Mayhem

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs
Metal God

Mayhem

Post by Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs »

Okay so I didn't include their entire discography.

My vote goes to De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. Attila Csihar is one my favorite black metal vocalists and of course, this album contains some of the best Mayhem songs such as "Funeral Fog", "Freezing Moon" and "Pagan Fears". Deathcrush is my second choice because of Dead's performance and for "Deathcrush".

:grim:

shadowalk
Metal God

Re: Mayhem

Post by shadowalk »

DMDS...that intro to Pagan Fears is one of my most memorable headbang moments. :bang: And yes Attila wins and I hope he stays with them...coz Maniac just sucks.
Metal God

Yeah, Mayhem continuing without Maniac would be a wonderful thing. I can handle his vocals in small doses (ie: Wurdulak).

ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

I go with DMDS cause it has the best mayhem classics in a good remake. and I fucking love the cover also (ok is not so important but...)

I honestly don't know their latest albums

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Metal God

Ordo Ad Chao is fucking brilliant, AOD. I think you would like it so you should try to get a copy of it somehow. :)

ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

tnX 4 the advice shitty :grimsanta:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Metal God

No problem, love. :grimsanta:

-M-
Ancient One

Post by -M- »

Grand Declaration of War
djonni greazo
Ancient One

Post by djonni greazo »

[quote name="shitty the sandwitch"]

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas... Attila Csihar

:grim:[/quote]

no further words are required :grimsanta:

but Ordo ad Chao is a very close second
:xx: Image :xx:
Mortuary Riot

Post by Mortuary Riot »

I already said Mehem but in all honesty its just Attila. I cant stand his vocals. But Freezing Moon has the coolest intro to any song ever. DMDS!
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

dmds :beer:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I have a hard time choosing between De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas and Deathcrush but in the end I choose DMDS because it is darker and Attila's vocals are :grim:

I like Mediolanum Capta Est's live version of the song Deathcrush better than any other version, by the way.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

that's the best version hands down (and one of my favorite live albums period, for that matter), followed by ophthalamia's cover from the euronymous tribute.
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

basically every album wins, gdow gets shitted on a lot but the guitar work is pure brilliance. ordo ad chao has to be my favorite album, though, cover to cover.
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="shitty the sandwitch"]My vote goes to De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. Attila Csihar is one my favorite black metal vocalists and of course, this album contains some of the best Mayhem songs such as "Funeral Fog", "Freezing Moon" and "Pagan Fears". Deathcrush is my second choice because of Dead's performance and for "Deathcrush".

:grim:[/quote]

I approve of this statement.

I also approve of the original version of Freezing Moon with Dead:

[youtube]o6jOWlUmp-A[/youtube]

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]that's the best version hands down (and one of my favorite live albums period, for that matter)[/quote]

This. I really like the live Emperor stuff better, though.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Metal God

[quote name="Mortuary Riot"]I already said Mehem but in all honesty its just Attila. I cant stand his vocals. But Freezing Moon has the coolest intro to any song ever. DMDS![/quote]

So...you're the homosexual ass pirate who chose the last option. :lol:

Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="abzu"]
[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]that's the best version hands down (and one of my favorite live albums period, for that matter)[/quote]

This. I really like the live Emperor stuff better, though.[/quote]

As I've said before, Emperor cannot be fucked with. I like everything they've put out, although Emperor/Wrath and Nightside are clearly their best.

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I confess, I laugh when I hear the clean part to the song de Mysteriis dom Sathanas. everything else is 100% Grade A WIN :xx: :grim:
;,,;
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

Tara, you are a homo :)
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

scunt.
Metal God

Post by scunt. »

Mayhem blow
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jorsh">
Omg Ali is so hot I want to fuck both nostrils, earholes, even his armpits and elbows. Basically I want to fuck him everywhere except his ass and mouth.

To jizzfinity and beyond
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hitoshura">
also when you exit an unsuccessful interview you should just leave them with: 'if you can't slam with the best, you'll just have to jam with the rest'
</blockquote>
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
Ancient One

Post by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man »

the two songs on the Freezing Moon single are far and away the best work they've ever done
[quote name="Verbal"]i would hate to be raped by an ugly person[/quote]

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]This kinds of stuff are very gay cause is involved the brain, not the penis[/quote]
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i like how the last option was changed. :krinor:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

[quote name="zim"]i like how the last option was changed. :krinor:[/quote]
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Mortuary Riot

Post by Mortuary Riot »

[quote name="shitty the sandwitch"]
[quote name="Mortuary Riot"]I already said Mehem but in all honesty its just Attila. I cant stand his vocals. But Freezing Moon has the coolest intro to any song ever. DMDS![/quote]

So...you're the homosexual ass pirate who chose the last option. :lol:[/quote]

I guess you didn't catch the DMDS! I don't not like them. I just don't care for Attila.
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

I like how you left off Dawn of the Black Hearts. Fuck that shit.

Metal God

I know I left out some releases. I like how you obviously did not read the first sentence in my original post. :)

jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

dawn of the blackhearts is a bootleg, and the demo material tacked on at the end is pretty much indiscernible from static. there are so many releases in the vein of blackhearts (e.g., live/bootleg/splits with material taken from the 80s-thru-DMDS era, etc.), far more than original full-length/EP releases, starting to include them in the poll would increase the options to probably 60 or so different items, a tenth of which are actually relevant.
Uros

Post by Uros »

I voted Leipzig gig, although DMDS comes really, really close (but Atilla's vocals throw me off from time to time).
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="shitty the sandwitch"]I know I left out some releases. I like how you obviously did not read the first sentence in my original post. :)[/quote]

I like how you're missing my point, dear. Most people are too concerned with looking kvlt (and hence needing to like it) and would have probably put it in, completely in denial that it is in fact a rancid pile of shit, so there you go.

Perhaps I should've worded it "I'm glad you left off ....." or "Good for you..."

Also: double points for spelling "sentence" correctly. Anyone who puts an "a" in that word should be beaten. Same with "definitely."

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="shitty the sandwitch"]I know I left out some releases. I like how you obviously did not read the first sentence in my original post. :)[/quote]

I like how you're missing my point, dear. Most people are too concerned with looking kvlt (and hence needing to like it) and would have probably put it in, completely in denial that it is in fact a rancid pile of shit, so there you go.

Perhaps I should've worded it "I'm glad you left off ....." or "Good for you..."

Also: double points for spelling "sentence" correctly. Anyone who puts an "a" in that word should be beaten. Same with "definitely."[/quote]

I agree with this (especially the part about beatings!). However, I didn't see the point for the last line. People do a lot of stupid things. For instance, many people :akane: fuck up they're their there.
;,,;
Sarcofago

Post by Sarcofago »

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Wolf's Lair Abyss

:xx:
Aðalsteinn
Metal God

Post by Aðalsteinn »

I can't really see anyone choosing anything other than DMDS. It stands head and shoulders above the rest of the material...well at least in my mind, I think the poll answers this perfectly.

And even though these endless bootlegs are mostly piles of shit there were at least one or two that contained some interesting versions....the name "Out from the Dark" or something rings a bell. I might have to dig this up.

Dawn of the blackhearts of course was only famous for the delicious cover. Cant beat blood, a gun, a knive and brain matter :santa:
All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom<br />
and a poom-poom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP