Eric Peterson

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
shadowalk
Metal God

Eric Peterson

Post by shadowalk »

What's every bard guitarplayer's opinion on this hard-on bearer? The man is seriously underrated. He's got amazing chops, fierce tone and his riffs! A lot of people seem to forget he's the brains behind the crushing riffs that made Testament a household name. I feel whenever Testament is talked about in a conversation of guitarists, it's almost always about Skolnick (nothing against that awesome musician as well) and almost never about Eric Peterson over here.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Re: Eric Peterson

Post by Shredlord »

He's a solid rhythm player, that's for sure. I've hung out with him a few times--very cool dude. When Psypheria (my old band) was together, our keyboardist also played in Petterson's Dragonlord, so I got to know him a bit. He didn't act like a rock star at all--at least not toward me! One day he came to the keyboardist's house while he and I were writing a new song (He lives in the same town). Eric watched for a while then asked me, "How do you think up and play that crazy shit?"! I then asked him to play a little of "The First Strike is Deadly"--took him a while to remember it, but it came to him eventually.
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

That's cool. He doesn't seem to be the Axl Rose type anyway. I agree with his skills as a rhythm player. Been listening to a lot of Testament and watching the live stuff as well. The hard-on bearer has a serious right hand for rhythm playing, just listen those chops! He has a knack for making that e minor riffing sound really evil.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="shadowalk"] He has a knack for making that e minor riffing sound really evil.[/quote]

That's my main complaint with him and Testament in general...too many songs in E!
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

E :fuckoff: