Is It Just Me?

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Is It Just Me?

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Or does Dying Fetus' albums all sound the same? Don't get me wrong here they are a great metal band but I think they should change the musical formula up sometimes when writing their music, change the tune of their guitars, perhaps even throw in some clean vocals? Just out of experimenting's sake

I do enjoy Grotesque Impalement and Purification Through Violence. I listen to those two the most....
Humor ist nichts nichts Normales, also niemand der normal ist, braucht Humor...Humor braucht man nur, um von sowas tief in einem drin abzulenken, so dieses Gefühl von Unausgeglichenheit, diese nagende, kratzende Leere, die man so in sich spürt.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Re: Is It Just Me?

Post by Shredlord »

No, it's them! Maybe they could try a song without a breakdown sometime...
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

a lot of their songs do sound like they are the same. although the production is always different. Purification Through Violence - War Of Attrition - Killing on Adrenaline. i think the production really affect the vide on their songs. absolute defiance is badass song :xx:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

[quote name="Shredlord"]No, it's them! Maybe they could try a song without a breakdown sometime...[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head good sir :mmm:
Humor ist nichts nichts Normales, also niemand der normal ist, braucht Humor...Humor braucht man nur, um von sowas tief in einem drin abzulenken, so dieses Gefühl von Unausgeglichenheit, diese nagende, kratzende Leere, die man so in sich spürt.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

[quote name="zim"]a lot of their songs do sound like they are the same. although the production is always different. Purification Through Violence - War Of Attrition - Killing on Adrenaline.[/quote] Those three are the main albums in reference.

[quote name="zim"]i think the production really affect the vide on their songs.[/quote] Production doesnt really bother me too much. Even crappy production is ok as long as the music is good. For example early Slayer and early Megadeth

[quote name="zim"]absolute defiance is badass song :xx:[/quote]

Yes, yes it is!
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

i dont really like em
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Morbidfan"]
[quote name="Shredlord"]No, it's them! Maybe they could try a song without a breakdown sometime...[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head good sir :mmm:[/quote]

And don't forget their legion of clones. I'm really tired of new bands trying their hardest to sound just like them. :frown:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

some bands just shouldnt change their formula you know. but most bands i like to hear them switch it up a bit
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Skinfection"]we call this the ac/dc syndrome[/quote]

Oh, I thought it was called "dethcore"
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;