fuck you 8 and 9 string pizza burgers

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
zim
Zim(a)

fuck you 8 and 9 string pizza burgers

Post by zim »

you heard me
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Grudge
Metal God

Re: fuck you 8 and 9 string pizza burgers

Post by Grudge »

But Justin Broadrick doesn't really use anything beyond the last and second last strings (thickest and second thickest). He doesn't really have any use for the other strings.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

I still can't see myself holding a 7 string anytime soon, how much more an 8 or 9 string. :homework:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Can't really think it has any uses except tap guitar or djent, which is a misuse of any guitar with more than 1 string anyway.

[youtube][/youtube]
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote="Lavabug"]
Can't really think it has any uses except tap guitar or djent, which is a misuse of any guitar with more than 1 string anyway.

[youtube][/youtube]
[/quote]

this might be a joke but it really isn't, this is every new metal band.

it's fucking embarrasing is what it is. any guitarists that tries to pass this shit off as metal/music should be kicked square in the balls.
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

I've got a funny feeling that there's at least one of us here in the MABB who actually likes that stuff and is now too ashamed to admit it. :redneck:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote="zim"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Lavabug" data-cid="552717" data-time="1436642025">
<div>

[youtube][/youtube]
[/quote]

this might be a joke but it really isn't, this is every regenerated death metal band.

it's fucking embarrasing is what it is. any guitarists that tries to pass this shit off as metal/music should be kicked square in the balls.

</div>
</blockquote>
Any band that plays like this rightfully gets the label of 'djent' and not death metal. I don't know what "n.ew death metal" you're referring to, but it would be a damn shame if they're labeling it themselves when the difference is night and day.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote="shadowalk"]
I still can't see myself holding a 7 string anytime soon, how much more an 8 or 9 string. :homework:
[/quote]
Also :asianhands:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote="Lavabug"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="zim" data-cid="552724" data-time="1436664854">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Lavabug" data-cid="552717" data-time="1436642025">
<div>

[youtube][/youtube]
[/quote]

this might be a joke but it really isn't, this is every regenerated death metal band.

</div>
</blockquote>
Any band that plays like this rightfully gets the label of 'djent' and not death metal. I don't know what "n.ew death metal" you're referring to, but it would be a damn shame if they're labeling it themselves when the difference is night and day.

</div>
</blockquote>

i guess i meant djent instead of death metal. it's just so annoying to see metal rhythm guitar reduced to super low tuned, single note patterns for the entire length of a song
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

It just bothers me to use the "n.ew death metal" label to refer to very sub-par, unsophisticated Meshuggah rip-offs.

There are still plenty of n.ew dm bands that are tits and it is disgraceful to put them in the same bucket.