Blackstar amps

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
shadowalk
Metal God

Blackstar amps

Post by shadowalk »

Anyone have experience with said? I'm hearing nothing but good things about them. I'm planning to get one of these hopefully within this year once funds permit. :abu:

After getting this amp, I believe I will be holding off on buying guitar stuff for a while.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Re: Blackstar amps

Post by jawn galliano »

I wanted something new and small for my room, and wound up going with an HT1. Only had it for a couple weeks last year (had to return it when my last PC died and needed to get a new laptop ASAP), but I was quite pleased with it/pretty bummed about having to bring it back. I've played a few of the larger models as well and had no complaints. I really like 'em, great sound at reasonable prices. I may wind up buying another one at some point when I've got the cash to throw at an amp again, although I'd probably go with something a bit bigger than the one I had :redneck:

I think they were designed by ex-Marshall guys too, for what that's worth.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Nice impression. I wanted to get a hold of a nice combo tube amp that would sound great, eliminate GAS (as much as possible) for more pedals or multi-FX or whatever, won't be too bulky and would be ideal to bring along to band practice or even small gigs and such. The HT Club 40 seems to be it. :idea:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

yeah the 40 should easily suffice for that. if it weren't for the gigging part, i'd say you may be better off stepping down to a 20, as that should be plenty loud for your purposes and you can crank it up a bit higher for that delicious saturated tone (even the HT1, miniscule as it was, could generate a surprising amount of volume). might be a little harder to do with the 40 if you're practicing at home, but that just depends on your living situation -- i have no idea if you live alone or with other people or in a house or in an apartment or what.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:interessant: I have not known about this amp. I must try it.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Blackstars are all :idea: from what I hear. I hear the company was formed by former Marshall employees.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Hmm. After much deliberation with a few guitarfolk about my plans to purchase said, I've decided to get the HT-5R instead.

I think this will be enough for my needs. :idea: