So yeah, uhm...Gibson just made this...

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
shadowalk
Metal God

So yeah, uhm...Gibson just made this...

Post by shadowalk »

TamPron
Metal God

Re: So yeah, uhm...Gibson just made this...

Post by TamPron »

Makes sense.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote="Skinfection"]
kind of makes sense, i guess. at least it's not as ugly as the les pauls with floyd roses.
[/quote]

i always thought those looked cool/bizarre
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Gibson should just really stick to their strength which is classic-looking guitars with 'soul' or whatever the guitar hippies call it. I'm not sure what their angle is with the 7 string Les Paul as I've yet to come to terms to the fact that Gibson is actually challenging Ibanez, ESP, Schecter, Jackson, and others in the extended range guitar market. If so, that's kinda...ridiculous IMHO on Gibson's part.

Also that Floyded Les Paul is  :oldryan:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

if you're gonna do a double-locker on a les paul, just clone jeff hanneman's old LP or don't bother. that guitar :thingy:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

[quote="Hitoshura"]
if you're gonna do a double-locker on a les paul, just clone jeff hanneman's old LP or don't bother. that guitar :thingy:
[/quote]
and yes, that's a kahler trem
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

obviously it looks fucking weird and anyone with any sense wouldnt buy it but they are going to go in this direction

modern people like all that stuff, i have moved away from it personally, considering selling all my 7 strings :santa:
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

obviously it looks fucking weird and anyone with any sense wouldnt buy it but they are going to go in this direction

modern people like all that stuff, i have moved away from it personally, considering selling all my 7 strings :santa:
neckred
Ancient One

Post by neckred »

Pauls sound great, a 7 string one is pretty neat. 

But I've always found LPs to be a bit overrated as well.  It's heavy and balanced terribly.  Which is very obvious when you use one with a strap. 

The updated Les Paul, aka SG is much better balanced. It's pretty funny how the SG was going to replace the LP with the same name.  But Les Paul fanboys wouldn't have it!  The ESP EC (I think they're called) are much better balanced. 

For what it's worth, the Strat is by far my favorite guitar shape.  Lots of other awesome guitars directly copied the Strat form.  :xx:
ImageImageImageImage
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Aye. I'm quite partial to the strat shape as well. My RG has served me well and continues to do so, even though it's one of the new Indonesian-made models. I wouldn't mind another for my next guitar though I really want to get my hands on an 80s/gloryhole era charvel model guitar sometime. Also the ESP superstrats from said era are really attractive to me.
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

all my guitars have been strat shaped, well super strat i guess until my SG which I find incredibly comfortable with a strap.

i did own an LTD explorer once but sold it.