Tremsetter?

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Mr. P
Ancient One

Tremsetter?

Post by Mr. P »

[youtube]Jvl0fLOzwi8[/youtube]

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvl0fLOzwi8<!-- m -->

Anybody used one of these?
:xx:
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Tremsetter?

Post by vO)))id »

uni777 has em in all his floyd rosed guitars I think... when installed correctly, they're really good :mmm:
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Kewl, I might buy used geet next week with that thing installed :grin:
:xx:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I suggest the tremol-no instead, very easy to install and imo way better:

[youtube]xiZnipHc1ec[/youtube]

I have it on my UV7(edge pro) and charvel(schaller floyd rose) guitars, they are indispensable. You can divebomb forever and stay in tune, lower your tuning without adjusting springs, or set the bridge fixed totally if you don't use the tremolo too much(helpful when you change strings too).

Edit oh didn't read the last post.
Charles Bronson
God of Emptiness

Post by Charles Bronson »

I hate trems soooo much.
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

As much as they're a pain, divebombing with a pedal is just gaaaaaay.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Hugo.
Metal God

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Uber Grim Kvlt"]I hate trems soooo much.[/quote]

Call yourself a Morbid Angel fan? :redneck:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="MorbidAngle"]
[quote name="Uber Grim Kvlt"]I hate trems soooo much.[/quote]

Call yourself a Morbid Angel fan? :redneck:[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Lavabug"]I suggest the tremol-no instead, very easy to install and imo way better:

I have it on my UV7(edge pro) and charvel(schaller floyd rose) guitars, they are indispensable. You can divebomb forever and stay in tune, lower your tuning without adjusting springs, or set the bridge fixed totally if you don't use the tremolo too much(helpful when you change strings too).

Edit oh didn't read the last post.[/quote]

i might look into getting one of these. are they expensive?
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]I suggest the tremol-no instead, very easy to install and imo way better:

Edit oh didn't read the last post.[/quote]

i might look into getting one of these. are they expensive?[/quote]

Nah between 35-50$ on ebay. Make sure you read up on the official site to make sure you get the version most suitable for your guitar's bridge.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I want.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Lavabug"]I suggest the tremol-no instead, very easy to install and imo way better[/quote]

Hey Bugman, please explain why you think it is better? I'm really curious!

I started using the tremsetter ages ago before there was a tremllno. When installed correctly, way more sustain, divebombs, pulling up on the bar like a maniac, No zero point in which you click into when wiggeling the bar, also changing strings is a breeze.

A lot of people do not install the unit correctly and feel and hear a click at the zero point. This means you did something wrong :grin: Alot of impatient people set the three interacting springs to tight to each other.

Also to get more tension on the lower strings i use two springs on the Bass side, tremsetter in the middle, and one spring on the treble side. Seeing the pic you posted this is not possible with the tremolno. Or can you change the position of the bar?
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="Lavabug"]I suggest the tremol-no instead, very easy to install and imo way better[/quote]

Hey Bugman, please explain why you think it is better? I'm really curious!

I started using the tremsetter ages ago before there was a tremllno. When installed correctly, way more sustain, divebombs, pulling up on the bar like a maniac, No zero point in which you click into when wiggeling the bar, also changing strings is a breeze.

A lot of people do not install the unit correctly and feel and hear a click at the zero point. This means you did something wrong :grin: Alot of impatient people set the three interacting springs to tight to each other.

Also to get more tension on the lower strings i use two springs on the Bass side, tremsetter in the middle, and one spring on the treble side. Seeing the pic you posted this is not possible with the tremolno. Or can you change the position of the bar?[/quote]

Tbh I've never used the tremsetter. :p Well I guess the biggest reason I think it's better is because it doesn't require any routing while the tremsetter requires some no? Can you change tunings easily with a tremsetter or do you need to adjust the springs from 0 again? And does the trem always return to the same exact position with the tremsetter or can its spring miss sometimes and you end up slightly out of tune?

When the tremol-no is in fixed mode it's really fixed, the bridge won't budge at all and the sustain you get is enormous(the guitar vibrates a lot more). Same with "dive only" mode, with which it is practically impossible to go out of tune(unless you tune UP from a lower tuning, for that you'd need to set it to fixed mode or better yet: adjust the springs. I'm not sure if the tremolno is designed to handle tuning up to a higher tuning.)

You can't change the position of the tremol-no block/bar to a different hook. You have to use 2-4 springs running parallel, but 3 in the upper, center, and lower positions are enough for me on my UV7 and charvel with some higher gauge strings. You can put 2 springs on the treble side, but that would be :redneck: unless you're left-handed.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

A tremsetter does not require any routing. You need to drill one small hole because there is a metal rod in between all the springs that needs to move freely back and forth. (not nessecary (sp?) if the guitar has a large cavity) And one or two (depending on cavity) small screws for a smal metal plate with a hook, on which the unit is secured.

A trem setter is not a backstop or whatever. It is a stabalizing unit for a tremelo (actually vibrato Fuck Leo for the stupid mistake). It brings the trem back to the zero position. And adds stability. I must say that it does that amazingly well. I once tried - just to see if it was possible - to tune the guitar to a dropped Ab (I tune to Bb) only with the fine tuners, and it worked like a charm.

And restringing is so much easier than with a floyd with only the normal springs.

On a side note, i just like having a little more tension on the lower strings and this works for me. I go from 011 to 058 and with te added spring i do not need a heavier gauge. This way i can use the same gauge on all my guitars and just buy them by the dozen, which is cheaper. just regular GHS 011 sets and a bag of separate 058 stings.