Guitar Center

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
zim
Zim(a)

Guitar Center

Post by zim »

Is it just me or does anyone else think these these stores are the "Wal-Mart" version of a music store? I've gone into this place many times, even on slow days and there are always 50 employees walking around aimlessly doing almost nothing. And not to mention just about every guitar I've ever picked up in the place is out of tune, dirty, or has rusted strings.

Anyone have similar experiences with these stores?
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Haunty
Metal God

Re: Guitar Center

Post by Haunty »

I agree with your Wal-Mart assessment.

I also hate going in there, picking up a guitar and shredding it up a little bit, only to have some dingleberry come along from the sales staff to tell me how nice it is.

So I tell them "look, it's a $400 Ibanez that I wouldn't bother throwing knives at if I actually owned it. I think of this as like being in a cheap brothel: I've got much nicer things to touch at home, and sometimes it takes coming around a place like this to see that." :fuckoff:

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)