a band again

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Abzu
Postwhore

a band again

Post by Abzu »

Going to start playing in a band again. I'm wondering how well I can manage time to make it work being a single dad. That made it difficult the last time I tried.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
deckard
Metal God

Re: a band again

Post by deckard »

:santa:

good luck, i am thinking about trying to form a band again after a long break and just with a full time job it seems too much
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Good luck to you also, then!
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

what style would you want to do?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="toozey"]what style would you want to do?[/quote]

Well, we used to play some punk thrash stuff, though I wanted to get more complex and heavier. As it looks for the future, we'll start with the old songs but as new songs are written, I'm going to push for something more interesting.

[quote name="Skinfection"]being in a band :xx:

though some different folk to make musics with who are able to jam on the regular need to be sought after[/quote]

:idea:

I hear that. I wish I could be the hard-on bearer who is always ready to go, but being a single dad really makes that rough. Now, two of us are parents, so I think things like touring is completely out of the question.
;,,;
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

Good luck finding people who share the same vision/feel the music in a similar way you do, if you're writing all the music that is. Can be a nightmare watching your songs butchered and messed with to fuckery. :shakefist:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

I'd love to play in a band soon now that I'm a freelancer. Hopefully I find some musicians into some old school death metal or 80s thrash metal or just plain classic heavy metal like Judas Priest and Motorhead but that seems to be very rare around these parts. :frown:

Most 'metalheads' in my area are into Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, As Blood Runs Black, Acacia Strain, Asking Alexandria...that stuff. :homework:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Olden Polynice"]Good luck finding people who share the same vision/feel the music in a similar way you do, if you're writing all the music that is. Can be a nightmare watching your songs butchered and messed with to fuckery. :shakefist:[/quote]

It's an old band so it has the people already.
;,,;