riffin from earlier today

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
zim
Zim(a)

Re: riffin from earlier today

Post by zim »

:xx: dat tone :alien:

more guitar videos people!
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Well geez, I should make one too, then.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

that was fucking :xx:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

holy crap that sound. :shock:

i need that pedal in my life
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

That's fucking awesome. You've got a great potential track there. Don't fuck it up with a blast beat or "technical playing" (random showoffy playing just for the sake of it). Keep it simple and add complexity only when it requires it.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

The key to this is timing the voice-overs/vocals right. I don't think you should create lyrics that sing over the first part of the riff. That first part of the riff should be allowed to be by itself as much as possible. If not completely then partially, with minimal vocals over the first part of the riff.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

That is quite incorrect. Music creation can be a dynamic process in which the instrument parts (vocals, drums, guitar, bass) can be composed simultaneously. Does anyone remember the discussion in which someone wrote that Pete Sandoval would sometimes record drum tracks and then Trey would compose over it. And I can bet you Danzig figures out his vocal choruses first and records the music around it for a lot of his songs. There was no chance in hell Jerry Cantrell would have recorded the guitar parts to some of the most famous songs without atleast Layne's vocal style playing in his head.

Recording a track all by yourself is fine. But don't under estimate the collaborative process that arises from a jam session. The way some one sings over a song or drums on it can completely change your perspective about it and the rest of your song may even adjust accordingly.

Up to you ofcourse.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I listened to this clip only twice last night and its been playing in my head since. It's great and I hope you can finish it up properly.