what kind of gear do bands around your place bring to gigs?

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
shadowalk
Metal God

what kind of gear do bands around your place bring to gigs?

Post by shadowalk »

Yeah so what kind and how much gear do bands around your place bring to gigs? Here's a little summary of how things are here.

- Most guitarists do not bring amps. I understand that in most parts in the West, most bring a head/cab or a combo to gigs. It's much different here. Most guitarists usually just bring an array of pedals and/or multi-effects pedals aside from their guitar(s). Most would just rely on the venue's in-house amps. Back when I was in high school these were usually Marshall AVTs, Peavey Bandits and some Crate combos that I am unfamiliar with. Nowadays, it's mostly Marshall MGs or Peavey Vypyrs that are the in-house amps of the venue. Only the more popular 'signed' bands or really wealthy guitarists will bring a head/cab or combo. For metal players, one would usually find an MT-2, EHX Metal Muff, ML-2, etc. Those who choose multi-effects usually bring Line 6 PODs, Zoom G7s and such and just plug into a powered speaker or into the PA if available or if not, the effects loop or the front of an amp. Although lately, I've been seeing a lot of them trade all that for an Axe Fx and a foot controller.

- Most guitarists would just bring one guitar. Again only the more popular 'signed' bands or really wealthy guitarists will bring more than one guitar. The average hard-on bearer would usually bring just one.

- I have never seen a local drummer play on a full double bass kit in gigs, even the metal ones. Apparently all venues for gigs here (except venues to be used by international metal acts) are designed with only a simple, single bass drum kit in mind. In metal gigs, drummers would always have their own double pedal set with them and sometimes their own cymbals and/or snare.
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

Re: what kind of gear do bands around your place bring to gigs?

Post by Hallucinating dead »

In our country everyone plays on doublebass pedal.
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

usually their own instruments / amps
scunt.
Metal God

Post by scunt. »

[quote name="toozey"]usually their own instruments / amps[/quote]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jorsh">
Omg Ali is so hot I want to fuck both nostrils, earholes, even his armpits and elbows. Basically I want to fuck him everywhere except his ass and mouth.

To jizzfinity and beyond
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hitoshura">
also when you exit an unsuccessful interview you should just leave them with: 'if you can't slam with the best, you'll just have to jam with the rest'
</blockquote>