I need monitors

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
zim
Zim(a)

I need monitors

Post by zim »

I obviously don't have the funds to purchase monitors right now but could anyone suggest some decent cheap monitors. I'm not an audiophile - I'm just looking for something that works for future direction.

:santa:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Holocaust
Metal God

Re: I need monitors

Post by Holocaust »

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

:grim:
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Check out the KRK lines, they have some budget/smaller ones as well.
Uros

Post by Uros »

Why would you want monitors? For casual listening buy something decent, you don't need monitors for that. If you want monitors for actual mixing, they are worth a shit if a room you are putting them in isn't treated. Anyways, I wouldn't go any lower than Adam S3X or Yamaha HS80, but again, the benefit you'd gain from that wouldn't be proportional to invested money if you don't acoustically treat your mixing/listening space beforehand.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i'd just like to have some for recording my demos
Uros

Post by Uros »

Well, you can use ordinary speakers for that, or some good headphones (IMO mixing on cans would do you more good than mixing on monitors in an untreated space). Personally, I use KRK KNS8400, they are really good for spotting bad frequencies and the like. They can be had for 150$ or something. ATH M50 are also really good.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Uros"]Well, you can use ordinary speakers for that, or some good headphones (IMO mixing on cans would do you more good than mixing on monitors in an untreated space). Personally, I use KRK KNS8400, they are really good for spotting bad frequencies and the like. They can be had for 150$ or something. ATH M50 are also really good.[/quote]

I plan on buying good speakers eventually. Sometimes I'd just like to jam through my interface without wearing headphones. Thanks for the advice though, I will check those headphones out.