Ozzy can go fuck himself!

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Ozzy can go fuck himself!

Post by Mesarthim »

say what you will about Ozzy era Sabbath, but seriously....TONY IOMMI IS BLACK SABBATH. :fuckoff:

OZZY OSBOURNE Sues TONY IOMMI Over Ownership Of BLACK SABBATH Name - May 29, 2009

<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=120981<!-- m -->

According to the New York Post, Ozzy Osbourne has filed a lawsuit against his BLACK SABBATH bandmate Tony Iommi, claiming that Iommi illegally took sole ownership of the band's name in a filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Osbourne is suing Iommi for a 50 percent interest in the "Black Sabbath" trademark, along with a portion of Iommi's profits from use of the name.

The Manhattan federal court suit also charges that Osbourne's "signature lead vocals" are largely responsible for the band's "extraordinary success," noting that its popularity plummeted during his absence from 1980 through 1996.

Iommi and Geezer Butler have both said some less than kind things about working with Osbourne in a new interview with Decibel magazine. The pair recently completed a new studio album as HEAVEN & HELL, the post-Ozzy version of SABBATH featuring vocalist Ronnie James Dio, and Butler said that working with Dio was much easier than Osbourne. He explained, "Ronnie's a songwriter in his own right — he's got tons of ideas. Whereas Ozzy . . . in the old days, he'd come up with a vocal line and I'd write the lyrics. Ronnie is 100 percent involved in both the musical side and the vocal side, and he writes his own lyrics as well."

Butler added that Osbourne didn't take him seriously as a songwriter, saying, "If we were with Ozzy and I came in with the killer riff of all time, Ozzy wouldn't even think of doing it because I'm not the guitarist and that's the way he thinks . . . That's why it was so bloody hard to write anything."

Butler said about HEAVEN & HELL's debut CD, "The Devil You Know", "If we'd written this album with Ozzy, we'd still be working on the first track."

Iommi added that there was a sharp difference between the singers live as well, saying, "It was great being with Ozzy on the road . . . but with Ronnie it's a lot different, because we go out and we know exactly what we're gonna be doing. With Ozzy, we didn't really know. It was touch and go sometimes on some of those early shows, whether he was gonna turn up, if he'd be able to sing, if his voice was gone, or what. We'd have to cancel shows, which Geezer and myself really hated. But with Ronnie, we've never canceled a show."

HEAVEN & HELL will tour Europe later this spring and summer, with North American dates scheduled for August.

Ozzy Osbourne is currently working on his next solo album.

Tony Iommi's filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office:

rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

Re: Ozzy can go fuck himself!

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

ahahah Lummy got offense for the sabbath thread :)

;)

actually, Ozzy is a fucking asshole and I know, but what I meant is that the true essence of Black Sabbath ( the gloomy,doom,heavy stuff) is from the Ozzy's period 1969-1980. The rest is good but totally different. The godfathers were 70's sabbath, no bullshit :grim:

Ozzy now is just like a comic :redneck:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

You gotta agree with that one comment in Blabbermouth...Sharon is probably pulling Ozzy's strings again.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

well, now we know they will never do another reunion... but who cares really
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="rhino"]well, now we know they will never do another reunion... but who cares really[/quote]

exactly. seeing them together now would just be pointless.
rhino wrote:
Verbal wrote:
Teresa
Ancient One

Post by Teresa »

so what
why you wanna trip on me
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

[quote name="Lumbergh"]
[quote name="rhino"]well, now we know they will never do another reunion... but who cares really[/quote]

exactly. seeing them together now would just be pointless.[/quote]

My point is that is sad the end of this band.....

ozzy like a moneky and tony and geezer with other musicians...

they deserved a great end. Like Judas priest backing uncle Rob for the end of the carrier, was a great idea.

anyway I know it will never happen. Ozzy will die fat eating some Lsd

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

whats interesting, like REAL interesting, is that he wants 50% ownership...apparently bill and geezer don't matter to ozzy? even though they wrote more than ozzy ever did in sabbath?

obviously it's sharon pulling strings again but it's still really sad. hopefully iommi wins and they'll reissue "the devil you know" with the rightful band name on the cover, of black sabbath.
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God

[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"] hopefully iommi wins and they'll reissue "the devil you know" with the rightful band name on the cover, of black sabbath.[/quote]

NO

Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]
[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"] hopefully iommi wins and they'll reissue "the devil you know" with the rightful band name on the cover, of black sabbath.[/quote]

NO[/quote]

it was written by iommi, geezer, appice, and dio. now let me ask you something...do you realize that ozzy wrote virtually nothing in black sabbath? geezer wrote a majority of his lyrics and iommi wrote a majority of the music (which geezer wrote the rest of).

iommi legally filed for the trademark of the name "black sabbath" in the early-mid 80s (85 I think it was), since the rest of the band (ozzy included) wanted nothing to do with it. he has carried that band on his back since he founded it.

tell me, why isn't it a black sabbath record? because it doesn't have ozzy singing on it? at least dio writes his own lyrics.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

I don't mind the Heaven and Hell name. it works because it doesn't confuse old, close minded fans since H&H don't play any Ozzy era sabbath.
rhino wrote:
Verbal wrote:
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"]hopefully iommi wins and they'll reissue "the devil you know" with the rightful band name on the cover, of black sabbath[/quote]

Yes :xx: I also wonder if this name owner thing is holding back H&H from playing Ozzy era BS songs(?)
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness

[quote name="Ninny"]
[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"]hopefully iommi wins and they'll reissue "the devil you know" with the rightful band name on the cover, of black sabbath[/quote]

Yes :xx: I also wonder if this name owner thing is holding back H&H from playing Ozzy era BS songs(?)[/quote]

it has nothing to do with them playing ozzy songs. iommi holds sole ownership of the name after buying it from the rest of the guys in like 85. he named this incarnation "heaven and hell" so that fans didn't show up expecting iron man and paranoid to be played - ie separating the primary two eras of music that he created under black sabbath. not to mention that dio and ozzy don't like each other anyway, so I'm sure dio wouldn't want to sing ozzy's songs every night either.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote name="Tyreese BIGGUMS"]
[quote name="Ninny"]

Yes :xx: I also wonder if this name owner thing is holding back H&H from playing Ozzy era BS songs(?)[/quote]

it has nothing to do with them playing ozzy songs. iommi holds sole ownership of the name after buying it from the rest of the guys in like 85. he named this incarnation "heaven and hell" so that fans didn't show up expecting iron man and paranoid to be played - ie separating the primary two eras of music that he created under black sabbath. not to mention that dio and ozzy don't like each other anyway, so I'm sure dio wouldn't want to sing ozzy's songs every night either.[/quote]

exactly. and it should be kept that way. Heaven and Hell rule enough without having to even touch the ozzy era songs.
rhino wrote:
Verbal wrote: