saw an ad on craigslist

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
zim
Zim(a)

saw an ad on craigslist

Post by zim »

I'm really considering contacting this hard-on bearer and asking him what's up. I've never worked with another guitarist who was into this kind of stuff before. My immediate feelings are "what if I'm not as good as him." :homework: But I feel like I've been moving more towards a post-metal approach to playing. I think I might shoot him an emailz :bang:

Musician/Creative noisemakers needed for Post/Experimental Metal Band (Richmond Kentucky)

Post-Metal/ Guitarist looking for other musician(s) for experimental music with influences from genres like Post-metal (Isis, Neurosis, Pax Cecilia ) Grindcore (Rotten Sound, Pig Destroyer) Black Metal (Wolves in the Throne Room, Abigor) Stoner Metal (Sleep) Avant Garde (Mike Patton, Estradasphere, Sleepy-time Gorilla Museum) to mainline Progressive (Opeth, Meshuggah, Tool) to obscure styles like Harsh Noise.

Even if you don't care for many of the bands mentioned: If you like dark music with heavy roots, but don't feel the need to bang on your instrument like an idiot to prove how metal you are then you might be right for this gig. It is neccessary to play either guitar or bass in a semi-decent fashion and a plus to feel comfortable "faking" your way through random percussion and stringed instruments.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mr. P
Ancient One

Re: saw an ad on craigslist

Post by Mr. P »

Do it!
:xx:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I was really hoping to hear from this hard-on bearer but he never responded.

:homework:
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Anjel
Ancient One

Post by Anjel »

What a cunt.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I just went an rechecked the sent message and the ad. The email address in my original message didn't match the one on the ad. :huh:

I sent another message. Probably don't know if I'd even be able to jam. I only have a practice amp. :homework:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

He's gonna show you several different ways on how to touch him and vice-versa.
methodrone
God of Emptiness

Post by methodrone »

none of your friends play instruments? What kind of area do you live in?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="methodrone"]none of your friends play instruments? What kind of area do you live in?[/quote]

i only have one fellating lover and he plays piano - he's into world music. :homework:

like i said earlier, it's probably not even a good idea to look for others to jam with because i don't have a proper amp.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

the amp thing is a silly excuse and you know it clap your hands
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

turn down the volume on the larger amp!
methodrone
God of Emptiness

Post by methodrone »

gleeso is kinda right though, if you really want to do it you would. When I was a young lad we used to write with unplugged el. guitars or plugged them into a shitty boombox.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Yeah trying to compose music with a full band at drummer volumes is going to result in a headache. When I was in a band I would go to the other guitarist's house and learn the riffs, or he'd send me some recordings. Then we'd work out the timing and transitions with the full band (the 4-5 times we actually got to jam like this).

Btw, when we jammed the other guitarist used his laptop + one of those line 6 toneport gx things straight into a PA and it sounded badass, way better than the behringer v-amp2 modeler and Sansamp Gt-2 preamp I went through, both of which were made for that specific job. So if they have a PA at the jamspace, bring your laptop and external soundcard thingy and fire up amplitube or something. It's what I would do.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Lavabug"]So if they have a PA at the jamspace, bring your laptop and external soundcard thingy and fire up amplitube or something. It's what I would do.[/quote]

I can't believe I didn't think of this.. Great idea.

Lovabooog Image
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

His line 6 modeling software sounded ridiculously good through it, made me rather embarrassed and frustrated about having spent all that money on gear just because it was "analog", when the truth is you can rarely tell a damn difference unless its a side by side comparison with a real amp.

Shortly after I sold my Engl and have been playing through a 4€ USB soundcard ever since. :greenie:
methodrone
God of Emptiness

Post by methodrone »

is there a sample of your sound online?
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Here you go:

<!-- m -->http://www.divshare.com/download/16978221-b1d<!-- m -->
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i finally got a reply from this duder. his music sounds pretty meh and they tune lower too low.

<!-- m -->http://www.bandmix.com/j/<!-- m -->
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

anything come of it anyway?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

nah, i'm just going to focus on my own stuffs for now