the biggest deftones fan but have faith!
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

I will have faith when I hear the first single!
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

fair enough :santa:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

I listened to that clip and that riff is massive. You can hear the drums for a second and they are loud as hell. That classic Terry date sound :idea:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Album out in September (no day announced) :idea:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

yeah I heard about this yesterday. Apparently he also revealed the title of the new album is “Ohms” in the same interview but management had it edited out. It was all over reddit yesterday.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Just heard a minute clip of a new song. It was from someone’s cell phone so it sounded like shit and I couldn’t make out anything really.
Aðalsteinn
Metal God

Post by Aðalsteinn »

What would you predict, jorsh, if Eros sees the light of day eventually? Optimistic? Concerning quality of material of course.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Im not jorsh, but chino said recently that they may release Eros as an ep "someday", so my guess is never
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Do I think Eros in any form (full length, ep, another single like smile) will ever come out? Nope. I mean they’ve literally been talking about releasing it in some form or another since they shelved it in 2008. 12 years ago already. I honestly couldn’t care less about it and I have zero optimism. I want the new album dammit. If it’s September, make an official announcement already. They are making me nervous that it’ll be pushed back to spring 2021 :waa:
Aðalsteinn
Metal God

Post by Aðalsteinn »

I still find the fact that the Deftones is someone’s all time favorite band a little weird :huh:
Not trying to be an ass, just a weird place to start (and end) an affection for a band. Sure they had some super cool albums, but nothing I’d call a true masterpiece. I guess White Pony is regarded as such by some folks though.

That being said, I respect the hell out of that jorsh, and I truly hope they come up with something mega awesome :xx:
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

COC, Soundgarden, Deftones, you have to stop now señor alberto
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

:redneck:
Aðalsteinn
Metal God

Post by Aðalsteinn »

Ninny wrote:COC, Soundgarden, Deftones, you have to stop now señor alberto
I might just take this advice :redneck:
I was planning on a little Crowbar action later today :eek: :gaylol:

To be perfectly clear though I AM A DEFTONES fan and I think jorsh knows this. I cut my teeth on Around The Fur and Adrenaline.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

:santa:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

almost 3 minutes of a new song in shit quality but im hard
rhino
PAWG Hunter