Varg To Be Played By 'Twilight' Heartthrob In Upcoming Movie

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Varg To Be Played By 'Twilight' Heartthrob In Upcoming Movie

Post by Mesarthim »

BURZUM Mastermind To Be Played By 'Twilight' Heartthrob In Upcoming 'Lords Of Chaos' Movie - May 21, 2009

<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=120512<!-- m -->

Jackson Rathbone, the teen heartthrob from "Twilight", has reportedly agreed to play Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh) — the former BURZUM mastermind who is currently serving a Norwegian prison term for the August 1993 murder of MAYHEM guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) and setting fire to three churches — in the upcoming movie "Lords Of Chaos".

Based on Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind's book of the same name, the film depicts true events and revolves around the black metal sub-culture that spawned a wave of murders and church arsons across Norway in the early 1990s.

Making his English-language debut with "Lords Of Chaos" will be hot Japanese director Sion Sono.

Stuart Pollok of Los Angeles-based Saltire Entertainment, Ko Mori of Eleven Arts and Oh Jungwan of Korea's Bom Productions are producing the film, which starts shooting in Norway in mid-September.

When asked why he chose to make the "Lords Of Chaos" movie, Pollok — who was in Cannes this past week to sell the project — told Dagbladet.no, "It's a fascinating subject, a visually great world and a funny portrait of Norway. Quite possibly, black metal is Norway's greatest cultural export of the last 20 years."

Rathbone plays Jasper in Summit's "Twilight" series and is currently shooting the lead role in M. Night Shyamalan's $140-million "The Last Airbender" for Paramount Pictures.

In a 2004 statement posted on the Burzum.org web site, Vikernes slammed the "Lord Of Chaos" book as "a pool of mud," insisting that "the vast majority of all the statements made in this book are either misinterpretations; taken out of context; misunderstandings; malicious lies made by enemies; a result of ignorance; extreme exaggerations; and/or third-hand information at best. This includes the statements attributed to me!" He went on to say, "This book serves only one single purpose and that is to create a myth around my name and to mystify me. If that was their objective they have indeed succeeded with their work. Well, the book seems to have served one other purpose too. The authors have managed to fill the heads of a generation of metal fans with lies. What could have been a righteous revolt has been made into some pathetic, embarrassing, brain-dead, impotent and traditional poser-culture best exemplified by bands like DIMMU BORGIR — and indeed VENOM!"

rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Devy
Metal God

Re: Varg To Be Played By 'Twilight' Heartthrob In Upcoming Movie

Post by Devy »

[quote name="Lumbergh"]a funny portrait of Norway[/quote]

The words "Funny" and "Norway" should never be in the same sentence
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

[quote name="Devy"]
[quote name="Lumbergh"]a funny portrait of Norway[/quote]

The words "Funny" and "Norway" should never be in the same sentence[/quote]

:)

________

He's out of jail? :huh:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

nothing good will come of this, nothing.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

please tell me this is a joke/trolling/etc., the last thing on earth black metal needs is to attract the fucking twilight crowd, oh dear god fucking please no
beandorkio
God of Emptiness

Post by beandorkio »

Between the plans for this movie and Gaahl coming out I'm getting a shitload of entertainment out of black metal for the first time, ever
[quote name="it the dusto"]Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks[/quote]

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs
Metal God

Post by Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs »

What a fucking abomination. :frown: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="beandorkio"]Between the plans for this movie and Gaahl coming out I'm getting a shitload of entertainment out of black metal for the first time, ever[/quote]

:redneck:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I'll give the movie a chance but I don't have high expectations.

AOD: I was told he's out also but I hadn't read it anywhere.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Teresa
Ancient One

Post by Teresa »

lololol please be true
why you wanna trip on me
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="shitty the sandwitch"]What a fucking abomination. :frown: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::[/quote]

Oh, come on. I know you're going to touch yourself to one of them cute wanklets from Twilight playing Varg. :jizz:

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Skinfection"]
[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]please tell me this is a joke/trolling/etc., the last thing on earth black metal needs is to attract the fucking twilight crowd, oh dear god fucking please no[/quote]

next hot topic will start to stock mayhem and burzum shirts[/quote]

They don't already? I assumed the whole thing was already co-opted.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

only time I go to the mall is xmas time and to see movies. and that's maybe 5 times a year.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="beandorkio"]Between the plans for this movie and Gaahl coming out I'm getting a shitload of entertainment out of black metal for the first time, ever[/quote]

:redneck:[/quote]

:lol:
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

this is true, they've been discussing a movie about "lords of chaos" forever. too bad that book is horribly inaccurate according to various people around during the gloryhole era norwegian bm scene
Teresa
Ancient One

Post by Teresa »

They used to sell Satyricon, Nile, and Cannibal Corpse shirts at Hot Topic. They didn't sell well, I imagine, since they were on sale.
why you wanna trip on me
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Teresa"]They used to sell Satyricon, Nile, and Cannibal Corpse shirts at Hot Topic. They didn't sell well, I imagine, since they were on sale.[/quote]

I went to Hot Topic last year and saw some Carcass albums, went there yesterday and saw that they were long gone.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"]this is true, they've been discussing a movie about "lords of chaos" forever. too bad that book is horribly inaccurate according to various people around during the gloryhole era norwegian bm scene[/quote]

yeah, it was horribly sensationalistic. i can only imagine how that's going to pan out when translated into a psychological thriller aimed at teenagers. fuck.
Teresa
Ancient One

Post by Teresa »

I don't think it's anything to worry about. Even if it does make Twilight-loving teens get into black metal, it won't last. Phases and fads pass. Even then, I don't think many of those kids will be able to stomach black metal.
why you wanna trip on me
beandorkio
God of Emptiness

Post by beandorkio »

I wonder what McBerko thinks of this
[quote name="it the dusto"]Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks[/quote]

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh), the former BURZUM mastermind who was convicted of murdering MAYHEM guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) in August 1993 and setting fire to three churches, is a free man.

"I can confirm that I have been released from prison," Vikernes told Norway's Dagbladet.

Although his parole application was denied four times — most recently in September 2008 — Vikernes received word in February that he would be released after serving almost 16 years in prison. He was finally allowed to leave a couple of weeks ago, according to Dagbladet.

"I will have to report [to the parole officer] for one year — initially every two weeks, and then once a month," Vikernes said.

For the past couple of years, Varg had been allowed to leave the prison regularly to walk around Tromsø, Norway (where the prison is located) and visit his family.

Last year it was reported that case workers at the Justice Ministry feared that Vikernes would be unable to adjust to life on the outside after his years in jail.

"I'm ready for society — and I have been for many years," Vikernes told Dagbladet last July. "I have learned from my mistakes and become older. Now I just want to be together with my family."

He added, "My mind has never been in prison; I think all the time about what I should do on the day that I am released.

"I have barely seen my son since he came into the world. Even though I hear his voice on the phone almost every day, it is very tough to not be present while he is growing up.

"I miss my family. And I look forward the day that I could work on my farm, create music, write books and be with the wife and kids around the clock — and live a normal life.

A photo of Varg Vikernes's new home in Bø, a municipality in the county of Telemark, Norway, can be viewed below (picture courtesy of Varden.no). Vikernes purchased the farm sometime last year and is planning to spend most of his time on the property with his French wife and son, both of whom had already been living at the home for quite some time.

"As I respect others, I want others to respect me," Varg told Varden.no last summer. "We are really quite ordinary people, and we do not want any more attention than anyone else."

As previously reported, Jackson Rathbone, the teen heartthrob from "Twilight", has reportedly agreed to play Vikernes in the upcoming movie "Lords Of Chaos".

Based on Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind's book of the same name, the film depicts true events and revolves around the black metal sub-culture that spawned a wave of murders and church arsons across Norway in the early 1990s.

Making his English-language debut with "Lords Of Chaos" will be hot Japanese director Sion Sono.

Stuart Pollok of Los Angeles-based Saltire Entertainment, Ko Mori of Eleven Arts and Oh Jungwan of Korea's Bom Productions are producing the film, which starts shooting in Norway in mid-September.

In a 2004 statement posted on the Burzum.org web site, Vikernes slammed the "Lord Of Chaos" book as "a pool of mud," insisting that "the vast majority of all the statements made in this book are either misinterpretations; taken out of context; misunderstandings; malicious lies made by enemies; a result of ignorance; extreme exaggerations; and/or third-hand information at best. This includes the statements attributed to me!" He went on to say, "This book serves only one single purpose and that is to create a myth around my name and to mystify me. If that was their objective they have indeed succeeded with their work. Well, the book seems to have served one other purpose too. The authors have managed to fill the heads of a generation of metal fans with lies. What could have been a righteous revolt has been made into some pathetic, embarrassing, brain-dead, impotent and traditional poser-culture best exemplified by bands like DIMMU BORGIR — and indeed VENOM!"

Varg's new home (photo below is displayed from Varden.no):

Photo below courtesy of Burzum.org
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

from an article on that norwegian news site (as a translation)...

- I have boycotted the book ever since it was released. It is full of lies and rumours, Gylve "Fenriz" Nagell writes, in an SMS to Dagbladet.no.

Another unnamed person, who was sentenced in court for serious crimes in the early 1990s and is also discussed in "Lords of Chaos", explains to Dagbladet.no that he has tried to put his past behind him.

- Therefore, a dramatisation like this will only be a burden to me, he states, to Dagbladet.no.

"Lords of Chaos", written by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Søderlind, came out in 1998. The book caused much controversy, as it had only been five years since the murder of Øystein Aarseth in 1993.

Much of the material in the book was based on interviews with Varg "Greven" Vikernes which, among other things, attempts an exposition of his worldview.

DRAMA

Author Moynihan has also been accused of fascism in general, while the reliability of his book's historiography in chronicling the criminal activities of the black metal scene has also been questioned.

Kjetil Manheim, one of the founders of the band Mayhem, states that while the book functions well as a piece of entertainment, it is more rewarding to view documentaries if one wants to know more about what actually happened.

- The book focuses on what the media focus was on during the time. There were many young people, a lot of drama. While this might seem like a source of good entertainment to some, it was really just a tragedy, says Manheim.

- I have heard that Jamie Foxx will be playing Euronymous, Justin Timberlake will be playing Dead, and that the losers from "High School Musical" will also be participating in the film, stated Snorre Ruch.

ULVER TO COMPOSE SOUNDTRACK FOR FILM?

However, all this controversy from the black metal fanbase may be consoled by the nature of director Sion Sono's previous films.

Sono has made several films that have been both controversial and have had artistic value. 2002's "Suicide Club", for instance, recounts the tale of 54 Japanese schoolchildren who committed mass suicide by throwing themselves in front of a train.

The director has now completed the writing of the script for the film "Lords of Chaos". The Norwegian band Ulver has been called upon to compose the soundtrack for the film, and band member Kristoffer Rygg is not as negatively orientated about the project as many of his black metal colleagues.

- I think that the book is a good mixture of music journalism, so-called "true crime", and the history of ideas. I read the script three years ago, and since this is a featured film based on actual events, it is dramatised with supernatural and occult elements. The full package. But now it has come into the hands of completely new people, so I really have no idea about what exactly this film is going to be like," says Rygg to Dagbladet.no.
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]
[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"]this is true, they've been discussing a movie about "lords of chaos" forever. too bad that book is horribly inaccurate according to various people around during the gloryhole era norwegian bm scene[/quote]

yeah, it was horribly sensationalistic. i can only imagine how that's going to pan out when translated into a psychological thriller aimed at teenagers. fuck.[/quote]

It will be AWESOME. Image

methodrone
God of Emptiness

Post by methodrone »

here is who i think will play the rest

snorre ruch

Hellhammer

Euronymous

Teresa
Ancient One

Post by Teresa »

belly shirts are grim
why you wanna trip on me
djonni greazo
Ancient One

Post by djonni greazo »

they should get uwe boll to direct for the failure to be complete :frown:
:xx: Image :xx:
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Skinfection"]haffy just sucked up all of the win in this thread[/quote]
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

The book was a bad idea to begin with and the movie won't be any better. Twilight fans added to black metal? Dear god no it's bad enough with the scene kids being into bands like Within Temptation and claiming they like gothic metal.
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

my wife unknowingly (doesn't keep in touch with gaijin movies) went to hire "Twilight" at the video shop the other night & i said "hire that & i will divorce you" :redneck:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Johnny Depp should play Hellhammer.
;,,;
Teignub
Ancient One

Post by Teignub »

Varg is a racist asshole and should have no movie made of him :ra:
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

Varg is a tweedly little salad bar, hence the dude from Twilight being perfect for the role.

And you all know you'll see it, purely because it's about black metal.

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="FUKKET"]my wife unknowingly (doesn't keep in touch with gaijin movies) went to hire "Twilight" at the video shop the other night & i said "hire that & i will divorce you" :redneck:[/quote]

for a second i didn't know what you meant.. i guess in Australia you say "hire" instead of "rent"
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="FUKKET"]my wife unknowingly (doesn't keep in touch with gaijin movies) went to hire "Twilight" at the video shop the other night & i said "hire that & i will divorce you" :redneck:[/quote]

for a second i didn't know what you meant.. i guess in Australia you say "hire" instead of "rent"[/quote]

same shit, different smell :santa: