My New Amp

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Shredlord
Ancient One

My New Amp

Post by Shredlord »

I just bought this Marshall JMD 102 combo amp--it's pretty cool. Has two 12-inch speakers, amp modeling, built-in effects, noise gate--lots of goodies. The pre-amp has one tube plus some solid state overdrive, but the 100 watt power amp is all tube. It was listed as "Returned to Stock" at Musician's fellating lover, but as far as I can tell, it's never been used, so the $649 price was a steal! I'm not actively playing in a band, but I occasionally do a Jimi Hendrix tribute concert at my high school, so that will be its main use. (I sold my old Marshall combo when I thought I was through doing these concerts.)

I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.