recorded 15 jam sessions in the last couple weeks

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
zim
Zim(a)

recorded 15 jam sessions in the last couple weeks

Post by zim »

i have a 4-5 week break between semesters, going to try to record 2-3 songs during that time.

i'm feeling pretty good about actually finishing these, i've been jamming guitar a ton recently and recording a lot of the sessions. but i'm afraid i'm on the edge of wearing my influences on my sleeves and straight up ripping them off. either way, i will go through with recording the ideas i have even if they sound just like the bands i've been jamming.

every once in a while i'll find a band i love so much that i just want to replicate that feeling because i connect with it so much. this same thing happened with morbid angel and necrophagist, i loved the guitar playing so much. while i didn't spend a ton of time learning either of their songs i did spend a lot of time trying to replicate the style/sound.

any other guitarins deal with this issue?
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless