Big brass block.

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Lavabug
Metal God

Big brass block.

Post by Lavabug »

Anyone tried one of these things?

[youtube]8sZ3w_Qwq2Q[/youtube]

It replaces the base block of any tremolo with a massive, heavy brass one and looks like it boosts sustain and resonance a lot. I'm thinking of getting one.

I'm up to my nuts with the tremol-no on my guitar(not working so well recently) so I ordered a more simplistic/sturdier stopping mechanism. In conjunction with the block I think this will sound massive.
zim
Zim(a)

Re: Big brass block.

Post by zim »

I checked this out a long time ago but I think those blocks are expensive. :oldryan:

On a side note, my strings go out of tune while bending. Isn't there some kind of device to prevent this? (using a floyd rose)
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Well a properly set up and locked floyd shouldn't do that, but wear and tear makes it happen. A tremol-no does what you want... when its perfectly set up/aligned, as well as any other tremolo stoppers if you up the spring tension.

If you have an ibanez trem be sure to get the claw-style tremol-nos and not the pin-type. Those worked well on my universe, the pin-type sucks because its harder to get it properly aligned.
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

not sure why, but i read the thread title as "big brass cock"

:redneck:
SCUNT
Ancient One

Post by SCUNT »

fuck floyd rose trems
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]you keep your quiznosy scunt away from my taintbag[/quote]

upon further review this has got to be one of the most baffling things ever said on the mabb[/quote]

ImageImage
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I lost interest in this upgrade when I realized my bridge (made in W. Germany Schaller) already had a brass block in it haha, its just painted but looking inside the spring holes revealed a golden brass color.

The biggest one they make is only slightly heavier than mine so I don't think its worth the upgrade.