trey spruance's strat variant - what guitar is this?

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

trey spruance's strat variant - what guitar is this?

Post by jawn galliano »

alright, i've been going nuts trying to figure out the make/model of the guitar he uses on brazen serpent. it looks to be a 9-string, but it's kinda hard to tell. none of the videos or photos i've found of it have been clear or focused enough to tell for sure (hence the thread; there's clearly a logo on the headstock which you can see in the first video in a few spots, but i can't make out what it is), and i haven't been able to find any info on it. perhaps someone here recognizes it, or knows of a resource that sheds some light on the gear he uses? google has failed me about two dozen times on this shit.

i'm assuming it's probably some super-pricey custom job, probably some microtonal design judging by the song/looks of that fretboard. it looks super awesome and i'd like to find out more about it :gay:

[youtube]EwH1GJbMaNU[/youtube]

[youtube]H2tH4x3cC8E[/youtube]
FUKKET
Metal God

Re: trey spruance's strat variant - what guitar is this?

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Dudley"]probably some microtonal design judging by the song/looks of that fretboard.[/quote]

this, I'd say.

+

Trey S = musical genius :xx:::::::::::