Practicing scales

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
shadowalk
Metal God

Practicing scales

Post by shadowalk »

How do yinz folk practice ein scales? Do you have a specific practice pattern or is there a particular song(s) that you play to practice your scales? Or does it depend heavily on what you're practicing for (i.e. practicing this particular scale for some blues or jazz playing or practicing that particular scale for some thrash or death metal). Share your thoughts. :abu:
Abzu
Postwhore

Re: Practicing scales

Post by Abzu »

I should practice more. Right now, I just go up and down a couple different scales to keep the fingers limber (when I'm not writing).
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

backing tracks are good for practice. you can find all kinds of them in probably any key on youtube. they might be generic jams but great for practice.

i jammed along to this quite a bit - great for working on soloing and improv. infact, i will be do some blues soloing to this tomorrow :bang:

[youtube]Lesn9Jss878[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

Use a metronome and stopwatch.

Not that i do this enough.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i have been using it the metronome recently like :santa: