Painting a Guitar Neck

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
zim
Zim(a)

Painting a Guitar Neck

Post by zim »

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about painting guitars? My Jackson RR3 has a maple neck and I really hate the way it looks. The rest of the guitar is black and I really want the neck to be black too. Should this be done by a professional?

found this site <!-- m -->http://www.jimfogarty.co.uk/Luna%20Neck%20Painting.htm<!-- m --> i really like the outcome.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Re: Painting a Guitar Neck

Post by jawn galliano »

yes
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Yes, take it to pro. It will cost you a lot more than doing it yourself but it will b done properly with proper paints.
:xx:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="zim"]Does anyone have any experience or know anything about painting guitars? My Jackson RR3 has a maple neck and I really hate the way it looks. The rest of the guitar is black and I really want the neck to be black too. Should this be done by a professional?

found this site <!-- m -->http://www.jimfogarty.co.uk/Luna%20Neck%20Painting.htm<!-- m --> i really like the outcome.[/quote]

Why on earth would you want to do that? Imho guitar necks feel and sound better without the paint. Just buy a neckthru guitar if you want a uniform color guitar. :redneck:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Lavabug"]
[quote name="zim"]Does anyone have any experience or know anything about painting guitars? My Jackson RR3 has a maple neck and I really hate the way it looks. The rest of the guitar is black and I really want the neck to be black too. Should this be done by a professional?

found this site <!-- m -->http://www.jimfogarty.co.uk/Luna%20Neck%20Painting.htm<!-- m --> i really like the outcome.[/quote]

Why on earth would you want to do that? Imho guitar necks feel and sound better without the paint. Just buy a neckthru guitar if you want a uniform color guitar. :redneck:[/quote]

Does it affect the sound? if it's going to mess with the guitars sound I probably won't do it
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]

Why on earth would you want to do that? Imho guitar necks feel and sound better without the paint. Just buy a neckthru guitar if you want a uniform color guitar. :redneck:[/quote]

Does it affect the sound? if it's going to mess with the guitars sound I probably won't do it[/quote]

It would probably have a tad less sustain and it wouldn't sound as "spanky" and resonant.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

guess I'll pass on the painting then, thanks for the info guyzzz
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Dinneyfolk! :greenie: