Current wants.

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Current wants.

Post by vO)))id »

Where are you moving to then?
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

I'm getting a 6-12 month american working visa and possibly Australia after. Depends how work goes. It hasnt really sunk in yet that i'll have an actual qualification in 3 months :shock:

At least 30 of my good friends have up and left for ozzytralia and i miss them :eyes:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Ok, cool plans. But what about your new band then? :redneck:
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

Yeah, I know :homework:

I made the decision to leave first though. I'm not sure if it's a good thing to go back on decisions. Plus, the visa is already processing.

Ultimately, I'm not hanging around Ireland. Ive found Summer to be the most depressing time here. :santa:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

By 'strat' do you mean your 7-string RG?
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Now that I mention it, I do want a 7 stringer myself. Most probably be looking at an RG7321 as well so I've got something for them drop tunings and Meshuggah-ish stuffs and the like. I'll keep ein 6 stringer in Eb. We'll see once financial resources permit.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i've never touched an ibanez guitar

i'd like to :abu:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

They would usually pop up on our local equivalent to craigslist every few months or so and Ibanez seems to be the most popular metal guitar brand around these parts so it shouldn't be a problem to look for said. :idea: Again, ein personal income shall be the one to determine the date of acquisition of said axe.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="zim"]i've never touched an ibanez guitar

i'd like to :abu:[/quote]

Touch it.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="zim"]i've never touched an ibanez guitar

i'd like to :abu:[/quote]

I suggest keeping clean underwear handy if you ever happen to try an rg550.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i always hate trying out guitars in guitar shops - they're always tuned to e. i've been down-tuning for so long it's now uncomfortable to play on standard tuning. :oldryan:
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

I just bought new strings to tune to drop A (first time doing so), but my guitar is in my fellating lover's. :homework:
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

[quote name="Toozey"]Image

im on the waiting list[/quote]

should have mine in over a week if all goes to plan :fonz:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Fucking this.

[youtube]YoOp9eQ_wRE[/youtube]

Analog reverb + modulation (chorus/flange/phase/tremolo). Sounds awesome. Thinking of building a pedalboard and I might start with this and a delay, I already have a ts808 clone. Also want to get one of these at some point:

vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="tuned beer"]

iMac 27"

Pro Tools 10

Image[/quote]

Imma buy this tomorrow :santa: :thingy:
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

Mac. :lol:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Ugh, not this again. :necro:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="Anjel"]Mac. :lol:[/quote]

out of curiosity, do you happen to have a humongous neckbeard?
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

[quote name="Derek Waters?"]
[quote name="Anjel"]Mac. :lol:[/quote]

out of curiosity, do you happen to have a humongous neckbeard?[/quote]

Nope.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I'm going to sit back and be a spectator for this one.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

i like my mac, waste of money though.
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

[quote name="toozey"]

should have mine in over a week if all goes to plan :fonz:[/quote]

it came wednesday :ba:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="toozey"]
[quote name="toozey"]

should have mine in over a week if all goes to plan :fonz:[/quote]

it came wednesday :ba:[/quote]

:thingy:

Post it the samples. :santa: I want to hear it.
;,,;
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

ive had about 6 hours with it and i feel like ive only scratch the surface, will do some tone tests soon. there are so many variables you can change.
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

here is some super rough stuff, just wanted to show a few mates how it sounded so excuse the shitty playing

<!-- m -->http://soundcloud.com/david-tooze<!-- m -->
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

Fuck. That sounds nice :santa:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Undercover Pheasant"]Fuck. That sounds nice :santa:[/quote]
;,,;
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

When I first got it I wasn't blown away but I was impressed, I'm trying not to get over excited but it's increasingly exciting and amazing sounding. I bought it to be my last big guitar purchase, I think it will be.
Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

Are you playing a 7-string thing or just detuned like fuck?
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Sounds good but way too much top-end fizz, almost like if you're clipping something.

Cleans sound excellent.
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

[quote name="Holocaust"]Are you playing a 7-string thing or just detuned like fuck?[/quote]

7 string down half a step, usually dropped aswell but it wasn't in those clips.
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

[quote name="Lavabug"]Sounds good but way too much top-end fizz, almost like if you're clipping something.

Cleans sound excellent.[/quote]

Yeah it is a bit high endy, I've tweaked it alot since, so many variables to change it crazy. Was clipping a tad aswell, I've changed the input/output levels.

all very complicated!
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

If these AxeFX guys come up with a "lite" version of the thing at a lower price-point they'll pretty much destroy line 6.
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

ive been doing some more testing here and there if anyone is interested. :santa:

<!-- m -->http://soundcloud.com/david-tooze<!-- m -->
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

I'd like a pair of these Royer ribbon mics to record my classical guitar, but at $2500 ea, it's not likely to happen!

I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

:shock: :oldryan:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Shredlord"]I'd like a pair of these Royer ribbon mics to record my classical guitar, but at $2500 ea, it's not likely to happen!

Image[/quote]

They sound great, Shredlord! :idea:

If you're searching for some good mics (for a smaller budget than 2500), I could give you some good options.

One of them is the CAD e100s which is only around 300, but definitely belongs to the hi-end microphones. It's incredibly clean, clear, silent and honest.

It's not a ribbon though, and has a hyper-cardioid pattern which makes it a great workhorse for anything from vocals, guitar cabs, acoustics to close drum micing. It can handle up to 150 dBSPL!

Check out sE Electronics' ribbon mics, they have amazing gear.

My current wants are:

Adam A7X monitors (when I move to a better treated room)

Universal Audio 2-1176 Stereo Compressor/Limiter:

API Lunchbox, with some nice AMS/Neve and API modules:

And definitely a stereo pair of Neumann KM140's:

Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

I really want a blackmachine guitar. :homework:
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

If you're searching for some good mics (for a smaller budget than 2500), I could give you some good options.

One of them is the CAD e100s which is only around 300, but definitely belongs to the hi-end microphones. It's incredibly clean, clear, silent and honest.[/quote]

Thanks--I think I've read great reviews of those...certainly more affordable! I kick myself for selling my Schoeps CMC65 and B&K (now PDA) 4006 mics many years ago. They are about the same price as those Royers today. When I quit working as a recording engineer and became a teacher, I thought I'd never use them again. Kick...kick...
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i came real close to buying a tiny terror combo yesterday. but i came to my senses and decided i need to get my current roster of guitars in proper repair before i go splurging on new stuffs :homework:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Shredlord"]

One of them is the CAD e100s which is only around 300, but definitely belongs to the hi-end microphones. It's incredibly clean, clear, silent and honest.[/quote]

Thanks--I think I've read great reviews of those...certainly more affordable! I kick myself for selling my Schoeps CMC65 and B&K (now PDA) 4006 mics many years ago. They are about the same price as those Royers today. When I quit working as a recording engineer and became a teacher, I thought I'd never use them again. Kick...kick...[/quote]

Oh, damn. That sucks indeed.

Did you work in a studio or had your own?
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="Shredlord"]

Thanks--I think I've read great reviews of those...certainly more affordable! I kick myself for selling my Schoeps CMC65 and B&K (now PDA) 4006 mics many years ago. They are about the same price as those Royers today. When I quit working as a recording engineer and became a teacher, I thought I'd never use them again. Kick...kick...[/quote]

Did you work in a studio or had your own?[/quote]

On my own--I had a nice location recording system rather than a studio-- and for National Public Radio--I recorded live classical (and a few jazz) concerts for later broadcast.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Shredlord"]
[quote name="Shredlord"]

Did you work in a studio or had your own?[/quote]

On my own--I had a nice location recording system rather than a studio-- and for National Public Radio--I recorded live classical (and a few jazz) concerts for later broadcast.[/quote]

Nice! During which years?

I'm hoping to move this year out of our apartment, get a house and build my own studio. Either in a garage or a separate room, and have it acoustically well treated.

What system and/or equipment did you use mainly?
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

From 1978-1990. I used a Revox PR-99, a Tandberg TD 20A, Studer B-67 (belonged to the NPR station) reel-to-reel, and later a Sony DAT. I had some custom 2-channel mic preamp--don't recall the name. I did strictly classical recordings on my own--generally a single musician such as a guitarist, pianist, or small chamber ensemble, so two mics at a time were enough.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Cool. The Studers are great machines. What was the reason you quit that business?
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

It was hard to make a decent living. Also, it felt more like a glorified hobby after a while. I do miss it from time to time, though: tape decks don't generate massive stacks of poorly written essays! :redneck:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Saw said axe just this afternoon while strolling around the mall. I find its aesthetic impressions interesting and the features appeal to me. I'd like to play one.